The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 15, 2012, 07:50:57 PM
Great stuff from Hughesie over in England today.

Up Kildare!!

Was out all day, some riding performance from Hughes
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Don Johnson

Interesting winner in the 2.50 at Wincanton there. I would say it would gain some interest from certain sectors.

Disappointed with Trifolium earlier.

Might try a wee double on Baily Green and Joncol now to recoup the losses.

Link

2.50 at wincanton. my mate posted on facebook about this. he had £20 on it.

Denn Forever

Program on 5Live at the moment about the best flat racing horse.  So far all about Frankel so far. 

I assume it will be a podcast.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Don Johnson

There will always be that slight doubt hanging over him though that they never raced him internationally.

Donnellys Hollow

Yeah it's a pity that he wasn't given some more ambitious targets but I think it's understandable given the ill health of the trainer. I sadly get the impression that Henry Cecil does not have long left.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Great to see Rite Of Passage back. Some feat of training by Weld.

haveaharp

Talking through pocket, why is it that when you see a jockey looking between his legs back at the opposition 3f out that he invariably gets beat. (fame and glory)

beer baron

Haveaharp,i had a small bet on fame and glory and felt he gave the horse every chance in my opinon. What about Frankie getting dropped by the boys in blue?He'll be quite sought after i'd say as a freelance,tthough he prob only has 3 or 4 seasons left so i doubt Aidan will be ringing him to take over at coolmore!? Perhaps Donnelly might know more either way...

bcarrier

Anyone watching jockey eile ?

Donnellys Hollow

I can't see Dettori becoming Coolmore stable jockey but I think he may fulfill a similar role in their setup to that of Ryan Moore in recent years. Dettori is settled with his family in Newmarket and I can't see him relocating to Cashel at this stage of his life. I think it might be a bit of a hasty decision on Godolphin's part. Dettori proved over in Canada last weekend that he's still the best around in the big races.

Some fine NH action these days. Good few interesting horses out tomorrow at both Fairyhouse and Exeter. Waaheb, Melodic Rendezvous, Rocky Creek, Cops And Robbers and War Correspondent (half-brother to War Of Attrition) all making their seasonal reappearances.

Donnellys Hollow

Waaheb might have had a good spell off but he still looks to have something a bit special about him. We'll be hearing plenty more about him in the months ahead.

RealSpiritof98

QuoteTiger Cliff 3-50 Doncaster a friend of mine who is a successful Professional Gamber more laying than backing living in Ireland but from England and over there at the moment was given this by a mate of his who has had 5k each way on it on the word of Henry Cecil saying ''Have a go today'',my buddy significantly less as he said they are only horses,Do what you will folks

Just picked this off another forum, 9/2 atm

Link

Betfair offering a free £5 treble for aintree tomorrow, any tips lads?

bcarrier