Conway quits Tyrone funding body

Started by ziggysego, December 10, 2007, 07:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Dmarsden, why do you keep ignoring the request to back up your allegation about people being offered money to turn down the grant publicly?

I can make stuff up too.

Last night I was coming home from the local and there was this dodgy fella in chinos with a Dublin accent down an alley. He had a list in his hand. He asked me if I was a GAA member and I said yes, he then asked me did I approve of the grant, yes or no. I said no, but he wrote yes on the list and ran away.
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

Thank you his holiness - we'll wait for D Marsdens answer again !  ;) :D

thejuice

I could be wrong on this one, so dont jump down my throat but what is if any, the difference between the money that Club Tyrone raised for the welfare of county players and the grants that the same Tyrone players will recieve from the Government??
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

altovito

this isnt the first time marsden has ignored a question if it doesnt suit his agenda.he also done this on the armagh thread a while back thats why he should be ignored.if you ignore questions because you are wrong it makes your futur arguments so so so weak

DMarsden

Holiness, i know this can't be your first dy on an internet forum as i've seen you post previously. Posting personal details without consent will leave the entire dicussion board open to prosecution. if i did post it, you'd say i was lying anyway, so what's the point!

More realistically orangeman, could you go back through and edit all the posts you've made stupid and irrelevent statements on?

DMarsden

Quote from: altovito on December 11, 2007, 04:42:37 PM
this isnt the first time marsden has ignored a question if it doesnt suit his agenda.he also done this on the armagh thread a while back thats why he should be ignored.if you ignore questions because you are wrong it makes your futur arguments so so so weak

what question?  do note that all 5 posters who are questioning me are confining themselves to just that and make no attempt to dispute or debate any posts i've made.

Rois

Club Tyrone itself doesn't decide where the money is spent - the county board does.  They even need approval from the county board for their own events.

This "pooling" of money with all other county board money may not be the case going forward. 

his holiness nb

Quote from: DMarsden on December 11, 2007, 04:50:39 PM
Quote from: altovito on December 11, 2007, 04:42:37 PM

what question?  do note that all 5 posters who are questioning me are confining themselves to just that and make no attempt to dispute or debate any posts i've made.

You know what question, I have asked you several times to back up the allegation of people offering double the grant money to a player to publicly turn it down.

You cant just say theses things and not back them up.

I am asking you this question only as it needs answering, there have been over 20 threads relating to these issues in which I have given my full opinion, many in direct repsonse to yourself, I dont intend to start repeating them. But this allegation of yours calls the integrity of the "no" camp into doubt and should be clarified or withdrawn.
Ask me holy bollix

thejuice

Well in that case it would be a pity for Club Tyrone to abandon ship especially if the money is going to help those who arent in a position to recieve grants. Since the players are getting grants perhaps they should divert whatever monies were going the players ways and use it elsewhere.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

bingobus

Read through some of the posts, can understand Conways stance. He is prob thinking " why should I bust a gut and harress people for money for a group of individuals who don't have the same spirit of the GAA as I do". It starts now as €1-3k but where it end up?

To me the GPA have long served their purpose and are now an elite band of footballers looking after each other. I was disgusted to read an Interview with McGonigale the Donegal footballer who lost the sight in his eye in the paintballing accident with the Donegal squad. He said he was a paid up GPA member but since the accident no one from the GPA had been in contact. The interview was conducted about 3 months after the accident. He didn't to expand on this but did say that the GAA Welfare Officer had been in contact and the Donegal Board had looked after him well.

If the GPA can't bother to make one phone call to see if one of their members of been looked after, then I fail to see their purpose.

Regarding the Cork GAA squads, while I agree that the decision by the Cork Board to appoint their own selectors is stupid, their decision to strike is mad. That means that in the last 6 years, they have striked/threanted to strike 3 times. Will this be an annual thing. I would call their bluff, name a squad, if they don't turn up name another squad until such time that 30 players are available to play for Cork. Players Play, Administrators make the decisions and run the show (and at times I would have little time for them but a structure has to be in place and followed)

Rois

Club Tyrone direct costs are matched against Club Tyrone revenues and the surplus directed towards the County Board.

reddgnhand

Quote from: thejuice on December 11, 2007, 04:42:13 PM
I could be wrong on this one, so dont jump down my throat but what is if any, the difference between the money that Club Tyrone raised for the welfare of county players and the grants that the same Tyrone players will recieve from the Government??

The money raised for welfare of county players is to be used in the event of a player getting injured and unable to work. The grants are completely different. Now if the government wanted to fund the loss of wages due to injury thats a different matter.     

ONeill

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 11, 2007, 12:33:18 AM
Conway packed it, not because of the grants, of which he is totally opposed, but the fact that HQ vetoed a major decision without appropriate consultation with the membership.

Pro or anti grants, his point is totally valid.

Isn't it?

That is understandable and has much merit. The GAA bungled.

His tenner-waving spectacle at Toome was embarrassing though. Kildress (of which Conway is a trustee i'm told) have been, since the early 90s, paying managers and trainers - one of which was getting £100 per session plus £100 on the Sunday - up to a possible £1200 a month.

Where was the principle there?

Another reason why Conway needed to make his anger felt by resigning from CT was that he had been a vociferous campaigner against this. He'd set his stall out early ( I went to hear him speak in Belfast last March) and last week's decision meant he was ultimately defeated. I'm surprised he chose CT though - I think he's a member of, or advisor to, a couple of GAA councils/boards - surely that'd be more appropriate instead of hurting all aspects of Tyrone GAA.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

QuoteHis tenner-waving spectacle at Toome was embarrassing though. Kildress (of which Conway is a trustee i'm told) have been, since the early 90s, paying managers and trainers - one of which was getting £100 per session plus £100 on the Sunday - up to a possible £1200 a month.

I don't suppose you've any evidence of this?

again, the abuse a man gets when he decides to step down from his position from the very people who've nothing to say against the county players who were prepared to strike is quite unbelievable. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ONeill

Yes I keep a big file with big folders. In it I also keep records of my bowel movements, just in case I'm asked for proof. Grow up pog and offer something other than owc schoolyard questions. It's getting tiresome for everyone.

And if you cannot distinquish between questioning a person's line of thinking and abuse, you'd be best to stay clear of discussions as they appear to get too complicated for you.

Conway has his principles and sticks to them. I admire that and he'd be a great man to have on your side. He is correct about the GAA's handling on this.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.