Kerry Vs Derry

Started by jodyb, February 28, 2008, 07:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paddy1804

The ref's a joke...  Surely more than Francis McEldowney deserved to be red carded?

billy the kid

Exile - howd screen do against Maghery today
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Zulu

QuoteWatch out for Micheal O'Shea ( St Vincents) - the new Dara O'Se!

I don't think he is, Micheal is 27ish at this stage. I knew him when he was in UCC and he was always a brilliant fielder. He actually played against Crossmaglen in the club AI semi-final in 1999 for UCC (with Paul Galvin at wing back) and I thought he'd go on to be a Kerry senior but it hasn't happened for him and I'd doubt it will at this stage. He is probably too nice for senior IC otherwise he would have made it by now. I hope Vincents win the AI as Micheal is one of the most decent men you could hope to meet.

screenexile

I've just seen a textbook tackle get blown up for a free and then get moved forward! The ref is a joke!!

Lads are battling their hearts out and regardless of the outcome they have given everything!! McCloy has been great since moving to CHB, Deighan hasn't put a foot wrong and McCusker is getting the better of Donaghy this second half anyway.

unforgiven

Unfortunate sending off.

Not as cyncical as the foul by exile in his intercounty debut.

Sparked a mass brawl if I remember correctly

Zulu

Derry missing a few chances now, Kerry normally make you pay for that. And now they've won an easy free.......10-9 Kerry.

screenexile

Good performance from the lads but we didn't go down for that. Michael Collins should retire from inter county refereeing... absolute shite!

gaagaa

Quote from: hardstation on March 02, 2008, 04:07:01 PM
Jaysus, Donaghy is an awful whinging hoor.

how did he stay on the field for the full game?
collins has lost the plot - great tackle from mcguckian blown for foul.
strange how he only picked a derry man out for the red card - a few kerrymen lucky not to get the road

and how the hell did gilligan manage to stay on the field for 60 minutes - it was embarrasing to watch

anyway hard luck derry - that match will be a ;lesson in cynicism - some of the tips picked up today will be useful later in the year ;D

SuperHans

Jesus Collins was awful, Michael McBride took a blow to his head when he went to pick up the ball, next thing hop ball and i think kerry got a score from it.
McGuikins dispossession was first class on scanlon i think
He shudnt have let that ruck develop in the box either, no.13 for kerry was kickin out at sum1 lyin down too.

Derry played well, it was always an uphill struggle against the wind with a man down hopefully we can take the positives from it

magickingdom

Quote from: gaagaa on March 02, 2008, 04:18:19 PM
Quote from: hardstation on March 02, 2008, 04:07:01 PM
Jaysus, Donaghy is an awful whinging hoor.

how did he stay on the field for the full game?
collins has lost the plot - great tackle from mcguckian blown for foul.
strange how he only picked a derry man out for the red card - a few kerrymen lucky not to get the road

and how the hell did gilligan manage to stay on the field for 60 minutes - it was embarrasing to watch

anyway hard luck derry - that match will be a ;lesson in cynicism - some of the tips picked up today will be useful later in the year ;D

just in from the game and i'm to cold to type but thats a laugh!

orangeman

Michael Collins should retire from inter county refereeing... absolute shite!

Agreed 100 % - why did they bring him back anyway after the deacle with Tyrone and Armagh ???? The GAA reward bad referees just because someboy on the refs board thinks they deserve a big game. Wise up !

clarshack

words just cannot describe collins. what did ollie murphy once say to him?

lynchbhoy

collins is a bad ref, we all know that.
(whas that phrase ' we shot the wrong collins' !)

he was bad to Kerry as well !

its just he was worse towards Derry!

You learn that you cant say a thing to the ref, you cant hit - or if you do and are seen , you see the red card.
Senior Players shoul dknow this, and have known these things from u16 onwards.
Derry made silly mistakes and you cant do that against bad teams, let alone the good teams like Kerry.

Lessons learned. Derry players will be better for it. However, I dont think that will register with some - where it counts.

rrhf

I watched this game.  I wondered how long Aidan O Mahony was going to spend getting treatment in the first half 4 different times - including a wroist or finger injury when he should have been told to get ofta flute. .  Was the wind a factor methinks and kerry guilt of disgraceful timewasting, remember Pat Spillane might lie but the camera dosent.  On that performance yesterday I believe Kerry are the most cynical team in Ireland in 2008.   

lynchbhoy

Quote from: rrhf on March 03, 2008, 10:36:51 AM
I watched this game.  I wondered how long Aidan O Mahony was going to spend getting treatment in the first half 4 different times - including a wroist or finger injury when he should have been told to get ofta flute. .  Was the wind a factor methinks and kerry guilt of disgraceful timewasting, remember Pat Spillane might lie but the camera dosent.  On that performance yesterday I believe Kerry are the most cynical team in Ireland in 2008.   

Jack O'Connor re-invented Kerry and gave them a whole new idea of cynacism when they were licking their wounds after Tyrone tanked them in 2005. Its a whole new Kerry approach these days. They are better for it. Cant complain really, if they are allowed do it and get away with it...Derry could have done likewise but didnt. Thets their own fault.