Suspensions

Started by doirebhoy, May 08, 2008, 02:04:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doirebhoy

my club recently received a few suspensions in reference to a match a few weeks ago, there was a melee, with spectators etc involved, the ref only sent 1 of the opposing team off, however, we received notification yday that 1 of our players going to get 8 weeks and 3 of the opposing team getting 8weeks, due to the fact that someone from the CCCC was at the match and reported incidents, is this legal, have wee a leg to stand on, surely this is setting a dangerous precendent.

Any views

tyrone86

I'd say you've got a decent chance of getting off via the Ulster Council if your hearing within the county is rejected. In as far as I'm aware even a referee's assessor doesn't have the power to name name's in a melee. Unless there's video evidence or the referee has since put it in his report (which is doubtful because he took no action at the time and that opens another can of worms) then I can't see where in the official guide that a member of the CCC has the authority to individually give out suspensions.

tyrone86

QuoteRule 144
(f) Disciplinary Action alleging Misconduct at Games
Infractions may only be commenced by the
Competitions Control Committee where:
(i) The Referee's Report discloses the alleged
Infraction; or
(ii) The Referee has failed to submit his report
within a period of 14 days after the Game
concerned; or
(iii)Clarification of the Referee's Report is
received stating either
(1) That the Referee did not adjudicate upon
the subject matter of the Request, or
(2) That the Report ought to have stated that
the Infraction concerned did occur.

The bit in bold is only thing you can be done on even at that it's still pretty vague

David McKeown

My understanding was that if the incident was dealt with by the ref then no further action could be taken. If it wasn't then the Ccc could begin proceedings. Would need to check this though
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

pintsofguinness

Why don't you take your punishment like men?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

doirebhoy

taking punishment like a man, yes if the ref sends u off, then fair dues, but some fella in the cccc, says u did this etc, what is eventually going to come off this, (ie) some1 tugs a mans shirt off the ball, does he alert the ref after the game and he gets sent off?

take_yer_points

Quote from: doirebhoy on May 08, 2008, 10:13:04 PM
taking punishment like a man, yes if the ref sends u off, then fair dues, but some fella in the cccc, says u did this etc, what is eventually going to come off this, (ie) some1 tugs a mans shirt off the ball, does he alert the ref after the game and he gets sent off?

Did whatever they did deserve a sending off? If the ref had seen it?

Pangurban

Depends what the ref stated in his report, if players involved from your club not referred to they will probably win case at an appeal hearing

orangeman

They can only go on what the referee puts in his report - so you would get the suspensions lifted.

gaagaa

Quote from: doirebhoy on May 08, 2008, 02:04:29 PM
my club recently received a few suspensions in reference to a match a few weeks ago, there was a melee, with spectators etc involved, the ref only sent 1 of the opposing team off, however, we received notification yday that 1 of our players going to get 8 weeks and 3 of the opposing team getting 8weeks, due to the fact that someone from the CCCC was at the match and reported incidents, is this legal, have wee a leg to stand on, surely this is setting a dangerous precendent.

Any views

what club are you from

tyssam5

Take it your player is not a county man? Tough, he will get the 8 weeks. Sounds like you're lucky the whole club isn't kicked out of all competition and have your ground shut for a year!! Dirty Derry ba$trards, crowd and all involved, you wouldn't get that type of thing happening in Tyrone.

orangeman

Quote from: tyssam5 on May 09, 2008, 10:36:53 PM
Take it your player is not a county man? Tough, he will get the 8 weeks. Sounds like you're lucky the whole club isn't kicked out of all competition and have your ground shut for a year!! Dirty Derry ba$trards, crowd and all involved, you wouldn't get that type of thing happening in Tyrone.

Give Brian Dooher a ring !

Doire abú

Quote from: tyssam5 on May 09, 2008, 10:36:53 PM

lol you're some craic.    :D

on the sideline

I know this is slighly different but anyway, is there anyway of appealing against a straight red card.  Got into a bit of a scuffle with the boy i was markin & the two of us ended up on ground - no punces thrown by either of us, and then ref sends both of us for striking.  It really was nothing and nobody at the match could understand the red cards.  Never been lined before so dont know the procedures in place.  Any help? Thanks

on the sideline

[/quote]
What an appropriate username......... :D
[/quote]

Looks like im living up to it hardstation  :D Hadnt even noticed it