Went to see The Dark Knight last night (no spoilers)

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, July 21, 2008, 02:07:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

One of the most hyped films I can rememebr, and lives upto it.

Ledger is fantastic.

the milkman

Went to see it last night, looking forward to it for a while and it didn't disappoint, great show!

Ledger must be a cert for an Oscar??

Cumah!

Heath was good as the joker but is he really anywhere near Oscar standard? Would we be saying this if he was still alive? Sounds like a wee bit of Nostalgia to me... there should be some award dedicated to him yes, but as good as he was, don't think it should get an Oscar, Jack Nicholson didn't so Heath definitely shouldn't!

Film was fantastic, the action was brilliant, and as was already said, it didnt seem like 2 and a half hours at all, unlike American Gangster, whatever was in The Dark Knight was essential to the telling of the story!

DirtyDozen12

Is it really that good??  A lot of boys on here creaming the togs over it and Heath!!!  Ive got to check it out.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

screenexile

I was thinking about it this morning when I was posting "Was he really THAT good?". I wouldn't normally be one for jumping on the bandwagon but I thought every ounce of his performance as the crazed maniac was spot on... maybe he was a crazed lunatic in real life.

It reminds me of the episode of Extras where Kate Winslett is talking about playing somebody mentally retarded in her next film... "You're guaranteed an Oscar if you play a mental!" and if you look at the previous winners it's actually not too far wrong!

Our Nail Loney

Seeing it in teh vip as well corporal... cant wait

dying to read the otehr thread though with the spoilers in it!

glenullinabu

The Gs Man

Best film I've seen in ages.  Even if Heath Ledger hadn't died and there wasn't the whole hype surrounding it, he would still have got rave reviews/awards etc for his performance.

The way he just seemed to take a half-second before he spoke, just to think about it.....it was scary.  Absolutely class.
Keep 'er lit

Our Nail Loney

Saw it there last night as well, f**k it was good. Ledger was great but I don't think there would have been the hype if he was still alive.

Can finally go in the spoiler thread now!