Nintendo DS

Started by southdown, December 30, 2007, 10:48:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceol agus peil

The R4 is a piece of hardware which requires very little knowledge on how to fit and use. You simply need to buy the r4 card and a micro SD card. If your computer does not support expandable memory slots you many need to buy an adapter but before doing so check if you could use your phone as an adapter using a micro SD slot and your phone's usb cable to drag and drop games onto it. You then remove the micro SD from you phone or adapter and place it into your r4 which is further place into your ds.
The R4 cards are available from:
www.dhgate.com
www.ishopvideogame.com
www.dealextreme.com

Micro SD Cards and adapters are readily available from most popular sites e.g play, amazon and ebay.

DSTT Cards are also available which are cheaper than the R4 and can be found by simply typing dstt into a google search.

Sent from my iphone

SidelineKick

Do they work on the DSi???

Where's the best place to download the games?
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

thebigfella

Quote from: SidelineKick on May 12, 2009, 06:01:58 PM

Not sure, one on the main drivers behind the DSi was to try and stop these cards from working. I suspect lots of the makers of these cards are already updating their cards/firmware to work.

Try the Cyclo DS evolution. They are usually quite good at updating their firmware

ceol agus peil

Quote from: thebigfella on May 12, 2009, 06:14:30 PM

Not sure, one on the main drivers behind the DSi was to try and stop these cards from working. I suspect lots of the makers of these cards are already updating their cards/firmware to work.

Try the Cyclo DS evolution. They are usually quite good at updating their firmware

If you go to dhgate you will find r4 cards compatible to work with the dsi. The best place to download games are from torrent sites and also megaupload and rapidshare.
Sent from my iphone

Larry Duff

HELP NEEDED

Just dropped my DS and cracked the bottom screen. >:(  The surface is fine there's just a large crack underneath. How difficult is it to fit a replacement screen?  Any recommendations for where I would get one?

gerry

Quote from: Larry Duff on July 10, 2009, 10:18:16 PM
HELP NEEDED

Just dropped my DS and cracked the bottom screen. >:(  The surface is fine there's just a large crack underneath. How difficult is it to fit a replacement screen?  Any recommendations for where I would get one?

here

i have bought other stuff from this site, takes about two weeks for it to arrive though
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Larry Duff

Cheers Gerry, checked out that site. Going to order one along with their dstt cards.  Any tips on fitting the screen. will I wreck the DS if I try to fit it myself?

Square Ball

I use http://www.romulation.net/ they have most games and they are usually downloaded within a minute.

only use the European ones
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Shortso79

Square Ball - what download software do you use ?

Square Ball

Quote from: Shortso79 on July 11, 2009, 01:09:38 PM
Square Ball - what download software do you use ?

none, its downloaded in winraw and unzip it into a folder, easy peasy.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Shortso79

Cheers - its a great job  :)

Archie Mitchell

I downloaded a few games, but when I try to load them up they won't load. Keep's trying to find the .sav file and then wont load the game. As the game hasn't been played yet, the DS doesnt get the chance to create the .sav file. Is there anywhere online to download the .sav file for that game so it can load up?

gerry

Quote from: Larry Duff on July 11, 2009, 11:03:27 AM
Cheers Gerry, checked out that site. Going to order one along with their dstt cards.  Any tips on fitting the screen. will I wreck the DS if I try to fit it myself?

this should help you
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

criostlinn

I still got a few dstt cards left which have 4gb micro sd and are loaded with about 80 games if anyone is interested. €30 + pp which is €5. Send me a pm if interested.

full back

Quote from: criostlinn on July 14, 2009, 11:08:46 AM
I still got a few dstt cards left which have 4gb micro sd and are loaded with about 80 games if anyone is interested. €30 + pp which is €5. Send me a pm if interested.

Oi Croistlinn ya fecker ye
I was robbed :'( ;)