Movie recommendations

Started by corn02, October 23, 2007, 10:13:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Saw Transformers 3 tonight, in 2D. Was better than the 2nd film, that's not saying much, as it had a better storyline. Special effects were outstanding, but I wasn't dying about about the film. Your doll that replaced Megan Fox, can't act for shite. Just the same expression on her face the whole film, wooden.
Testing Accessibility

gallsman

Quote from: ziggysego on July 05, 2011, 12:01:29 AM
Saw Transformers 3 tonight, in 2D. Was better than the 2nd film, that's not saying much, as it had a better storyline. Special effects were outstanding, but I wasn't dying about about the film. Your doll that replaced Megan Fox, can't act for shite. Just the same expression on her face the whole film, wooden.

In fairness, you don't go to watch Transformers for an intricate plot but even for a Michael Bay film about an ancient intergalactic war between two rival species of highly advanced robots the plot was preposterous. The pro-America shite in it is unbearable too.

AbbeySider

There was a very good film on RTE on Sunday night called Garage.
Very poignant and a great performance by Pat Shortt in the leading role playing a slow witted petrol station worker.

Its well worth a look.

HiMucker

Seen Unkown there with Liam Neeson, decent show, bit of a Bourne rip off though.
Watched the Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon.  Quirky film, thought it was also decent but id imagine a fair few people will hate it.  Both 6/10 Id say

nrico2006

Quote from: HiMucker on July 05, 2011, 01:53:25 PM
Seen Unkown there with Liam Neeson, decent show, bit of a Bourne rip off though.
Watched the Adjustment Bureau with Matt Damon.  Quirky film, thought it was also decent but id imagine a fair few people will hate it.  Both 6/10 Id say

I thought Unknown was the biggest pile of dung I had seen in a long time.  Bored the hole of me to be honest, not even a bit of dirt in it or nothing.  The Adjustment Bureau was much better.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Canalman

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 05, 2011, 12:04:09 PM
Very poignant and a great performance by Pat Shortt in the leading role playing a slow witted petrol station worker.

Its well worth a look.

Totally agree (+1 the correct term I believe). A  trully shocking twist and ending.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Canalman on July 05, 2011, 02:01:00 PM

Its well worth a look.

Totally agree (+1 the correct term I believe). A  trully shocking twist and ending.

You know its a good film when you are left thinking about it for a long time afterwards and thats how I am after seeing it.

Hardy

Quote from: AbbeySider on July 05, 2011, 02:07:01 PM

Its well worth a look.

You know its a good film when you are left thinking about it for a long time afterwards and thats how I am after seeing it.

Yes - a fine piece of work.

Capt Pat

Yes very popular amongst demented slow witted garage workers from Tipperary but I thought it was terrible. A movie is supposed to be entertaining. A suicide is not entertaining and does not make a movie.[ :)quote author=Hardy link=topic=5246.msg983940#msg983940 date=1309871801]
Quote from: AbbeySider on July 05, 2011, 02:07:01 PM

Its well worth a look.

Yes - a fine piece of work.
[/quote]

Hardy

I didn't know about the rule that movies must be entertaining. Sorry.

Puckoon

Tony Baloney

Aye cheers Pat. Any other films you can reveal the ending on?

Olly

I can never understand why movie makers stick to the story when they are filming films about real events. EG - why not have the Titanic reach America and everyone just had an average journey. You would leave the cinema amazed. Or maybe Michael Collins completes his journey and nothing happens.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Nally Stand

Read the reviews for Garage here and it sounded good, so I went and read a few more on the net and it was getting rave reviews everywhere. So I went to play.com and purchased.

....And then I see Capt Pats post which kindly ruined the ending for me. Cheers lad. You owe me a £5.89. Plus compensation.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Bogball XV

Quote from: Nally Stand on July 05, 2011, 08:26:58 PM
Read the reviews for Garage here and it sounded good, so I went and read a few more on the net and it was getting rave reviews everywhere. So I went to play.com and purchased.

....And then I see Capt Pats post which kindly ruined the ending for me. Cheers lad. You owe me a £5.89. Plus compensation.
Im with Pat on this one, thank him for stopping you wasting a few hours of your life on The Garage.  That's maybe harsh, but I'd heard great reviews and it was a disappointment to me.

But he shouldn't have posted , no way anybody would sit through it now that they know the ending.