Homehint needed

Started by Main Street, October 05, 2007, 11:59:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Any idea how to remove a lot of crayon (ugly cheap greasy) scribbles from a portable TFT screen?

I tried water, screen cleaner, alcohol (as in that poly proprynl something or other),  no impact at all.

Chrisowc

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

deiseach

Cif mousse removes everything. Might remove the plastic too. Caveat emptor.

Donagh

Main Street

Quote from: deiseach on October 06, 2007, 12:01:38 AM
Caveat emptor.
Does that mean your wine bottle is empty or something less serious?

If the cif, syph ???, doesn't have bleach I could always try a wee dab first.

Louth Exile

Caveat emptor = Buyer Beware
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

hoopsaaa

Try a warm cloth, well rung ou, with nothing added.

Puckoon

Quote from: hoopsaaa on October 06, 2007, 12:22:57 AM
Try a warm cloth, well rung ou, with nothing added.

Good point, make sure your cloth is pretty hot, it will help break down the wax quicker than a cold one.

Puckoon

hoopsaaa

In all fairness a classic answer :D

Main Street

I decided to wait until this morning before trying the screen de-wax.

After trying the very warm cloth on the obvious crayon marks I discovered that the screen is marked mostly with pencil scrawl.
The warm cloth just smudges the crayon bits.
I am using a soft black rubber eraser for all the pencil marks, using a gentle sensitive rotating finger technique matured over the years, seems to work quite well.

pintsofguinness

What did you draw on it for?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Main Street

Well Pints, I take it that when your kids were allowed out of their cells they were handcuffed behind their backs :)

It was the work of a 3 year old who I had sat down at the table with all the drawing stuff. Obviously she had been observing me in front of the screen for hours and thought this was the adult thing to do or maybe just a females vengence for the neglect suffered.

pintsofguinness

My children don't know who I am   :P

pintsofguinness

Hang on a minute, how do we know it was her?
I'd similar experience, found my walls and doors covered in markers.  The then 3yr old nephew was chief suspect.  I was ready to beat him and throw him in the attic but then it turned out that he didn't do it,  my woman had come in, took his markers, and done it!  He witnessed the whole event.