Copies of matches

Started by sligeach, November 13, 2007, 07:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligeach

Lads, does anyone have copies of galway vs kilkenny 2005 or mayo vs dublin 2006 ? I really want to get my hands on them.

Bacon

Would that be football or hurling?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

sligeach

Quote from: Bacon on November 13, 2007, 07:58:29 AM

Galway v Kilkenny (hurling)
Mayo v Dub (Football)

Gnevin

Quote from: Bacon on November 13, 2007, 07:58:29 AM
Was that a serious question?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

darbyo

I have a DVD of the Mayo/Dublin match, haven't a clue how I could make you copy though. If you know how I'll try do it for you and send you on the copy.

AZOffaly

Nemeton, the gang that do the broadcasts for TG4 have a big library of old games. I bought all of Offaly's All Irelands off them, and they were reasonable enough. I think the URL is www.nemeton.ie

AbbeySider

Quote from: sligeach on November 13, 2007, 07:39:26 AM
Lads, does anyone have copies of galway vs kilkenny 2005 or mayo vs dublin 2006 ? I really want to get my hands on them.

I bought the DVD of Mayo vs Dublin 2006 seimi final:
http://www.dvdsales.ie/shop/2006_football___semi_final_mayo_v_dublin.417.1.10099.sports.html

And you can also buy Galway vs Kilkenny 2005 here
http://www.dvdsales.ie/shop/2005_hurling___galway_v_kilkenny_all_ireland_semi_final.417.7.10101.sports.html

sligeach

Noone would have a copy that they could send to me over the internet ? (bittorrent etc)

Its not that I'm stingy and won't buy them its that I'm abroad and in a NTSC area not PAL, as well as the fact shipping would probably rob me (I'm in Asia)

Tyrones own

What part of Asia? I bought a camcorder in Hong Kong A few years ago and all i could find was Pal
so i took for granted that pal was what they used :-\
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

stephenite

Quote from: sligeach on November 13, 2007, 01:05:11 PM
Noone would have a copy that they could send to me over the internet ? (bittorrent etc)

Its not that I'm stingy and won't buy them its that I'm abroad and in a NTSC area not PAL, as well as the fact shipping would probably rob me (I'm in Asia)

I'm in Sydney and recently purchased the Season Review of 2006 off the RTE site - this includes a bonus DvD of the entire Mayo v Dublin match from that year, the only reason I bought it. It was delivered within 3 days, which I was mighty impressed with

sligeach

Quote from: Tyrones own on November 13, 2007, 09:29:42 PM

What part of Asia? I bought a camcorder in Hong Kong A few years ago and all i could find was Pal
so i took for granted that pal was what they used :-\

Thats cause Hong Kong used to be British man.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sligeach on November 13, 2007, 01:05:11 PM

Could be wrong but I reckon there is no such thing as Pal and NTSC when it comes to DVD's. Isn't it just controlled by region 1, 2, 3.... You can buy the DVD, download a little program called dvdshrink (google it) and reburn region free. Or check out this mighty website www.dvd-guides.com for more instructions.

amallon

Does anyone know about the cost involved in getting copies of games from the RTE archieve?  I'd like to get some footage RTE have of the '68 Down semi final and final.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

townof12

might have a copy of the 68 final on dvd, i'll get back to you.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: amallon on November 14, 2007, 09:59:05 PM
Does anyone know about the cost involved in getting copies of games from the RTE archieve?  I'd like to get some footage RTE have of the '68 Down semi final and final.
Yes, what is the story with RTÉ archives? I had a look on the site and it appeared to me like they wouldn't do sales of GAA matches. Pity because I'd like to obtain the old Sligo matches that were shown on TV.