Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dontcare

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 13, 2007, 11:03:13 PM
smuggler is it true yer man that hit our stephen murphy was up in court a while back for doing the same thing to another player?
i hear our player has been reported for 'assault' on the ref. which obviously has to be some sort of a joke. 

Assault, whats the story there?? what happened pog. i douth assault

pintsofguinness

just wat smuggler said he verbally threatened the ref but i hear, i don't know if it's true, that the ref is insisting he was going to hit him and has said he's reporting him for assault.   we'll see what happens.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

pints i was standing outside the changing rooms and i heard the ref saying to two of the bridge selectors that he was man-handled by a certain player who told him he would smash his f**kin face in! the ref then said ' im going to report him to the county board im not here to be threatened ' .

pintsofguinness

well i hear from those who seen it that he didn't touch the ref. you never answered me btw.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

diesel-smuggler

re conlon the reason i said it must have been something bad was because there is little rows or disagreements in every club and they normally blow over after a week or two

but after 5 weeks if he is still away then thats why i said it must have been bad

is he looking a transfer?

twotwocharlie

smuggler it shouldn't matter how good or bad a player is ,everyone should be kept on board.

diesel-smuggler

twotwocharlie im in full agreement with you! it is impossible for a club to keep every player happy and there is the occasional fall-out! if they are genuine club people then it will blow over there head but if they are in it for themselves then stubborness may keep them away for ever!

if conlon was there last night i dont think we would have been able to cope with him and eugene byrne so purely from a cruppen point of view i was happy he wasnt there!

winsamsoon

All players on a team must respect decisions of the management, I have not a clue what went on with conlon and the bridge but i don't care what sort of a player he is. No player is bigger than the club. Now we have all been involved in panels when decisions to train at certain time or weekends away didn't suit us but we just had to accept it and get on with it. Some managers can be complete dictators but when the panel of players accept this and make a commitment to the team at the start of the year, if they were anything like clubmen they would see out the season. I have seen players like conlon at my own club who have been tremendous minors, but when they grew up fame went to their heads and they eventually blew up when they couldn't break through onto the senior team. Guys like this are no good for any club, they are selfish and distracting towards the goals of the season. You know the kind of guy who doesn't care if the team loses as long as he gets a goal and 2 points. They should be left to the side so as the rest of the team players can get on with the real business on the field.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Spiritof98

22CHARLIE AND DIESEL SMUGGY - Any chance you could stop talking to yourself. 3 pages on another clubs non playing member, POG has explained his view now move on lads.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

illdecide

Thats it in a nut shell WSS. Every club has them, some more than others. These so called club players actually belive they are better than they really are and cannot understand why they are not in the senior team (or why big Joe has not phoned them :D).

I know what it's like, i run a team and have seen this many times. These guys are as much use to your club as tits on a Boar.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

twotwocharlie

spirit whilst your opinion may be very valuable in some circles i doubt if you know much if anything about the issue , soi f the posts annoy you just skip them .

Candyman

Charlie I think the point Spirit is trying to make is that it has taken 3 pages of your private chat and you still haven't got anywhere with it!! its going the same way as the whole JP Donnelly scenario.... a waste of typing on this thread!!! :-\

twotwocharlie

jesus you're probably right candyman.

punjana

tir na nog, who ever you are, quit talking shite about our team, i play for the senior team and your doing my head in a all the rest of the lads heads in.

STOP TALKING BOUT THE TEAM