Tír Eoghain vs Maigh Eo '08

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, July 27, 2008, 06:57:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

QuoteThumbs! I like it, didn't realise he'd got a double poke in.

We didnt reallise he got any poke in, thought it was always marked down as an accidental elbow, but thanks for confirming it,  ;) thats how Gooch felt for a while.

QuoteStill, if you're going to be jigging about in the small square trying to use the goalie as a screen (a la basketball) to make runs off your defender then some collisions are inevitable.

We are playing him on the 40 now to keep him away from any fouling goalkeeepers with any auld thumbs sticking where they could take the eye out of his head. Thankfully his eye sight is fine since and his All Ireland medal collection is growing nicely.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Tyrone Dreamer

Dont think its a good idea naming the same 15 every week if its not your best 15. Personally I'd like to have seen a change in half back and corner forward. Still dont think its a bad team and capable of playing a good running game. Biggest test for Mellon and McGinley so far but I'm hopeful they can do a job and have been encouraged by their partnership so far. Huge game for us, could well define our season. We might need 20 good minutes from Mulligan (like v Dubs in 1st half replay in 05) if we're to win this one.

Fuzzman

What's the rule lads about naming yer team but can ye then change it before throw in or just if someone is injured?

I'm not surprised about back line and MF not changing but thought maybe Penrose would be dropped a that's 2 games now he was poor and if he can' cut it against Louth and Westmeath what chance has he with the so called bigger teams

I'd like to see Sean or Mulgrew at 12 with Tommy and another good target man in FF line

Tyrone Dreamer

You can make whatever changes you want. So far this year I think we've played pretty much as selected from what I remember.

furboot

see Mayo team not be named until saturday per http://www.clubmayo.ie/

20leg-end08

When was the last team we'v been able to name an unchanged team for 3 matches in a row?

The bench looks very strong aswell with the likes of mugsy, mulgrew, mccaul, mcmahon etc. If we can get past Mayo on saturday and if mugsy gets another 20-25 minute runout I could see him taking the place of Penrose whose shooting has been woeful so far this year.

Can't wait til 4 on Sat  ;D
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

Fuzzman

Do you think it will be easy enuf to get a ticket down there lads on Sat
I havent bothered with Ticket tout master and their crap tickets and handling charges

tyssam5

Not best pleased about this, but I reckon I will have to pay $99 to Setanta for their 'football ticket' to watch this on the net. Having only seen the Sunday Game and no live games so far it's hard to know what to make of the ways things are going. Seems to be very mixed reviews on this thread. I think I can see Harte's thinking in keeping the same starting 15, we have been needing a bit of continuity. But I hope he has a few plans in mind for the game and is not afraid to implement them quickly if the need arises.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2008, 11:03:55 PM
Do you think it will be easy enuf to get a ticket down there lads on Sat
I havent bothered with Ticket tout master and their crap tickets and handling charges

Yeah it won't be a problem. They'll be selling them from the usual places on Saturday. Dont expect there to be a huge crowd, in around 35k at best I'd guess. Just hope we take our chances a bit better than in our last game and in our last game in croke, if not we're in big big trouble.

Fuzzman

Any of ye fancy meeting up before the game or after it for a few jars?

Would be good to put a few faces to the names.
Maybe in Jurys Hotel or any other suggestions?

Aaron Boone

Some excellent pre-match analysis at mayonews.ie (sports section ;)).

Fuzzman, Gills or The Tree are good venues. They have Dublin lads singing rebel songs in Gills after every game.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2008, 11:29:08 PM
Any of ye fancy meeting up before the game or after it for a few jars?

Would be good to put a few faces to the names.
Maybe in Jurys Hotel or any other suggestions?

Hill 16 on Gardiner Street is usually a good watering-hole for a few pre-match ones Fuzzman, there'll be a few of us there.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Lamh Dhearg Alba

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 31, 2008, 03:55:56 PM
So many Tyrone people really hold back on speaking their minds about Davy as he is a relation of the manager which brings up a whole history of controversy but if truth be told how many of the sub defenders would you realisically put behind him?

Ricey better HF than CB these days? Was he moved back to accommodate Davey to start with?

Ricey wasnt moved to accomadate Davy Harte, he was playing in the full back line before D.Harte even made the senior panel.

I have to disagree with your initial point too Fuzzman, I dont think people are scared to offer an opinion on Davy because of the fact Mickey is his uncle and we have seen plenty of opinions on him on this board over the last few months! Id be more inclined to say his link with the manager gets him abuse he doesnt always deserve, nice easy scapegoat at times. My own opinion is that he was one of Tyrone's steadiest players in recent years and well worthy of his place. This season he hasnt always been at his best and I wouldnt mind seeing Carlin or McCaul get a run in his position. I think the talk of him being some sort of weak link on the team is overstated though, he hasnt ever let Tyrone down.

Happy enough with the team but would like to see Sean Mor and Tommy Og swap positions on the day. Still feeling pessimistic about this one (and this year) but who knows maybe it will all start to fall into place this weekend....

Fear ón Srath Bán

If Davy Harte steps up to it on Saturday, he's well worth his place. Let's see how the selection unfolds in the game: Westmeath was the biggest defensive test, this (Mayo) is the greatest step-up in class overall. Hopeful, in that Croke will extract max, and if max isn't good enough, then sobeit, such as it is.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Zapatista

I heard Mickey Harte on NewsTalk this morning. Did anyone hear it?

He was asked about the criticism he is getting from fans. (what criticism, I thought) He then said - empty vessels make the most noise :o :o :o

First of all, I think he is getting very little flack and any he is getting is constructive and he still comands huge support. I don't know why NewsTalk asked him that.

Secondly, Mickey should know better than to call fans anything other than 'great'. I am dissapointed he fell for it. :-\ :-\