Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

some chat expected 2morro then...

harps2002champs

no doubt! any guesses on the draw. Harps v Ogs  ::)

bennydorano

I think the draw is being made next wednesday, 7th February.

holylandsniper

not to be biased towards uni players
St Marys - Lavery possible future player, they reckon he played few decent games in McKenna Cup tho was impressed with big toner
QUB - Vernon - Bit like lavery tho he'd superb game v Derry and prob on experience would get ahead of allot of younger players(i.e mc clelland toner etc)
M o Rourke - would be better than mc sherry, forker, k o Rourke, witout a doubt 2 killeavy fellas,
UUJ Dyas - prob bit young yet tho will happen

full back

So when are the Draws then.
Tonight or next week?

laughinpaddy

feb 7th for C'ship draws and league fixtures
I ain't gettin on no plane!

Dell Boy

full back

League & Championship draws next Wednesday

tackle

Team for Sunday
Mc Kinney
mallon
toner
Mc Nulty
P Mc Creesh
Mc Keever
Mc Clelland
Vernon
Swift
Toal
Lavery
Martin OR
Mc Donnell
Mackin
Dyas

full back

Is this THE starting team or your starting team?

Aghdavoyle

Interesting team. Good to see toner get a start at full back as it's a problem position and he has shown a lot of potential in the mckenna cup. I don't like the look of the half back line, especially against a hard running kildare team but i suppose these lads have to be thrown in at some time. swift and vernon is a mobile midfield pairing so long as they win enough ball... i'm not really sure who will compete with earley here though. from a dromintee point of view it's great to see young Dyas playing but i've never ever heard of him playing corner forward. even the times he lines out for the club in the half forward line, he rarely plays there.

Goats Do Shave

Dermot Earley lorded midfield last year I thought.

Toner has been more impressive than Nippy in the fielding stakes thus far...but at least the personel is there to change it about! (Lavery Mackin & Toner all have played midfield)

I presume Lavery will be the 3rd midfielder & Dyas will come out leaving 2 man full forward line? I like big Mal, but his best work is done around midfield!

McCreesh or McClelland will have a good test against Doyle...the star player in Cross last year!

BenDover

Was JP dropped or is he injured?

Looks like Joe is using Mackin to be the new target man in Clarke's absence, and if that doesn't work expect to see Nippy moved into FF and Mackin moved outt he field.

Spiritof98

Heard nothing about JP, but he did come off against Donegal on Sunday.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

laughinpaddy

I believe he sufferred a dead leg that hasn't healed properly, also think that he will be used at some stage.
Joe maybe teaching him a lesson for the kick last sunday!
I ain't gettin on no plane!