Fluid in the Knee

Started by nrico2006, July 10, 2008, 10:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Anyone had fluid in their knee before.  My knee is now about twice the size of the other one and its full of fluid.  Picked it up due to constant falling on the hard ground up until a few weeks ago during games.  Anybody know how it can be treated etc?  Where is the best place to go - physio or hospital?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

thejuice

had that a year ago. i suppose you've tried taking anti-inflamatries. I'd go to hospital to get it looked at. They'll be able to tell of any damage was done and can carry out draining it if needs be or let you know if it will go down with time.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

nrico2006

Good man.  Haven't taken anything for it yet but will take a trip to the hospital later.

Thanks again!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

girt_giggler

build up of synovial fluid by sounds of it.  can be painful enough, physio sorted it out for me although it was a slow enough process in my case anyway.

Lecale2

I had this problem myself. A wee tap just below the knee sorted it out.

mannix

Happened me in secondary school over twenty years ago, fell on a concrete floor off a stage, took ages to go back to normal and was damn sore.Did not go to a doctor, my mother said I should give it up for my sins.