soccer quiz questions

Started by Minus15, May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on May 29, 2008, 04:12:26 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 28, 2008, 10:24:49 PM
Which Team never plays at home and played in the game that held Old Trafford's record attendance for over 60 years

This isn't a dig at Man United not playing inside Manchester urban limits is it?

No
You'll Never Walk Alone.

screenexile

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

screenexile

Haha... too late hardstation... LOSER! LOSER! :P :P :P :-* :-* :-*

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on May 29, 2008, 03:55:02 PM
Sir, Sir, Wasn't it against Wolves, Sir?

I believe so but no extra marks or gold stars for you as that wasn't the question
You'll Never Walk Alone.

screenexile

Oh and can I just clarify that Grimsby Town play their home matches at Blundell Park in Cleethorpes, and not in Grimsby Town as their name would have you believe!

screenexile

Saffron Sam 2?? Oneill?? Did you hear that sirs? :o :o :o

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

screenexile

Yeah look what happened the last time a big kid threatened me... do you want some of this... MOY SAN!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OmjRxm7erg&feature=related

Minus15

just on the question from dinny about premiership winners.
what about giggs? who else is there from wales? sparky?
how about senderos too?

Our Nail Loney

Stole some of these from another forum, apologies if already posted...

Name the only player to have played in all five major European leagues - English Premier League, French Ligue 1, Spanish Primera Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga.

An international player scored 8 goals in his native country before being signed by a top Premiership side, but only netted once after his arrival. He was then sold to a European club where he failed to score at all, though he did score once for his country during this time. He moved back to a Premiership club where again he only managed to score once, before being offloaded to another English club where he didn't score at all. He is one of the greatest players of all time. Who is he?

Name the 4 foreign (non UK or Irish) players who have played with 5 Premier League clubs.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on June 11, 2008, 12:06:35 PM

An international player scored 8 goals in his native country before being signed by a top Premiership side, but only netted once after his arrival. He was then sold to a European club where he failed to score at all, though he did score once for his country during this time. He moved back to a Premiership club where again he only managed to score once, before being offloaded to another English club where he didn't score at all. He is one of the greatest players of all time. Who is he?

Peter Schmeichel ?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 11, 2008, 12:17:13 PM

Peter Schmeichel ?

Bingo, this one was easy I thougt, got it myself and normally I am scrap at these trivia ones.

the Deel Rover

the greatest player of all time threw me
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Larry Duff

Name the only player to have played in all five major European leagues - English Premier League, French Ligue 1, Spanish Primera Liga, Italian Serie A, German Bundesliga.

Florin Raducouio (spelling?)