Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone86

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 08:17:24 PM

Do Tyrone have the defenders to keep the Dublin forwards quiet - after watching yesterday its unlikely...

With the same 6 as yesterday and the Leinster Final I'd envision Gourley / Quinn, Justy / Keaney, Gormley / Brogan the elder, Harte / Brogan the younger, Ricey / Sherlock and Jordan / Connolly.

If it transpires like that I don't think the Dubs will rack up a massive score - the only one I'd worry about is Davy on Brogan.

stew

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 03, 2008, 08:34:34 PM
The Dubs are hot favourites with the bookies - 4/9 with Ladbrokes and 8/15 with Paddy Power - with Tyrone 9/4 and 15/8 I don't think Tyrone have been such large underdogs since the 2000 game with Armagh.

I have called the da and he is putting a sizeable bet on for me on Tyrone, they have an extra week to prepare and i think that will tip the scales in their favour. 9/4 is too good to pass up.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: tyrone86 on August 03, 2008, 08:43:42 PM

Do Tyrone have the defenders to keep the Dublin forwards quiet - after watching yesterday its unlikely...

With the same 6 as yesterday and the Leinster Final I'd envision Gourley / Quinn, Justy / Keaney, Gormley / Brogan the elder, Harte / Brogan the younger, Ricey / Sherlock and Jordan / Connolly.

If it transpires like that I don't think the Dubs will rack up a massive score - the only one I'd worry about is Davy on Brogan.

Well Connolly likely to be full forward with Keaney out in the half forwards and after yesterday I expect Brogan to take Gormley...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Looks like we're the two most loathed counties in Ireland anyway lads, so mutually solidarity in adversity and all that  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

When is the game? Coming weekend or the one after?

I'm busy the weekend after, but free this....
Testing Accessibility

clarshack

i think this is the big game that tyrone need and an extra week's rest will certainly help too. colm o'rourke said a couple of weeks ago on rte that altough he was impressed with dublin he thought they would be found out eventually in their full back line.  will it be by tyrone? must get out the sam 05 dvd which has full coverage of the first tyrone v dublin game in 2005 to compare the 2 teams from then to now!

20leg-end08

Quote from: ziggysego on August 03, 2008, 09:31:26 PM
When is the game? Coming weekend or the one after?

I'm busy the weekend after, but free this....

match is on 16th as a stand-alone. throw in at 4

galway/kerry and armagh/wexford is this coming saturday

cork/kildare is on before the hurling semi nxt sunday
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

clarshack

will the minors not even get playing before it?

20leg-end08

I don't know...it just says on rte teletext that the 4 quarter finals have been all announced for croke park. Doesn't mention minors or anything.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Excellent, Martin Carney has just written us completely off saying that we're "not a patch on the 2005 Tyrone team". But then, he wrote us off completely in 2005 too!  :D Gotta luv the 'pundits', gotta luv 'em!

20leg-end08

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2008, 10:38:34 PM
Excellent, Martin Carney has just written us completely off saying that we're "not a patch on the 2005 Tyrone team". But then, he wrote us off completely in 2005 too!  :D Gotta luv the 'pundits', gotta luv 'em!

Obviously we're not the same team we were in 2005 and we haven't been great so far this year but there's definetly signs of some of the old play coming back. The defence is very good and midfield is improving. I'm just praying that Mugsy is near ready for a good 70 mins. I'm very confident that we'll give the dubs a good match and I'm reasonably confident that we can beat them. Most of the pundits are just trying to make themselves bigger names. Though I think Dara O is as good a pundit as there is at the moment.

onlyonefut

This is the current information on the GAA.ie website; how can we book accomodation and travel with this info.

http://www.gaa.ie/page/football_championship_2008.html

GAA Football All Ireland Senior Championship Qualifier Round 3

Páirc an Chrócaigh 2.00pm Fear Manach v Cill Dara Live RTE2
Referee: Aidan Mangan (Ciarraí)
(E.T. if Necessary)
Páirc an Chrócaigh 4.00pm Ciarraí v Muineachán Live TV3
Referee: Maurice Deegan (Laois)
(E.T. if Necessary)

9th/10th
All Ireland Minor & Senior Football Championship Quarter Finals (4)

24th
All Ireland Minor and Senior Football Championship Semi-Finals (Connacht/QF V Munster/QF)

31st All Ireland Minor and Senior Football Championship Semi-Finals (Leinster/QF V Ulster/QF)

time ticking away

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 08:55:22 PM

Well Connolly likely to be full forward with Keaney out in the half forwards and after yesterday I expect Brogan to take Gormley...

At the opening game of the NFL in Croke (under lights) in 2007, Brogan played well in the first half. At half time Conor Gormley was moved onto him and the story goes that the garda arrested Conor after the game to
help them in their investigations as to the disappearance of Brogan during the second half.
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: 20leg-end08 on August 03, 2008, 10:46:04 PM
Though I think Dara O is as good a pundit as there is at the moment.

Agree completely there, I think he's just about the best around, closely followed by Tohill.

Quote from: time ticking away on August 03, 2008, 10:49:18 PM
At the opening game of the NFL in Croke (under lights) in 2007, Brogan played well in the first half. At half time Conor Gormley was moved onto him and the story goes that the garda arrested Conor after the game to
help them in their investigations as to the disappearance of Brogan during the second half.

;D

The Dubs have no end of bad memories against this particular Tyrone team, but by Jesus we've a whole lot more retribution to exact for '95, a whole lot more!  ;D

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: time ticking away on August 03, 2008, 10:49:18 PM
Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 03, 2008, 08:55:22 PM

Just a pity the game is 18 months later and is on a summers day not a winters night and Gormley is in poor form and Brogan is playing a lot better...