Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy

Quote from: Cavan19 on January 04, 2022, 09:24:16 AM
Quote from: Westside on December 30, 2021, 06:19:07 PM
Shouldn't be tolerated, Cavan should be his singular focus if he's to be involved.

Graham and McCabe were double jobbing they can hardly tell Ricey he cant.

That shouldnt have been tolerated either in my opinion, bar when Graham took the job initially when he was in the middle of a leinster club campaign

Cavan19

Quote from: Itchy on January 04, 2022, 09:35:56 AM
Quote from: Cavan19 on January 04, 2022, 09:24:16 AM
Quote from: Westside on December 30, 2021, 06:19:07 PM
Shouldn't be tolerated, Cavan should be his singular focus if he's to be involved.

Graham and McCabe were double jobbing they can hardly tell Ricey he cant.

That shouldnt have been tolerated either in my opinion, bar when Graham took the job initially when he was in the middle of a leinster club campaign

Just another thing to add Johnston is probably double jobbing as well.

Itchy

Well since his only interest is and has always been himself that wouldnt surprise me either.

I dont get a good vibe at all about this campaign. Mickey already talking about only being back a few weeks, bemoaning covid and injuries as we head for bloody Div 4. Everyone double jobbing it seems. I hope I am wrong. Apparently Roscommon battered us in a challenge and they seem to be missing lots of lads from last year too. I would fear for us in the McKenna Cup games against Tyrone and Armagh, while meaningless you still dont want to be getting thumped.

I watched Leitrim and Sligo online the other day, both looked quite fit and moving well for this time of year while also having a number of new comers. There will be nothing soft against those 2.

Itchy

Game against armagh is being live streamed

Itchy

Time for Ray Galligan to sit out the league and let the young Ramor keeper have a go. His performance this evening was joke shop stuff. Coming out for balls he had no business coming for, taking and missing frees on gearoids side and the farcical goal at the end. Strikes me as a lad that needs a kick in the hole.

Cavan19

Quote from: Itchy on January 06, 2022, 09:28:34 PM
Time for Ray Galligan to sit out the league and let the young Ramor keeper have a go. His performance this evening was joke shop stuff. Coming out for balls he had no business coming for, taking and missing frees on gearoids side and the farcical goal at the end. Strikes me as a lad that needs a kick in the hole.

There is no need for him to be playing all these games anyway and its the same every year Graham needs to be given game time to the other keepers on the panel.

Westside

Is Moynagh on the panel this year? What about Conor Smith?

Have to say the thing I find most disappointing is the lads that came in last year on the back of the Ulster success, got Championship game time and then pulled out again this year. I know everyone has their own stuff going on but it reflects very badly.

I thought we were going to be hammered after the first half last night. But they did well in the second half. A few lads have 'wintered well' and there's a lot of hard work ahead before we head to Carrick.

Look-Up!

Dogged enough stuff at times, closer than I expected. I don't know if that's because we were better or Armagh were worse than anticipated. In any event it's a pity we didn't grind out a win, we had enough chances plus we could do with an extra game. I know lads are rusty this time of year but I thought our decision making up front especially when we had multiple good options let us down badly at crucial times.

Didn't see anything to change my mind on how the league will go. It will be dour and dogged and hard on the eye. We looked extremely defensive at times last night and there's nothing to suggest we will go into free scoring mode anytime soon. We will be hard to beat in Division 4 for sure but I will be very surprised if we win every game, I just can't see it. Where that leaves us in the race for promotion I'm not sure. Hopefully we'll scrape it but we're liable to go either way plus injuries to 1 or 2 big players would be disastrous.

Westside

We have been so inconsistent under Mickey, it would be a brave person to be predicting promotion at this point. Playing two division 1 teams is good preparation though. Hopefully we can compete with Tyrone next Tuesday.

Cavan19

Could struggle against Leitrim without Gearoid.

Itchy

Why no Gearoid?

One thing that's evident is we are much bigger and better conditioned than Leitrim. I'd expect us to win that game with a bit to spare having watch cavan and Leitrim opening games

Westside

Leitrim will be tough IMO. It's in Carrick and while we don't see this match up often, this is a local derby. Emlyn Mulligan will nail most of his frees, Keith Beirne is better than all of the Cavan forward bar Gearoid. Tom Prior and Ryan O'Rourke are quality dynamic young forwards. I think their defence isn't great but we don't have much quality to punish them with.

We are more experienced and will be relying on our strength around the middle to pin them back.

Itchy

Quote from: Westside on January 07, 2022, 08:36:01 PM
Leitrim will be tough IMO. It's in Carrick and while we don't see this match up often, this is a local derby. Emlyn Mulligan will nail most of his frees, Keith Beirne is better than all of the Cavan forward bar Gearoid. Tom Prior and Ryan O'Rourke are quality dynamic young forwards. I think their defence isn't great but we don't have much quality to punish them with.

We are more experienced and will be relying on our strength around the middle to pin them back.

Emlyn Mulligan,  he wasn't even taking frees against Sligo and personally never saw what the fuss about him wss. They had a few lively looking forwards but extremely limited elsewhere. Let's not try talk up Leitrim, they will make life tough for us  but we should be winning it with bit to spare.

Westside

Mulligan was an excellent forward, for both club and county. Was always deadly off the frees, surprised he's off them. Questionable whether he still has the pace for this level now.

I'd be confident that we can beat Leitrim if we perform. But last year taught us all about the difference between the games Cavan 'should' win and the games Cavan do win.

Look-Up!

Leitrim are very limited and had an extremely poor year last year conceding some massive tallies. But we're in Division 4 for a reason and can't really afford to talk ourselves up much until we see how we hit the ground. But if the Leitrim of last year take the field it would be extremely worrying if our forwards can't make inroads even without Gearoid.