Croke Park - Airport Logistics

Started by AbbeySider, July 29, 2008, 01:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

I want to bounce a few ideas and get an opinion on if the following is possible.

I am flying from Dublin airport at 930 on Saturday night (international flight) but id like to get the Mayo match in Croke Park at 4pm.
Ill be coming up from Mayo with luggage so im wondering what are my options and if its logistically possible??

One possibility is to park early at the airport and head to croke park (dont know how)
and then head back to the airport after the match (again dont know how, perhaps taxi)

Any ideas? Is it possible?

An Fear Rua

The Air coach stops in Drumcondra, Fagans side of croke, Im not sure as to what time they close the roads at, but there should be a contingency stop near by to get you in to Drumcondra. Id recommend jumping a Taxi up near Quinns for the return journey.
Its Grim up North

AbbeySider

Quote from: An Fear Rua on July 29, 2008, 01:32:57 PM
Id recommend jumping a Taxi up near Quinns for the return journey.

Quinns is normally crazy busy after a match. Is there a taxi rank in the vicinity further north west of Quinns?

An Fear Rua

your best bet is to phone aircoach and see where there Drumcondra stop gets relocated to, you may be able to get that in both directions.
Taxi wise , better to ask one of the dubs , but Id reckon up near PorterHouse North, Des Kelly carpets would be handy enough.
Its Grim up North

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Would have thought dandering back to Connolly after the match and then getting the bus to the airport would have been your best bet, would only take you about 20 mins from Croker to Connolly at an easy walk.
Tbc....

ildanach

Hopefully we will have the game nearly won 10mins into the second half and you can slip out early and beat the rush for the taxis!!Failing that, head back up towards the mater hospital  after the game and get one at the rank there.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.