What if the GAA became franchised?

Started by Cumah!, July 09, 2008, 09:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cumah!

Can i just ask something...

Is it just a sensitivity towards Downs Syndrome? Would people have complained had i called a team "Antrim Alzheimers"? or Derry Dementias? I mean anyone can see that those team names are clearly just for alliteration, but would there have been uproar for making a "sick" joke about those sufferring from Alzheimers? Would people have cared for the Donegal Dyslexics?

In my honest opinion, there would not have been complaints, or if there had been they would not have been so strong as to ask for the Mods to ban me.

I'll admit that I was very proud to have thought of this idea late one night (the idea in question being the whole concept, not the Down name) , and had an enjoyable hour or so discussing it with my friends. I wanted to share them with others, and in hindsight may have been better to leave out the Down one.

I have apologised countless times, there was no malice or sickness intended, I would just like to move on so this topic, what i would deem enjoyable, can progress and we can hear more suggestions for team names..

Oraisteach

Wouldn't that be the Donelag Dyslexics?

How about the Derry Airs or the Louth Speakers?

Puckoon

Quote from: Cumah! on July 09, 2008, 09:13:11 PM
Can i just ask something...

Is it just a sensitivity towards Downs Syndrome? Would people have complained had i called a team "Antrim Alzheimers"? or Derry Dementias? I mean anyone can see that those team names are clearly just for alliteration, but would there have been uproar for making a "sick" joke about those sufferring from Alzheimers? Would people have cared for the Donegal Dyslexics?

In my honest opinion, there would not have been complaints, or if there had been they would not have been so strong as to ask for the Mods to ban me.

I'll admit that I was very proud to have thought of this idea late one night (the idea in question being the whole concept, not the Down name) , and had an enjoyable hour or so discussing it with my friends. I wanted to share them with others, and in hindsight may have been better to leave out the Down one.

I have apologised countless times, there was no malice or sickness intended, I would just like to move on so this topic, what i would deem enjoyable, can progress and we can hear more suggestions for team names..

The Antrim Alzheimer's would have started to complain and then forgotten all about it

The Dongeal Dyslexics - well you'd have made more sense out of a post written by the love child of Gnevin and Hurler on the bitch

As for the Derry Dementias - sure them boys wouldnt even know what day of the week it is.

Still though - you are one sick puppy.

Cumah!

I like the Derry Airs, snappy! Another suggestion was Derry Products..

Louth Speakers may well just be a winner, the only other suggestions were Mouths or Louts..

Kerry Maids was also suggested

haranguerer

Armagh...Spussystinks?
Down....With this sort of thing (see previous name)?

Captain Black

OMG so so sick. Mods, wield your banhammer immediately. Im so offended by 'DownSyndrome.'

::) Lets all join the PC Brigade

rosnarun

surely we can get something more offensive to get PC about after all down syndrome  is just word play using the full term for the condition not an insulting version of it and doesn't actually insult any body.
but calling  sligo 'Sligo schizo's' refering to the last 2 connaught finals  now that woud be offesive.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Zapatista

Aerlik

Down 'n' Outs
Down Towners
Down 'n' Dirties
Eider Downers

Derry Heirs, Antrim Crocuses, Donegal Ralliers, Tyrone Bushmen, Meath Cleavers,

I, too, didn't like the original Down "nickname" and Cumah you have the ability to change it.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Zapatista

small white mayoman

All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

dodo

RoscomMon Sters

Galway Hookers

Sligo Gogos

LeitRim Mers

MaYo Yos

::)

>:(

:D

sligeach

Quote14.   Kilkenny Cats

Thats hilarious alright. The kilkenny lads won't like that at all.

Oh wait.  ::)