Tyrone v Down Ulster Championship First Round 8th June 2008

Started by To whom it may concern, April 14, 2008, 12:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Usually I'm an optimistic sort of a chap and from what I heard last week I DO believe Mickey knows what he's at and he was happy to just come thru the league testing a few players and not pushing them too hard.

Trying to get people back from injury has obviously been the main focus for the summer as many think this could be Mikcey's last year.

However, there is no getting away from the fact that whatever we're doing different in Tyrone, it just can't be coincidence that so many of the squad get injured every year now.

I'm hopeful though with the return of BOTH McMahons, Dooher, 2 fit McGuigans and a lean fit Mugsy we can be a force again. At least to get to the top 3/4 level at least.

Full back in more of an issue that MF & forwards I think but then again maybe Justy or Joey can play well there. Joey did great there in 2005 if I recall correctly.

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 16, 2008, 08:26:02 AM
Usually I'm an optimistic sort of a chap and from what I heard last week I DO believe Mickey knows what he's at and he was happy to just come thru the league testing a few players and not pushing them too hard.

Trying to get people back from injury has obviously been the main focus for the summer as many think this could be Mikcey's last year.

However, there is no getting away from the fact that whatever we're doing different in Tyrone, it just can't be coincidence that so many of the squad get injured every year now.

I'm hopeful though with the return of BOTH McMahons, Dooher, 2 fit McGuigans and a lean fit Mugsy we can be a force again. At least to get to the top 3/4 level at least.

Full back in more of an issue that MF & forwards I think but then again maybe Justy or Joey can play well there. Joey did great there in 2005 if I recall correctly.

Hub played well in the 2003 final if my memory serves me well !  ;)

Zapatista

McCarron dd all right at full back earlier in the year. Has he been ruled out at this stage?

orangeman

Quote from: Zapatista on April 16, 2008, 08:33:01 AM
McCarron dd all right at full back earlier in the year. Has he been ruled out at this stage?

Is he still on the panel even ?

ONeill

Boys, I have a spy in the Down camp. Check here for regular updates. All I can say at the minute is that Coulter is eating wild deer fillet sandwiches twice a day. McComiskey is taking horse tablets. More later.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

Theres talk if Down get to the All Ireland final that Marty Clarke will be coming back.

lfdown2

Quote from: rrhf on April 16, 2008, 10:22:31 AM
Theres talk if Down get to the All Ireland final that Marty Clarke will be coming back.

i cant see collingwood letting him away, though kildare will be tough to get by so we wont count our chickens! ;D

red hander

Quote from: rrhf on April 16, 2008, 10:22:31 AM

There's more chance of Arthur C Clarke coming back than Down getting to an All Ireland final

Jinxy

Hey Tyrone folk, I see Meath and your lads are playing the Ulster Minor League final on Thursday evening in Cavan. How are they looking this year?

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tyrone Dreamer

The talk is its a great Tyrone minor team this year, though I've heard this talk before in recent years and we didnt get close to winning an All Ireland. However, based on the hammerings they have given out in the ulster league and the fact that Dungannon won the Hogan Cup I think that the talk could be true. Also there's a couple of great players from last year including Kyle Coney who has been linked to the Aussie Rules.  Are Meath any good?

tyrone86

Quote from: Jinxy on April 21, 2008, 08:06:40 PM
Hey Tyrone folk, I see Meath and your lads are playing the Ulster Minor League final on Thursday evening in Cavan. How are they looking this year?

It's the best Tyrone Minor side since 1998.

Jinxy

Hard to say. Next years team is supposed to be savage going by u-14 and Gerry Reilly results. Don't know a whole lot about this years vintage.

Jinxy

Anyone know how the game went in Cavan this evening?

Tyrone Dreamer

It says on the county bit of tyronegaa.ie that Tyrone were held to a draw - when you opne the story its blank. Presume it must have been a draw.