Tír Eoghain vs Áth Cliath '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, August 03, 2008, 05:57:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

Definitely on next weekend and part of a double header .........unless Galway "agree" to play their game v Kerry in Limerick/Salthill and Armagh "agree" to play in Clones.

tyroneboi

Could potentially be the making of this Tyrone team and would definitely be the end of the road for Dublin. Would be fairly confident that our defence can handle the Dublin attack. Midfield and forward is a big worry though at this stage. Sean Cav needs to start at midfield and take Whelan on a tour of Croke Park and leave Ryan to big Enda. Tommy cant have as bad a game as he had yesterday and I would keep a double substitution of Brian McGuigan and Mulligan for the last 20 minutes and hopefully Mugsy can be inspired like 3 years ago (cant believe its been that long). Think we can squeeze through if we can keep it a low scoring game.

Canalman

Fellow Dubs posters, lets relax a bit and enjoy this trashtalking. Jeez, I don't think I will bother showing up for the game as Tyrone have obviously won it already.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Canalman on August 03, 2008, 06:36:26 PM
...I don't think I will bother showing up for the game as Tyrone have obviously won it already.

The publicans will be happy then  ;)

Quote from: Down Gael on August 03, 2008, 06:37:10 PM
Galway are something of an unknown quantity. Beating Mayo doesnt say much, even Tyrone managed that.

10/10 for the brass neck, after that embarrassment in Croke yesterday.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Jinxy

Quote from: tyroneboi on August 03, 2008, 06:34:19 PM
Could potentially be the making of this Tyrone team and would definitely be the end of the road for Dublin. Would be fairly confident that our defence can handle the Dublin attack. Midfield and forward is a big worry though at this stage. Sean Cav needs to start at midfield and take Whelan on a tour of Croke Park and leave Ryan to big Enda. Tommy cant have as bad a game as he had yesterday and I would keep a double substitution of Brian McGuigan and Mulligan for the last 20 minutes and hopefully Mugsy can be inspired like 3 years ago (cant believe its been that long). Think we can squeeze through if we can keep it a low scoring game.

It's Ryan you should be worried about.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Radioulster

This should be a stand alone fixture on Saturday week  ;) as we need a break before facing the dubs.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2008, 06:38:48 PM

Yeah, quaking in our boots FFS.

brokencrossbar1

If there is the mooted extra week to make this a stand alone fixture I would fancy Tyrone to take the Dubs.  they on are on tha back of a couple of hard games and with an extra weeks rest tehy will be raring to go.  The dubs on the other hand have been idle now for a few weeks.  They have not been pushed in Leinster as they are a step above everyone they have played and have won it at about 60% of their capacity.  The difference is though can they go from a virtual standing start to 100 miles an hour?  I really don't know
.  there is nothing that prpares players for championship games than playing more championship games.  Tyrone will clog the space around the middle.  They will play McGinley and mellonh there and bring Cavanagh out from 12.  They will force the Dublin forarwds into corners and isolat them.  When the Dubs are isolated they loss the run of where they are going and become very disjointed.  Although I would prefer to play dublin if we are able to get over Wexford I fear that Tyrone will have too much for them and that tactically Harte is more clever than Pillar and will get the big calls right on the day.

Tyrone by 3.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2008, 06:38:48 PM
Quote from: tyroneboi on August 03, 2008, 06:34:19 PM

Ryan is having a good season but have you not seen Enda this year? He has been just as good and is in the form of his life (like Ryan). If theres one man on the Tyrone team to deal with Ryan its Enda.

Jinxy

In fairness to Enda McGinley, although he has a tremendous work rate, he doesn't have Ryans athleticism.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on August 03, 2008, 06:55:49 PM
In fairness to Enda McGinley, although he has a tremendous work rate, he doesn't have Ryans athleticism.

Are you the new Dublin PRO Jinxy?

Ryan ran riot against Wexford, but do you really think he'll get that latitude against ourselves?

No doubt that he's improved in marked steps over the last few years, but really, do you really think he'll have such free-reign in the next game?

By the way, DUBSFORSAM1, INDIANA, His Holiness, Tankie, GNevin, etc., think you're doing a wonderful job  ;)

brokencrossbar1

I have to disagree there jinxy.  The one thing about McGinley is that he has an engine like a steam train and gets through an awful lot of work.  Ryan may have bulked up and gets through a lot of tough work but Mcginley I think would have the legs for him.

tyroneboi

On a similar note, will Whelan be able to stop Cavanagh? He has arguably got better since 2005 and Whelan is very much heading in the direction of retirement within a year or two. Should be a very interesting midfield battle. Though in fairness although i mentioned in a previous post about Cavanagh perhaps starting at midfield, do Dublin have a defender to cope with him if he plays at 11 or 14??

Jinxy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 03, 2008, 07:00:10 PM

Are you the new Dublin PRO Jinxy?

Ryan ran riot against Wexford, but do you really think he'll get that latitude against ourselves?

No doubt that he's improved in marked steps over the last few years, but really, do you really think he'll have such free-reign in the next game?

By the way, DUBSFORSAM1, INDIANA, His Holiness, Tankie, GNevin, etc., think you're doing a wonderful job  ;)

I just tell it like it is.

heffo

Perfect draw for Dublin - if this Dublin team are to finally win the AI, they'll be doing it the hard way this year.

A strong ref needed as Tyrone will be up to their usual gamesmanship and won't want to let an open game of football develop - Banty's brother or any other nordie ref better not be appointed.