Galway verses Derry

Started by Oakleafer1993, March 18, 2008, 09:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oakleafer1993

well thought i would start the ball rolling on this one -- whats the predictions on this one?

I think Tommy Lyons is full of shit - Derry have a good record in salthill -- did we not won last year ???

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on March 18, 2008, 09:17:45 AM
well thought i would start the ball rolling on this one -- whats the predictions on this one?

I think Tommy Lyons is full of shit - Derry have a good record in salthill -- did we not won last year ???
was delighted to hear lyons heavily predict Galway !
;)

MaroonAndWhite

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on March 18, 2008, 09:17:45 AM

Good job the game is fixed for Ballinasloe then  ;) :D

Oakleafer1993

Ballinasloe? -- are you serious -- doubt that ???

should have started the thread on Lyon's -- he is one arsehole - 2 weeks ago Derry against Kerry was a one pony team - this time - good win for Derry against Kildare - now Galway is a bridge too far again for Derry?

Keep on talking you free stater bastard

optimus euhregab

i remember a time there when i was out on th lash with a couple firends, n tommy lyons was out.
Jasus i jus went over n give him th whilist of beytins with the attitude adjuster

he wasnt so cherpy after that

MaroonAndWhite

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on March 18, 2008, 09:58:05 AM
Ballinasloe? -- are you serious -- doubt that ???

should have started the thread on Lyon's -- he is one arsehole - 2 weeks ago Derry against Kerry was a one pony team - this time - good win for Derry against Kildare - now Galway is a bridge too far again for Derry?

Keep on talking you free stater bastard

Yeah, its fixed for Ballinasloe. Was on local radio this morning. Odd move by the County Board.....pitch in Ballinasloe is a shit hole. Was in its prime back in the 70's Id say!

Duine Eile

I've heard the game is in Ballinasloe too. Pure kip of a place, it's in a worse state than Tuam. Speaking of which, it doesn't look likely that Tuam is going to get any NFL game at all this year unless they fix the Kerry game for there which is doubtful enough really.

jodyb

Ballinasloe? Well f#ck that! I was planning a bit of a session in Galway, might have to have a rethink. In all fairness Oakleafer, we beat a much weakened Galway team in Salthill last year. I was told on the day that someone close to the Meehan lads had passed away and hence neither they or Padraic Joyce played. I was a bit surprised the game was played at all, to be honest.

The last couple of years, we've always got Galway early and they've been fairly rusty; ref. cetic park in 2006. I think they are a very different proposition as the league progresses and I think we'll get it very tough.

I'm hoping for another prophetic 13 points prediction from lynchboy, but I jus dont see it coming ::)

Duine Eile

Heard on radio a while ago the game is moved to Pearse Stadium. Anyone know where the Kerry game is fixed for yet? Salthill aswell probably, Tuam isn't going to get a game at all I'd say.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: Duine Eile on March 24, 2008, 02:36:04 PM
Heard on radio a while ago the game is moved to Pearse Stadium. Anyone know where the Kerry game is fixed for yet? Salthill aswell probably, Tuam isn't going to get a game at all I'd say.
I am nearly sure DE that the Laois game was originally fixed for Tuam but changed to Salthill because the pitch was deemed unplayable that particular weekend.  Kerry game is in Salthill as far as I know.............................

Duine Eile

It was GI but I was under the impression that one of the other league games would be brought to Tuam instead.No idea where I heard that now though, it was a long time ago. Regarding the game itself, it'll be tight i'd say. Galway are going great guns so far and were unlucky to come out of Ballybofey without a point.PJ and Mike Meehan seem to be clicking at long last. Mid field still causing problems though, Geraghty has to go, I'n no great fan of Barry Cullinane but he did well in the few games he came on as a sub and deserves a place before Geraghty though Mark Lydon is in with a good chance of making that spot his own for the summer, he did well in the few games he played before the AI final. The backs need to tighten up a bit, the scores total against us a bit worrying. I'd like to see Paul Dots given another chance in goal, Fahertys kick outs are a bit suspect and it wouldn't be any harm to give Doherty another go. All in all, we're in a fairly good position so far but a win against Derry would set things up nicely for the final stages of the league.

Oh on a totally unrelated topic, great win for our lads over Salthill today in the u-21 final. First u-21 A title for us. Shane Hughes the main man up front again with Ian Reddington getting the winning point with the last kick of the game.

Paddy1804

Think Derry have a good chance this weekend regardless of where it is played - Niall McCusker and Kevin McCloy looked immense against Kildare and a great partnership in the making.  Anyone any ideas when Michael McGoldrick and Sean Marty are due back??

If we do win, or at least draw, it will set things up very nicely for the two derby's against Tyrone and Donegal... 

Crozier should give Sean Leo McGoldrick a good run out...  He was great for us in the McKenna and has been playing great for the U21's as well scoring three from play against Fermanagh at the weekend and laying on another few as well.  Rumour has it there were scouts from Aussie rules outfit Adelaide snooping about him the other week at the Laois game as well... 

On another note well done Monaghan against Dublin - good attitude forcing a good result.  Awful, but dare I say typical, behaviour from the Dublin fans after the game...  I hear that Tommy Freeman was headbutted by fans and the Monaghan team wasn't even able to warm down.  And they wonder why nobody likes them...

Rav67

Heading down with a few boys on the Saturday for this, we're staying in Galway where's a good spot for heading out that night?

MaroonAndWhite

The majority of the better pubs in the city are on Shop St/Quay St or in that general area....all within 5 mins walk of each other.
All the boozers in this area are fairly lively

Club wise, depends what your lookin for  ;) Halo probably the best club but if your after starved young wans, CP's is yer only man!

Rav67

Quote from: MaroonAndWhite on March 25, 2008, 12:03:06 PM
The majority of the better pubs in the city are on Shop St/Quay St or in that general area....all within 5 mins walk of each other.
All the boozers in this area are fairly lively

Club wise, depends what your lookin for  ;) Halo probably the best club but if your after starved young wans, CP's is yer only man!

Thanks, looking forward to it as always hear good reports about Galway.  CP's it is then  :D