The Dark Knight *** Warning, Spoilers included***

Started by Cumah!, July 25, 2008, 01:56:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Did anyone think they could have made it better if they had put it up to a 15 and went all out!

Was a freaky enough 12 though, I woulda had nightares about two face as a child!

Dannymcfella

Ledger was fantastic.
The part with him leaving the hospital in a nurses oufit has sorted my fancy dress for this year :o

Our Nail Loney

I thought the civillians would have definitely blew up the criminals boat there last night, anyone else?

Bale is cool as f**k, thought he was a great batman, havent seen batman begins yet so gonna have to go out and get it!

Derry Devil

Seen it tonight, absolutely brilliant.

Heath was unreal! As was Bale.

bombidal

epic of a film. All credit to Nolan, absolute brilliant director.
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

Our Nail Loney

The Prestige (directed by nolan and starring bale and caine also) is a great show as well. About two magicians who try to out do each other and rivaltry gets outta control. Typical nolan, very dark, sinister but class

stephenite

Just back from the flicks - thoroughly enjoyed it. Living out here, I had assumed the Aussies were just getting all worked up about Ledgers performance ( I never really rated him as an actor ) but he was immense, a brilliant performance.

corn02

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 30, 2008, 11:04:27 AM
The Prestige (directed by nolan and starring bale and caine also) is a great show as well. About two magicians who try to out do each other and rivaltry gets outta control. Typical nolan, very dark, sinister but class

Totally agreed. Prestige is a gem of a film.

clarshack

thought it was class. legder gave a great performance!

20leg-end08

Quote from: corn02 on July 30, 2008, 02:33:09 PM

Prestige is a great film with loads of twists but just pure brilliance.
It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: 20leg-end08 on July 30, 2008, 03:47:08 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 30, 2008, 02:33:09 PM

Prestige is a great film with loads of twists but just pure brilliance.

Was gonna watch batman begins tonight but now don't know whether to watch it or the prestige!!

Zapatista

Batman begins. Prestige was good enough but it's not Batman.

Just back from "The Dark Knight". Superb!

The Iceman

Ledger was the best villain I have ever witnessed on the Big Screen.  At times I had to remind myself it was actually him.  A lot of his traits really mess with your mind and he gets inside your head.

His similarities with Batman were a nice undertone throughout the film and I thought they did a great job to stick to the original DC character.

I agree that Rachel could have been better looking but also I was glad to see her go with Harvey and then get killed - Batman doesn't need a love interest and a Pamela Anderson would have been comical and ruined the film.

The Bike was class - that scene were he flips it off a wall is immense

Joker for me will never be replicated - nobody should ever do the Joker again as Ledger owns the role and has now unfortunately taken it to the grave.  The scene where he leaves the hospital in nurses outfit trying to make the building blow up, the scene where he burns all the money and the scene where he throws the champagne out and then sips from the empty glass are top drawer stuff

would watch it over and over again - just to see more

great film
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Our Nail Loney

I wanna see it again to catch the stuff I may have missed first go.

Also the JOker gave two acounts of how he got the scars? Which is true?

The Corporal

Im really thinking bout taking a half day from work and going again to watch it, it's just that good!

ONL im guessing the story about what his father did to himis the correct version of how he got his scars, they are more believable than Nicholson's jokers scars in the 1st Batman film