Thomas Davis Lose

Started by dublinfella, December 14, 2007, 11:07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimitri

No i most certainly am not taking the piss kid...

snatter

Thomas Davis consider judgement appeal
by Brian Murphy, 14 December 2007

http://www.setantasports.com/en/Sport/News/Other-sports/2007/12/14/GAA-Thomas-Davis-consider-judgement-appeal/?facets/sport-space/great-britain-locale/

Thomas Davis consider judgement appeal

Thomas Davis GAA club confirmed on Friday night that they are considering an appeal after the High Court ruled against them in the Judicial Review of Tallaght Stadium.

The south Dublin-based club also expressed their disappointment with the ruling and voiced their concern that the judgement had not been made inside the time limits set out by the planning legislation.

The club released a press statement on Friday evening which was signed by John Costello and club chairman Christopher O'Donnell.

The statement read:  "Thomas Davis GAA Club and the Dublin County Committee of the GAA have noted the decision of Mr Justice Roderick Murphy in relation to SDCC's [South Dublin County Council] plan to develop a stadium in Tallaght. 

"We are clearly disappointed that Justice Murphy decided to uphold the SDCC's resolution of 13 February 2006 to develop the Stadium as a soccer only stadium, notwithstanding that this resolution was made outside the time limits prescribed by the relevant planning legislation. 

"We will be reviewing the detailed judgement in the case over the coming weeks in conjunction with our legal advisors before deciding whether to appeal the judgement. 

"Our intentions remain as they always have been, to ensure that this major infrastructural investment in Tallaght, which is to be funded almost exclusively from Government monies, is available for use by all sports codes."

Work on the stadium was halted two years ago and eircom League of Ireland side Shamrock Rovers have been waiting to make Tallaght their new home.

Thomas Davis reiterated their desire to see the stadium completed as soon as possible in order to allow Rovers avail of the facility, and indicated that their analysis of the judgement will take into account the needs of the eircom League club.

We are very conscious of Shamrock Rovers requirement that the Stadium be completed and available for their use as soon as possible.   Our analysis in the coming weeks will take account of how that requirement might be met, whilst respecting the GAA's objective of having shared use of the Stadium in the medium term.

"We point out that the Tallaght Stadium issue is one, which the GAA considers completely separate to its development plans for Rathcoole. 

"Recent developments in relation to the Rathcoole site are set to accelerate its development by the GAA as a Centre of Excellence for the development of underage and adult teams on the Southside.

"There have never been any plans to develop a stadium at  Rathcoole. Use of Tallaght Stadium, on the other hand, serves the GAA's ambition to have a suitable venue available to facilitate and promote inter-county games at all levels on the south side of Dublin."   

TORGAEL

Was just wondering if Dimitri could explain why he thinks that SR deserve a goverment funded stadium moreso than a GAA club or rugby club deserve a government funded stadium ?

neilthemac

QuoteLads, I'm a League Of Ireland fan, and in all fiernace, ye seem to me to be acting liek a right bunch of ignorant ******** like!!! "Oh i don't think Shamrock rovers deserve a new gound..." Why the bloody hell not? eh? They deserve way more than some ***** little GAA club out in the middle of nowhere... Come on, open your eyes, or are ye all still bigots towards the, er, "foreign game"?!

to put it simply. yes.

darbyo

QuoteNo i most certainly am not taking the piss kid...

Oh right, sorry I just thought you were doing an impression of what a GAA man might consider the typical LOI supporter to be. What with the poor spelling (fiernace) and the unnecessary abuse of some fictional rural GAA club (They deserve way more than some ***** little GAA club out in the middle of nowhere). But it seems you were serious, if you want to discuss the issues or find out why some GAA people object to this situation then you are more than welcome but it seems from your first post that you only posted to get a reaction.

INDIANA

just another ultras zealot- don't indulge him- braincells are an endangered species among that fraternity.

Dimitri

Quote from: TORGAEL on December 14, 2007, 10:34:31 PM
Was just wondering if Dimitri could explain why he thinks that SR deserve a goverment funded stadium moreso than a GAA club or rugby club deserve a government funded stadium ?
Well first off they are the most successful Football club in the whole of this island... They were unfairly thrown out of Milltown, the original home or shamrock rovers fc, while the government and F.A.I. stood back and watched it all happen... Least the gov can do now is this for them, but no, some small pety GAA club has to come in and object... Why like?! Are "thoams davis gaa club" All Ireland interprovencial section b title or something?1 :D haha I doubt it...

Dimitri

Quote from: neilthemac on December 14, 2007, 10:35:47 PM
QuoteLads, I'm a League Of Ireland fan, and in all fiernace, ye seem to me to be acting liek a right bunch of ignorant ******** like!!! "Oh i don't think Shamrock rovers deserve a new gound..." Why the bloody hell not? eh? They deserve way more than some ***** little GAA club out in the middle of nowhere... Come on, open your eyes, or are ye all still bigots towards the, er, "foreign game"?!

to put it simply. yes.

And why so because?

Dimitri

Quote from: INDIANA on December 14, 2007, 10:41:14 PM
just another ultras zealot- don't indulge him- braincells are an endangered species among that fraternity.
Aww hit a nerve or something did I? Just another "ultras zealot" eh? What do you men by that buddy??? Ya know, there is no need to be childish... :'(

TORGAEL

Just because they are a succesful club, & that they lost their ground under unfortunate circumstances, does not mean that the government should build them a stadium. If this was the criteria applied to any club, in any sport, the government would be obliged to build stadia all over the country. What you have said does not provide a valid reason as to why they should have a government funded stadium.

Dimitri

Quote from: TORGAEL on December 14, 2007, 10:47:24 PM
Just because they are a succesful club, & that they lost their ground under unfortunate circumstances, does not mean that the government should build them a stadium. If this was the criteria applied to any club, in any sport, the government would be obliged to build stadia all over the country. What you have said does not provide a valid reason as to why they should have a government funded stadium.
Unfair circumstances you mean???? Cos the government and courts stood back and let it ahppen, jeez, they even helped...

darbyo

QuoteWell first off they are the most successful Football club in the whole of this island

Well that is reason enough for the government to pay for the stadium. Well on that basis I presume many of the country's other successful sports teams can look forward to this government largesse in the not too distant future.

QuoteThey were unfairly thrown out of Milltown

I seem to remember the owners of Miltown bemoaning the fact that if all the people who protested about the sale of Miltown actually went to the ground for matches then they wouldn't have to sell it.

TORGAEL

I can see that im wasting my time here. All i want is you to present a valid reason as to why the government should fund this stadium, but you seem incapable of doing so. Because............................, is not a valid reason.

Dimitri

Quote from: darbyo on December 14, 2007, 10:51:51 PM
QuoteWell first off they are the most successful Football club in the whole of this island

Well that is reason enough for the government to pay for the stadium. Well on that basis I presume many of the country's other successful sports teams can look forward to this government largesse in the not too distant future.

QuoteThey were unfairly thrown out of Milltown

I seem to remember the owners of Miltown bemoaning the fact that if all the people who protested about the sale of Miltown actually went to the ground for matches then they wouldn't have to sell it.

Take what you like out of the whole post is it? Nice work my laddy!

"We are Rovers" go look it up and read it kid, then come back with your straight facts! ;)

Dimitri

Quote from: TORGAEL on December 14, 2007, 10:53:25 PM
I can see that im wasting my time here. All i want is you to present a valid reason as to why the government should fund this stadium, but you seem incapable of doing so. Because............................, is not a valid reason.
If you think your wasting your time, why don't you **** off and not bother replying do? As I already pointed out in a previous post, go have a read of the, "We are Rovers", book, the part about the sale of miltown lad, and come back and then you will see kiddo! ;) Cos tbh, I couldn't be bothered reciting the whole long facts for you bunch of bigots...