government grants to GAA players -- not getting into prefessionalism etc

Started by squareballz, March 18, 2008, 02:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Okay. But if he doesn't answer, why badger him? Just give him the pat on the back. :D

orangeman

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 17, 2008, 10:31:57 AM
Okay. But if he doesn't answer, why badger him? Just give him the pat on the back. :D

I'll second that !  :D :D

Rossfan

Quote from: quidnunc on April 15, 2008, 10:55:02 PM
Some papers said the vote against the grants was as much as 1/3 or 40%.

;D ;D ;D

I just saw a pig flying past the window. :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Quote from: Rossfan on April 17, 2008, 07:27:29 PM

;D ;D ;D

Everyone voted in favour of pay for play, including Michael Greenan !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rossfan

orangeman

Quote from: orangeman on April 17, 2008, 11:14:36 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on April 17, 2008, 07:27:29 PM

;D ;D ;D

Everyone voted in favour of pay for play, including Michael Greenan !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Pay for play/ expenses = Sinn Fein / IRA - BOTH are inextricably linked.

Rossfan

Quote from: orangeman on April 18, 2008, 11:39:13 AM

Only if you're a GAA Manager ;)

orangeman

Quote from: Rossfan on April 18, 2008, 12:19:38 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 18, 2008, 11:39:13 AM

Only if you're a GAA Manager ;)

Congress only approved pay for players, not managers !  ;)

feetofflames

Well said.  The manager thing really needs to be dealt with, OK a lot has gone wrong but a line needs to be drawn in the sand. Anyybody who trangresses after that should be investiagted by a GAA tribunal.
Chief Wiggum

Rossfan

Quote from: feetofflames on April 18, 2008, 01:16:58 PM
Well said.  The manager thing really needs to be dealt with, .... that should be investiagted by a GAA tribunal.
Only problem is the members of the Tribunal would be drawn from the ranks of GAA officials who are actually paying the Managers in the first place.
Can you imagine the Mayo Chairman or Secretary being on a Tribunal investigating whether there were illegal payments made to ..( insert name of prominent Mayo man of your choice.... ;))

orangeman

Quote from: Rossfan on April 18, 2008, 02:36:20 PM
Quote from: feetofflames on April 18, 2008, 01:16:58 PM
Well said.  The manager thing really needs to be dealt with, .... that should be investiagted by a GAA tribunal.
Only problem is the members of the Tribunal would be drawn from the ranks of GAA officials who are actually paying the Managers in the first place.
Can you imagine the Mayo Chairman or Secretary being on a Tribunal investigating whether there were illegal payments made to ..( insert name of prominent Mayo man of your choice.... ;))

I thought you were a Muaghan fan ?  ;) :D ;D ;D

Rossfan

Quote from: orangeman on April 18, 2008, 02:41:53 PM

I am now that he's gone  from our fair County.  8) 8) :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO !

orangeman

Quote from: Rossfan on April 18, 2008, 02:44:23 PM
Quote from: orangeman on April 18, 2008, 02:41:53 PM

I am now that he's gone  from our fair County.  8) 8) :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

YAHOOOOOOOOOOO !

I hope you weren't one of the boys who asked the Garda which dugout Roscommon would be using at the last match that Maughan was in charge of !  ;) ;) :D ;D ;D

Rossfan

Them boys are like the tooth fairy. ;)
Anyway as a regular attender to Kiltoom I knew which dugout he'd be immobile in.

Zulu

QuoteZulu...fair play to you giving that much time to your club....a massive contribution by any standards...repsect. A few questions for you......does no one else in your club want to take any of the teams, I am trying to understand why you are involved with so many teams within one club....do you actually do the coaching for all of these teams or are you the dreaded water man.....or are you the chairman (or chairmans son) who feels they can trust no one else to do the job. Loook forward to understanding why you have so much on your plate...amybe everybody in your club are lazy hounds and don't want to put the work in to see the club improving

Sorry MM for not replying to your post as I haven't checked in on this topic since posting that. To answer your questions, I coach all those teams largely because no-one else will do it, we are a dual club and the hurling side of things is in the acendency so most 'club men' are only willing to get involved in the hurling. I also love coaching teams so if I could I'd do it I'd do it 8 nights a week, however I'd like to see others take some of the teams as it is never good for one person (or a small group of people) to have too much say, for many reasons.
                           As for your posts OM, I wasn't boasting, in fact I feel it is the least I could do, but as usual you can 'read' between the lines of someones opinion/post and unveil the real meaning of their statements. Myself and Dessie will never be able to pull the wool over your eyes, so GAA men everywhere can rest easy that 'our' dastardly plans to destroy the GAA will never come to pass.