Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 27, 2008, 06:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

Tyrone to take their first step on total rehabilitaion and win after a dirty auld draw.  The thriller of the weekend. 

furboot

A theory on why delay in naming Mayo team...the problem is the half forward line - i.e. leave or switch Pat Harte

Our best HF line would be T Mortimer, Harte and Dillon - everyone being fit and available that would definitely be it and a formidable centre half forward line at that.

If T Mortimer is not fit that requires 1 change to the ideal lineup (PGardiner or BJP or AMoran maybe)
If McGarrity also not fit that could mean 2 changes to the HF line as one of the obvious switches is to move Pat Harte from CHF but that means ideal hf line is now badly disrupted - 2 regulars down.
If TMort is fit but RMcG is not then switching Harte is a strong possibility
If both are out the answer might be to leave Harte at CHF and start Seamus O'Shea at midfield.

A lot of if's but could explain why JOM wants to delay because the team changes necessary could be very different on either or both being out - not simple as 1 or 2 out and 1 or 2 in.

That aside if McGarrity doesn't make it on Saturday but Mort is ok what is the best midfield partner for Parsons? Harte or O'Shea ?

rrhf

I heard from a very good source that Mc Donald will have a starting jersey on him tomorrow.  This guy is a dye in the wool Mayo man, surely this could not happen. 

the Deel Rover

Do ye fell under pressure this weekend lads , well according to John o' you should be  :o

O'Mahony admits whole county is under pressure

Mayo manager John O'Mahony
01 August 2008

John O'Mahony has admitted the entire county of Mayo is under pressure to get a result against Tyrone this weekend in the All-Ireland SFC qualifiers.

O'Mahony says while the westerners are in the last chance saloon, patience will have to be the name of the game for everyone going into the game.

"You play every championship game like it's your last," said O'Mahony. "We knew when we took on this job 18 months ago that we were heading into a period where everyone, collectively in Mayo, needed to be patient.

"The pressure is on the collective county to do that, to not show panic. I'm long enough on the road at this stage to know that.
"We'd love to win this game and we'll be doing everything we can to win it."

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

the Deel Rover

Quote from: rrhf on August 01, 2008, 05:26:12 PM
I heard from a very good source that Mc Donald will have a starting jersey on him tomorrow.  This guy is a dye in the wool Mayo man, surely this could not happen. 

rrhf unfortunately there are two chances of Mc having a starting Jersey on tomorrow those are none and sweet fcuk all jesus he is not even in the panel. Think about it can you imagine John o calling up Mc a day before the match and giving him a jersey not a chance
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Farrandeelin

I'm under pressure all day Deel Rover. And it's not because of the game tomorrow either!. I've heard Howley will play.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Farrandeelin on August 01, 2008, 05:31:30 PM
I'm under pressure all day Deel Rover. And it's not because of the game tomorrow either!. I've heard Howley will play.

Thats good Farrandeelin good to see Trevor back . i suppose he will be on Brian Mc Guigan should be a good battle are you heading up ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Farrandeelin

Yea, headin up surely. Not sure if there'll be a large crowd from Mayo but I'll be there anyway!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

the Deel Rover

one of todays papers said that the county board didn't look for more than the 7000 tickets they orignally got
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

20leg-end08

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 01, 2008, 05:48:26 PM
one of todays papers said that the county board didn't look for more than the 7000 tickets they orignally got

Also read that. But also heard from a couple of sources that they expect an awful crowd of tyrone people heading - unless everyones been doing their ticket searching on ticketmaster like myself.

Whats the predictions now that the match is nearly upon us? I've seen a prediction of Tyrone win by 5 and a couple of Mayo by 2 r 3 points. I think Tyrone will hit top form in the open space and Brian McGuigan will be man of the match. Tyrone by 7!!!
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

AbbeySider

I just heard that Billy Joe Padden broke his nose at training last night. If thats the case, and its true, then its definately an injury we could have done without. Would have liked to have seen him on the half forward line if Harte was going to mid-field.

Also I think it said on NewsTalk that there could be extra time if its a draw. Then again it was the same guys that said McD was back training so I dont know what to believe.

When will the team be announced? Will it be announced on Mad West in the morning ? (time? ) 

Barney

ok think we need to win and will in a close one

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on August 01, 2008, 09:20:35 PM
Tyrone 0-19 Mayo 1-16 AET

Both counties object and then appeal the result to the CCCC, CHC, DRA, AIB, BOI, IFA, AA and finally the World Trade Organisation. 
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

What about a plain and simple prison-yard brawl to settle it. Reckon Conor Mortimer'd be laid out easily. Conor Gormley to be last man standing with blood dripping from his lips.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.