Duke of York ~ Tuesday night!

Started by The Gs Man, June 30, 2008, 02:29:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Quote5th July on the 'LiveWire' Show, Captain Kennedy & Sang By Fire will be dropping into the studio for a chat and live acoustic Sets which are not to be missed.

You can listen in at 12 noon on Feile FM 103.2 or online www.feilefm.com.

Also on the show we have the Irish Icon of the week and if you can guess who it is there is a rollover jackpot prize up for grabs including meals,CD's and more goodies!!Plus news from the local music scene and the best local bands to catch on a night out in Belfast!

Make sure you tune in!!!!!

I have a great face for radio as they say.   ;D
Keep 'er lit

The Gs Man

Captain Kennedy playing a showcase for Feile FM this Tuesday night in the Duke of York if anyones knocking about????  I think it's also being streamed live over the Internet if you fancy getting a laugh!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/captainkennedy
Keep 'er lit

Norf Tyrone

Seen your lot in the paper there over the weekend talking about the Stone Roses!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

downgirl

Might be a stupid question but where is the Duke of York???

TacadoirArdMhacha

Pottinger's Lane I think is the address? Its one of them wee alleyways round the cathedral quarter. Great spot for sitting outside an having a few drinks if the weather's good. Fierce small upstairs though.

Might nip down to this since I'm Sang By Fire's number one fan. Was there at their first gig and all - share a house with their drummer. Superb band and the more established Captain kennedy will have to on top form to avoid the Derry lads stealing the show!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Gs Man

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 03, 2008, 11:22:27 PM
Seen your lot in the paper there over the weekend talking about the Stone Roses!

Tony Fearon aint the only one to get in the Belfast Tele..... ;)

Ah, but Sang By Fire won't be playing.  They were on the radio show that day with us, but aren't playing on Tues night.
Keep 'er lit

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteAh, but Sang By Fire won't be playing.  They were on the radio show that day with us, but aren't playing on Tues night.

Well I'm not friggin going then! >:(
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

The Gs Man

Keep 'er lit

nifan

Any of them other lot any use G man.
Have to say havent really listened to much local music lately so dont know whats any use - except that oppenheimer are still being touted as on the brink of greatness - theyve been on the brink for about 10 years....

The Gs Man

Nifan, the only group out of them that we've played with before is Mantic.  They're a class funk band from Derry.  think they played at Glasgowbury there recently.

The Vals have supported Ocean Colour Scene and will be supporting Henry McCullough and some bloke from Thin Lizzy this weekend so they're doing pretty well.  Junior Johnson is also making a name for himself.  He's a really class singer.  Don't know much about the rest.

As for Oppenheimer, they're still on the brink!  Although they've played a number of big Festivals lately and will be playing at Belsonic supporting The Flaming Lips, so that can't be bad!!!

Think the next big band from here will be one of (or all 3 of) The Panama Kings, Ed Zealous and General Fiasco.
Keep 'er lit

achadh gallain

Think il pop down 2 see ya's myself gs man, aint seen ya's play in ages.. il be down in belfast tomorrow night, so its better than sittin in the house! I know junior Johnson aswell so it'll be good to see him again after all these yrs!
good luck!  :)