Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Down Syndromes! Hadn't noticed that one till now. Very bold. :o :( :D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dubinhell

This could get really out of hand e.g.

Praia da Luz Childsnatchers or Austria Cellardwellers

Cumah!

I have already clearly point out that no offence was intended, it is simply a team name, I could just as easily called them Down Mournemen or something like that, but in the vein of the Kil-DARE DEVILS, the Mayo Neighs and the Cork Screws, it is because the County's name lends to a phrase, in this case Down Syndromes. It has nothing to do with people in the county suffering from it or in no way an attack on Down people, it is merely a joke. I apologise to anyone who has taken offence, for those who haven't they understand that it is not intended to cause any discomfort amongst board members.

Cumah!

Are you kidding me? To cause trouble? I signed up because I have been a long time reader of the board but have never had any reason to post on it. Now that my friends and I had this conversation, which I found very funny, I thought I had a reason to post. The Down Syndrome team name was just one of 29 that we came up with, I have no problem defending my right to post on this board. I thought that these names and this concept were too good to keep to ourselves, so as I said I felt i finally had a reason to sign up to the board.

Clearly I have caused offence to your fragile mindset, so I apologise for offending you. Anyone else who is offended I will apologise to also, but out of 29 team names it is stupid to pick out just one. I didn't make up another 28 names just so I could post the Down name..

Cumah!

Catch a grip of yourself man, if the Mods read all of my posts in this thread they will see that I have repeatedly said that this thread is a joke. No offence is intended. We did not come up with Down Syndromes and think "aw jesus thats funny i must sign up and post that". I thought that the rest of the team names were very good, we had come up with all the names and decided it was board worthy. I have already apologised to you personally, and to anyone else who was offended.

Note to all other readers:

This thread is intended solely as a joke. I find some of the team names very funny, and some quite clever e.g. Kerry Dolphins and Armagh Cardinals.

Cumah!

Right ok, if i knew how to i would love to set up a poll to see how many people actually are offended by this. you are the only one to have complained, as i said if the Mods did read my posts they would see I genuinely wanted other people to see this idea.

his holiness nb

Poor enough taste in fairness, if you were Tommy Tiernan you'd be hung by now  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Rossie11

QuoteHorrible horrible post
Bit OTT there..

ziggysego

Being disabled myself, I'm horrified by this. I thought this kind of attitude was condemned to the past. Sure it's a funny "joke", but jokes only feed into the negative views people have towards people like myself and encourage others to be the same. >:(
Testing Accessibility

his holiness nb

The argument that its "just a joke" isnt really an argument.

Are sick jokes ok because they are jokes?

I'm not personally offended, but can easily see how people could be.
Ask me holy bollix

haranguerer

Quote from: ziggysego on July 09, 2008, 12:33:48 PM
squareball.com had a good one. Fermanagh Virgins ;)
Quote from: ziggysego on July 09, 2008, 05:13:43 PM
Being disabled myself, I'm horrified by this. I thought this kind of attitude was condemned to the past. Sure it's a funny "joke", but jokes only feed into the negative views people have towards people like myself and encourage others to be the same. >:(

This seems like a switch in attitude?!
I would imagine there are a lot of people who, upon hearing you're disabled stayed well out of this one. Well, I'm neither discriminatory nor patronising, I'm sure you meet enough who are, so I thought I'd pull you up on it.
Btw, didnt pass any remarks on the Down thing when I first seen it, but when I thought about it I agree, it definitely encourages a mindset that disability is fair game to be laughed at, which is obviously wrong.

ziggysego

Fermanagh Virgins is a reference to them not winning Ulster before. Now I don't know haranguerer, but do you think there is something fundamentally wrong with being a virgin?
Testing Accessibility

haranguerer

I meant switch in attitude as in you read the post at half twelve, contributed, but then at a quarter past five you were horrified by the post.
Btw, I think theres nothing fundamentally wrong with being a virgin. Indeed, most fundamentalists seem to think its very very right.  :D

ziggysego

I actually missed that bit. I just went back to see what people were complaining about and saw it.

I actually just scrolled down to see what he had to say about Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

haranguerer

No further questions your honour.

They got off light though, either Cumah! isn't from Ulster, or hes from Tyrone  :D