Best Comedy Series/Programme

Started by 5 Sams, November 16, 2007, 08:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteI cannot stand Will Ferrell! He sometimes good in small doses, such as his cameo in Starsky & Hutch, but any movies I've seen where he has been the star have been appalling. Have there been worse comedies in recent years than that Ricky Bobby/Talladega Nights thing or Anchorman?
You can't blame Ferrell for the quality of the film (I'm a fan of Ferrell's and I loved Talladega Nights).  If Carrey was in those films would you have liked them?

I couldn't stand the Mask but enjoyed other Carrey films. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

J70

Quote from: pintsofguinness on November 18, 2007, 08:30:37 PM
QuoteI cannot stand Will Ferrell! He sometimes good in small doses, such as his cameo in Starsky & Hutch, but any movies I've seen where he has been the star have been appalling. Have there been worse comedies in recent years than that Ricky Bobby/Talladega Nights thing or Anchorman?
You can't blame Ferrell for the quality of the film (I'm a fan of Ferrell's and I loved Talladega Nights).  If Carrey was in those films would you have liked them?

I couldn't stand the Mask but enjoyed other Carrey films. 

I just don't find Ferrell's form of comedy very funny. If films such as Anchorman, Talladega Nights and that Elf one are atypical, then I'll keep an open-mind, but as far as I could see, they were basically vehicles for him.

Orior

My favourites are:

1.   The Office
2.   Alan Partridge
3.   The Royle Family
4.   Father Ted
5.   Fawlty Towers
6.   Blackadder
7.   Steptoe and Son
8.   Dad's Army
9.   The Young Ones
10.   Some Mothers Do Av'Em

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

dodo

The Dodo selection in no particular order:

Only Fools and Horses
That 70's Show
Frasier
Shameless
Mork and Mindy
Cheers
Porridge
Blackadder
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Fr. Ted

The most irritating guy I've ever seen on TV is that knob Tom Green. He was presenting an awards show recently that was on in a house I was visiting. Not vaguely or remotely funny.

nrico2006

I wouldn't really watch many comedy tv shows, mainly a film man.  The women started collecting the Only Fools and Horses magazines a few years ago with the DVD's of every episode, so I watched them all in a farily short period of time - amazing.  Seen a few episodes here and there of Men Behaving Badly and Father Ted, and they are good.  The one I have watched over the past year (started catching it in the morning on CH4) is Everybody Loves Raymond, which is unbelievable.  Great characters is it and as someone previously mentioned the wife Debra is in some nick considering she is 50 odd.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

full back

Everybody Loves Raymond is superb
Men Behaving Badly was decent good craic
The Office would make you cringe but was v funny
Shameless is very good
And although perhaps not classed as a comedy Ari Gold in Entourage gets me every time

stew

Quote from: nrico2006 on November 19, 2007, 09:39:42 AM
I wouldn't really watch many comedy tv shows, mainly a film man.  The women started collecting the Only Fools and Horses magazines a few years ago with the DVD's of every episode, so I watched them all in a farily short period of time - amazing.  Seen a few episodes here and there of Men Behaving Badly and Father Ted, and they are good.  The one I have watched over the past year (started catching it in the morning on CH4) is Everybody Loves Raymond, which is unbelievable.  Great characters is it and as someone previously mentioned the wife Debra is in some nick considering she is 50 odd.

Debra is 48 not 50 odd, she has four childer and is as you said in great nick. :)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Does anyone agree that Little Britain was the most objectionable, predicable  overrated rubbish ever to darken oiur TV screens

nrico2006

Patricia Heaton is actually 49, hence the statement 50 odd.  She was looking fine this morning!
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Balboa

Started watching Family Guy at the weekend,fecking brilliant & Ari Gold (Entourage) is probably the funniest character on the box at the minute, he has a few temper issues.

theskull1

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on November 20, 2007, 12:59:42 AM
Does anyone agree that Little Britain was the most objectionable, predicable  overrated rubbish ever to darken oiur TV screens

Here Here. Hate the way people put League of Gentlemen in the same sentence as it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

corn02

Carreys best film was Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless mind, first class.

Also agree Little Britain is the most over rated show of all time.

On the good comedy from I thought Peep Show would get more of a mention?

red hander

Canadian show Trailer Park Boys ... no contest

Balboa

Quote from: red hander on November 20, 2007, 12:25:35 PM
Canadian show Trailer Park Boys ... no contest

Forgot about it, pure gold. You remind me a bit of Bubbles.......