Christy Cooney

Started by HowdyDoody, April 12, 2008, 10:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HowdyDoody

The final act of the 2008 GAA Congress in Sligo saw Corkman Christy Cooney win the race to succeed Nickey Brennan as President of the Association.

orangeman

Quote from: HowdyDoody on April 12, 2008, 10:03:22 PM
The final act of the 2008 GAA Congress in Sligo saw Corkman Christy Cooney win the race to succeed Nickey Brennan as President of the Association.

Who refused point blank to discuss anything to do with GAA policy ! Which I found a wee bit strange. Another yes man to Dessie and Co. ?? I hope not - he has to be given his chance.

Zulu

I think he is anti grant and his support base was Ulster so I'd say he wouldn't be a natural ally of the GPA but he didn't get this far in the GAA without being a realist.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on April 12, 2008, 11:53:01 PM
I think he is anti grant and his support base was Ulster so I'd say he wouldn't be a natural ally of the GPA but he didn't get this far in the GAA without being a realist.

Does that mean he just goes with the flow ?? A seagull following the trawler as someone put it earlier ?? :D

pintsofguinness

Who gives a f**k anymore, he can't be any worse than the last two.  He'll probably want to abolish handling the ball or something. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 13, 2008, 12:05:51 AM
If gives a f**k anymore, he can't be any worse than the last two.  He'll probably want to abolish handling the ball or something

What ball ?? Did you not hear that the GAA hierarchy are now made up of realists !!!!!!!  ;D ;D They've realised that they can get more money putting on a few concerts than staging that old competition they used to call the championship !!  :D :D

This season, being realists, they have realised that the NFL finals can't be held in Croke Park cos there's a big concert coming up !!!

That's what you call a realist !!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Uladh

Change the record orangeman ffs

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on April 13, 2008, 12:10:21 AM
This season, being realists, they have realised that the NFL finals can't be held in Croke Park cos there's a big concert coming up !!!

Maybe, but i wouldn't put too much money on that.

cornafean

Christy Cooney deserves a chance. Good luck to him. He will need it.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.