The Dark Knight *** Warning, Spoilers included***

Started by Cumah!, July 25, 2008, 01:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cumah!

I know we have the Dark Knight thread with no spoilers, but I thought we needed somewhere were we could talk about how much we loved the film and which bits we thought were great etc...

****** WARNING! SPOILERS! ******

My personal fave was The Joker leaving the Hospital trying to get the rest of it blown up, him walking away in the nurses outfit looked hilarious!

screenexile

Ledger was outstanding. The thing where he kept licking the side of his lip creeped me completely out. My only complaint was that the leading lady wasn't a big enough star/good enough looker for my tastes. Not a big Maggie Gyllenall fan and is you look over the previous Batman ladies they're all crackers...

Kim Basinger
Michelle Pfeiffer
Nicole Kidman
Katie Holmes

I think Pamela Anderson would make a good Batman leading Lady  :o :o

FL/MAYO

The Batman character Christian Bale was disappointing, in my view not a great Batman. I just could not get to like him in the movie, at the end I liked the Joker better than Batman. I could not get his character from American Psycho out of my mind during the movie.

screenexile

Quote from: FL/MAYO on July 25, 2008, 04:08:13 PM
The Batman character Christian Bale was disappointing, in my view not a great Batman. I just could not get to like him in the movie, at the end I liked the Joker better than Batman. I could not get his character from American Psycho out of my mind during the movie.

Is that film any use? I've never seen it.

corn02

The thing that annoyed me was even when he was hanging off a high building and apparently doomed, he still used that shit voice.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: screenexile on July 25, 2008, 04:11:55 PM

Its ok, a lot of killing in it, a psycho going about his business in an efficient manner. Its a while since I have seen it but I think I watched the whole thing so thats a plus I suppose.

FL/MAYO

Quote from: corn02 on July 25, 2008, 04:14:45 PM

The thing that annoyed me was even when he was hanging off a high building and apparently doomed, he still used that shit voice.

Yes agree with the voice, very annoying.

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: screenexile on July 25, 2008, 02:04:21 PM
Ledger was outstanding. The thing where he kept licking the side of his lip creeped me completely out. My only complaint was that the leading lady wasn't a big enough star/good enough looker for my tastes. Not a big Maggie Gyllenall fan and is you look over the previous Batman ladies they're all crackers...

Kim Basinger
Michelle Pfeiffer
Nicole Kidman
Katie Holmes

I think Pamela Anderson would make a good Batman leading Lady  :o :o

THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH YOU, SHE IS THE MOST FANFUCKENTASTIC BIT OF ASS I wish I could ever get a bit of, unfortunatly not.

glenullinabu

The Batman character Christian Bale was disappointing, in my view not a great Batman.

dunno about that - batmanz a psycho too isnt he - are you supposed to like him?

The Gs Man

Ah, but sure if he didn't talk like that then everyone would know it was Bruce Wayne.  Although I do agree, the Joker stole the show.
Keep 'er lit

stiffler

I heard Robin saves the day, and they play 'every heart beat' to the end credits.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

J70

Quote from: screenexile on July 25, 2008, 04:11:55 PM

I thought it was excellent. Bale was very good in it. I'm still not sure if his character actually was a serial killer or not though!

Tankie

Grand Slam Saturday!

20leg-end08

Quote from: hardstation on July 27, 2008, 10:22:28 PM
Do they have the 'Pow' 'Whack' 'Boom' things coming up on the screen? If not, I'll give it a miss.

Unfortunately not!that was the only disappointing thing about it tho. I thought it was great Ledger stole the show, and Bale was great as Batman. Just such a cool git like when he was in the restaurant with the ballet girl and said "why don't we put some tables together?" and Dent says "I don't think they'l let us" so Wayne replies "They should....I own the place" ;D
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

The Corporal

Thought this film was immense! Would go back to the cinema a 2nd and a 3rd time to see. Ledger was class as the joker and some of his lines were really good. Bale has to be the ultimate Batman and i actually like the gravelly voice he puts on for Batman.

When you compare the 2 recent Batman films to the Joel Schumacher Batman films there is no compariosn, the Schumacher 1's are laughable! Compare Two-Face in Batman Forever to Two-Face in The Dark Knight.