Post something controversial you believe in

Started by pintsofguinness, February 07, 2008, 09:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sorry Gnevin, forgot you were the fount of all sense. Damned stupid science anyway.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Orior

I too believe that there is other life out there in the universe. Indeed, they're much more intelligent than us - thats why they've never contacted us. They're comfortable with just observing, and in particular the bizarre beings, like Ziggyego, Hardy, ONeill, HardStation, Square Ball, Gnevin and the Real LaoisLad.

I also believe that Muslim women who are covered from head to toe, are wearing push-up bras, stockings, suspenders and skimpy g-stings.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stephenite

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Orior on February 07, 2008, 11:40:35 PM
I also believe that Muslim women who are covered from head to toe, are wearing push-up bras, stockings, suspenders and skimpy g-stings.

So the science suggests anyway  ;)

Gnevin

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 07, 2008, 11:38:59 PM
Sorry Gnevin, forgot you were the fount of all sense. Damned stupid science anyway.
It's mainly the conspiracy theories  wouldn't it just of been easier to go the the moon?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on February 07, 2008, 11:56:48 PM
It's mainly the conspiracy theories  wouldn't it just of been easier to go the the moon?

Yes gnevin it would have been easier to go to the moon  :-\
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Yes, and the best of cheddar it is I believe.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

And that if you forget to tape a programme for the wife she'll make you pay for at least 8 days.

Gnevin

Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 07, 2008, 11:58:41 PM

So it was easier to get 36,000 people to keep the secret or just how many people where in on it ?

What part don't you believe ? You can see the space station in the sky at night some times, the Russians and American have had them since the 70's
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ONeill

Moy Park Chickens is just a big building where they hold ancient ceiles and the bishop won't let you even look at a woman. Local hoodlums bring in wet clumps of sod and fire them indiscriminately at the ceile band.

ONeill

Joe Kernan ate Sean Kelly.
Mike Murphy had the spin the wheel fixed.
St Patrick supported the Dubs and was once barred from boules in Carrickcruppin for using his crook.
Phil Coulter wrote a song so romantic he knows he can ride any woman in Derry if he plays it.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Gnevin on February 08, 2008, 12:04:11 AM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on February 07, 2008, 11:58:41 PM

So it was easier to get 36,000 people to keep the secret or just how many people where in on it ?

What part don't you believe ? You can see the space station in the sky at night some times, the Russians and American have had them since the 70's

I'm not saying they haven't gone to space etc, I'm saying the moon landing of 1969 was faked in order to save face. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gnevin

J70

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 07, 2008, 11:10:45 PM

Maybe, so name me one other known planet (of which there are thousands, if not millions known to humans), where life exists? There are a good few in our immediate solar vicinity where life is not supported, and... I was referring to those (specific circumstances) that supported life on Earth only.

"Pretty well existed...", sorry, scientifically proven fact is all I'm interested in, not consensus, and the life you're referring to was unicellular if I'm not mistaken, as far as we know.  :P

I am far from an expert on astronomy, but given the sheer number of galaxies, stars and planets that exist, I think the chances of there not being life somewhere out there is quite small.

As to scientifically proven facts, there are no scientific proofs of anything, just theories which explain various facts. Now some theories are so well supported by experimentation and predictive power that they are virtually proven, but they could all still be found wanting in the face of new evidence and so must remain provisional, not proven.

What have you got against unicellular life? Does it not count? If it wasn't for them, you would not be here. :P