soccer quiz questions

Started by Minus15, May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: AFS on May 09, 2008, 04:41:57 PM
Genoa - Juve and Sampdoria

Together with AZ's I don't think there are anymore. Its also possible that Borussia Mönchengladbach are considered to be from Frankfurt but I don't think that should count.

Juve are in Turin, not Genoa.

gawa316

Quote from: Minus15 on May 09, 2008, 02:15:34 PM
craig bellamy
marcus bent
eyal berkovic?? anyone confirm??

Yeah thats them all

. Nick Barmby. (Spurs, Middlesborough, Everton, Liverpool, Leeds).
2. Ashley Ward. (Norwich, Derby, Barnsley, Blackburn, Bradford).
3. Stan Collymore. (Liverpool, Villa, Leicester, Notts Forest, Bradford).
4. Benito Carbone. (Sheffield Wednesday, Villa, Bradford, Middlesborough, Derby).
5. Les Ferdinand. (Leicester, QPR, Spurs, West Ham, Newcastle) - has also scored for Bolton Wanderers making him the first player to score for 6 teams.
6. Mark Hughes (Man Utd, Chelsea, Everton, Blackburn, Southampton).
7. Teddy Sheringham (Notts Forest, Spurs, Man Utd, Portsmouth, West Ham)
8. Andy Cole (Fulham, Man City, Newcastle, Blackburn, Man Utd). Also Portsmouth to make it 6!
9. Chris Sutton (Norwich, Blackburn, Chelsea, Birmingham, Villa).
10. Craig Bellamy (Coventry, Newcastle, Blackburn, Liverpool, West Ham).
11. Dwight Yorke (Villa, Man Utd, Blackburn, Birmingham, Sunderland).
12. Marcus Bent (Ipswich, Wigan, Everton, Charlton, Crystal Palace). Also Leicester which makes 6!
13. Nicolas Anelka (Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City, Bolton, Chelsea)

Minus15

8 european cities with 2 or more representatives in European Cup finals off the top of my head

Milan
Bucharest
Glasgow
London
Barcelona
Madrid
Belgrade
Bruge

AZOffaly

Bruge? Glasgow? Barca? Bucharest?

Are you talking about European 'Cup' Finals?

Minus15

are anderlecht based in bruge? going to go check these out but they were off the top of my head.

AZOffaly

No, Anderlecht are in Brussels, and Dinamo Bucharest, Rangers or Espanyol have not made a European Cup final, I don't think.

Minus15

ok anderlecht based in brussels. was thinking real sociedad close to barcelona but they hail from san sebastian. and me a geography student too. ;D

Minus15

how about rapid bucharest AZ.
im thinking paris now werent stade de reims who contested the first final from there?

AZOffaly

Stade de Reims are from Reims. It's another city in France.

Chrisowc

Lads.  One thousand pardons :-[

The question should have been semi finalists in the European Cup/Champions League.

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Chrisowc

Quote from: AFS on May 09, 2008, 07:13:34 PM
5: Which is the only European city to have been represented by 3 clubs in the CL in one season?

Istanbul?
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Minus15

Quote from: AFS on May 09, 2008, 07:13:34 PM
Here's a few:

1: Which is the highest ranked league (by current UEFA coefficients) never to have produced:

a) A European Cup Winner?
b) Any European club competition (EC, Uefa Cup, Cup Winner's Cup) Winner?
c) A finalist in any European club competition?
d) A team that have reached the CL group stages?

NB. Intertoto cup does not count.

2: Name the 3 clubs that have won all three of the major European club competitions (EC, Uefa Cup, Cup Winner's Cup)?

3: Which team recorded the fewest victories on their way to winning the CL? (Surprising one)

4: Who were the first team to win the EC/CL despite not having won either their national league or the European Cup the previous season?

5: Which is the only European city to have been represented by 3 clubs in the CL in one season?

1a - Russia
3 Real Madrid via away goals victories perhaps?
4 Manchester United in 1999
5 Athens??

Rossie11

Quote2: Name the 3 clubs that have won all three of the major European club competitions (EC, Uefa Cup, Cup Winner's Cup)?
Munich and Ajax are 2

ExiledGael

In the last five years the Premier League has seen an established top four (barring the Toffees fluking in once). In the Premier League's first five years eight clubs finished in the top four. Name them.

Minus15

if its semi finalists then I think I know them now. i was asked this before so wont spoil it but theres one which you might get if you have a guess or if you're given a clue but you won't even believe its right. Thats how i got it anyway. ok the four of Madrid, London, belgrade and Milan have been said so here's some clues.
One in Western Europe, one from eastern europe and then two a bit closer to home. Just take some guesses