soccer quiz questions

Started by Minus15, May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevo-08

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on May 07, 2008, 10:50:05 AM
Quote from: Maroon Heaven on May 07, 2008, 07:51:12 AM
Was asked this in a Table Quiz recently - Tough Question and answer is unbelievable.

What have England never done in the final stages of the World Cup and European championships since they played Hungary in 1962??

They have never went in at Half time Losing

Eh? What about the famous one in Euro 88 when houghton scored after about 10mins? Or am I missing something?

brokencrossbar1

Good shout stevo, Ray Houghton 6 minutes!  Get in there!

AZOffaly

Jaysus. I forgot about wee Ray. :) Actually in 1988, England trailed against Holland (van Basten 44) and Russia as well (Adams 16, Alienikov 3, Mikhailachenko 28)

AZOffaly

Maybe it's that they have never won a game while trailing at half time since then?

ONeill

Quote from: Mickey Linden on May 07, 2008, 09:23:37 AM
Quote from: Minus15 on May 06, 2008, 09:39:03 PM

And also which is the only city in Europe to have three stadiums with over 50,000 capacity?

London has 3 stadiums too. Twickenham, wembley, Emirates

I suppose for soccer home-stadiums  (or where soccer is played regularly), it's just Glasgow.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stevo-08

2 more questions:
1. Jurgen Sparwasser was the first to do it. It has never been done since and will never be done again! What did he do?

2. Which player has played in the following derby matches? North London (Spurs v Arsenal), Tyne & Wear (Newcastle v sunderland), Merseyside (Liverpool v Everton), Manchester (United v City)

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: stevo-08 on May 07, 2008, 12:11:37 PM
2 more questions:
1. Jurgen Sparwasser was the first to do it. It has never been done since and will never be done again! What did he do?

2. Which player has played in the following derby matches? North London (Spurs v Arsenal), Tyne & Wear (Newcastle v sunderland), Merseyside (Liverpool v Everton), Manchester (United v City)

Sparwasser, isn't he the only East German player to score against West Germany?

stevo-08

Thats close enough brokencrossbar. Not sure if he was the only East German player ever to score against them. But in 1974 he became the only player to score the winning goal for East Germany against West Germany.

tyrone86

Paul Stewart?

stevo-08

Quote from: tyrone86 on May 07, 2008, 12:29:23 PM

Paul Stewart?

correct.

screenexile

I dunno this might be an easy one but which player playing at the minute has played at every level of English League Football (All four divisions)?

Also here's a fairly easy one, which player has played in the 3 main British Derby matches (Glasgow, Manchester, Merseyside)?

tyrone86

Quote from: screenexile on May 07, 2008, 12:59:55 PM
I dunno this might be an easy one but which player playing at the minute has played at every level of English League Football (All four divisions)?

Also here's a fairly easy one, which player has played in the 3 main British Derby matches (Glasgow, Manchester, Merseyside)?

The second one is Kanchelkus, and he's the only man to score in all three

Aaron Boone

Steve Davis (Fulham) for the 4 divisions.

Which Premiership club now has the longest-running sponsorship deal?

The first British team to play in a European club competition was?

full back

Quote from: Aaron Boone on May 07, 2008, 01:11:16 PM

Steve Davis (Fulham) for the 4 divisions.

Which Premiership club now has the longest-running sponsorship deal?

The first British team to play in a European club competition was?

Hibs to the second one - mid fifties I think

Aaron Boone

Yes Liverpool with Carlsberg since 1992.
Hibs 1955.