NFL Div 3 Permutations

Started by amallon, March 18, 2008, 09:29:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aristotle Flynn

I can see Down beating Fermanagh by a big score because they have nothing to play for. I can't see Louth beating Wexford in the sunny south east. How many points difference do Down need to over come?
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

SLIGONIAN

There will be no conspiary theories, Limerick have to go out to win because draw may not be enough. A draw is enough for leitirm. But if longford do beat us limerick go down if they draw or lose. With limerick needing to win to ensure survival they cant afford play for a draw. It will be nerve jangling weekend for all sets of supporters and players but exciting at the same time.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

SLIGONIAN

Lets say we beat longford by 8pts and limerick leitrim draw.

Then we finish with same points diff as limerick at -9 each and same points 4. What happens next is it scores for or record against each other???????????????
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Model Hammer

Quote from: Aristotle Flynn on April 18, 2008, 01:50:45 PM
I can see Down beating Fermanagh by a big score because they have nothing to play for. I can't see Louth beating Wexford in the sunny south east. How many points difference do Down need to over come?
If Down beat Fermanagh by at least 7 points, then they've done all they need to do, and a Louth victory would send Down up.
A victory for Down of less than 7, and they need Louth to win by the difference from 8, if you get me. It's bizarre the parallels with last year, where we had to beat Meath by 8 to avoid ending up in this Godforsaken Division, and we beat them by 7 ...........

Louth Exile

Quote from: Model Hammer on April 18, 2008, 02:18:23 PM
Quote from: Aristotle Flynn on April 18, 2008, 01:50:45 PM
If Down beat Fermanagh by at least 7 points, then they've done all they need to do, and a Louth victory would send Down up.
A victory for Down of less than 7, and they need Louth to win by the difference from 8, if you get me. It's bizarre the parallels with last year, where we had to beat Meath by 8 to avoid ending up in this Godforsaken Division, and we beat them by 7 ...........

I have never backed against my own team in anything, but 1/2 about Wexford is a great price IMO. Wexford have it in their own hands and in this particular game, at home, should be able to get the win!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pedro

I would definitely back Wexford to go up. We've nothing to play for and Eamonn has selected a second string team so this shuldn't be any bother for Wexford.
St. Patricks GFC - Louth SFC Champions 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2015

magpie seanie

QuoteSeanie - conspiracy theories allowed again!!

The best way for us to do it is rattle in a couple of late goals!

bridgegael

lads would it possible to get a louth radio station in newry that would have updates or commentary for the wexford-louth match?? cheers
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Down Gael

LMFM 95.8 and 96.5

Louth are fielding a very weakened side and will be no threat to Wexford today.

Any news on the Down team before I head to the Marshes?

bridgegael

i think murtagh is back fit and murphy should get a run out to, think the u21s aren't stripping out.  other than that i think its the same as last week.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Down Gael

Surely Jackie will be starting in midfield?

burgh

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 19, 2008, 09:16:04 PM
QuoteSeanie - conspiracy theories allowed again!!

The best way for us to do it is rattle in a couple of late goals!

dont suppose u listening to game on radio and want to fill me in? cant get it over internet, going mad.

Rudi

Bad luck on Leitrim today, pity to see such a committed side with a lack of resources going down to Div 4.

AhFeckRef

QuoteBad luck on Leitrim today

Disaster... I'm gutted... Another one pointer...

Shamrock Shore

Sympathies AFR. It was dog-eat-dog at the end.

At least us Shitesider listeners had a day off from Willie Hegarty!