Castlewellan 7's

Started by clarshack, August 17, 2007, 11:44:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Against the Breeze

From what I hear it wasnt the only shambolic performance from a referee today!

Cloc Mor

Knowing the tubes of referees in Down that doesnt surprise me.  Probably that p***k (hard man) O' Hanlon or (lady boy) O' Hare.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

clarshack

well i'm back, gonna give this board another go.

st gall's won the 7's beating castlwellan in the final by 6 points. st galls were the best team in the tournament by a country mile.

Townie

7s were just ok the four big teams in Down are still in the club championship which takes alot of gloss of it. Totally agree with cloc mor yer man o'hare is a useless p***k of a refi wouldn even let that tube ref under age football!

clarshack

carmen had problems with the same ref who sent off 4 our players against ballymacnab.

it was disappointing to see dromintee go home in a huff though.

orangeman

Are you serious about Dessie Slater refereeing the game ?? Dessie from Tyrone ?

This Moy team or should I say teams aren't a bit afraid to get stuck in ! They're certainly no pushovers !

Was anyone sent off ?

southdown

Quote from: southdown on August 30, 2007, 01:18:12 PM
Id have my money on Saint Galls, they usually have a strong squad at it.

;D ;D ;D

Redhandfan

Quote from: orangeman on September 02, 2007, 08:24:40 PM
Are you serious about Dessie Slater refereeing the game ?? Dessie from Tyrone ?

Yes, and Jimmy McKee from Armagh was one of his linesmen.

This Moy team or should I say teams aren't a bit afraid to get stuck in ! They're certainly no pushovers !

That may be true, but this was definitely one occasion in which the Moy players were provoked.  MacEoghain's description of what happened in an earlier post is exactly right.  Even neutral observers described it as extreme provocation on Kilcoo's part and felt Moy had no other option but to respond in the way they did.

Was anyone sent off ?

No.  As soon as the fracas stopped, Slater signalled the end of the game and walked off the field smiling.  He still looked happy with himself as we left the ground.  I suppose it is a relief that he is no longer refereeing competitive matches in Tyrone.  How he ever came to be asked to officiate at the Castlewellan Sevens is beyond me!

rrhf

I think that tornaments a bit of a joke now anyway RHF.  You are safer staying away from it, The officialdom is terrible. Try your chances at Kilmacud again.

goldenyears

orangeman

Slater was one of the top referees in Tyrone at one time - maybe they brought out the golden oldies for this tournament ? Or maybe he went to the wrong tournament ? Maybe there was as veterans competition on somewhere else ?

spiritof91and94

Just proves this tournament is a waste of time - used to be a big event but is now a day out for teams - fair play to St Galls though they always like to put on a show in 7's. Would like to see Kilmacud draw having Kilcoo and Moy in the same group!!!

Wee Roddy

Clarshack you say that St Galls were the best team in it by a country mile. I was just wondering because i was talking to one of our lads who was playing and he reckons that they could have beaten St Galls in the semi if they had of taken their goal chances, Any of Carmen lads stand out to you?

clarshack

i guess carmen were next best but they were beaten by UUJ in their group. conor gormley stood out for carmen. st galls did seem to be giving out a few hidings though. CJ mcgourty is some player - pity he isnt from tyrone. also charlie vernon (QUB & Armagh) is built like a tank and took one hell of a hit against St Galls. he was down for a few minutes but got up and played on. anyone of a lesser build would have been taken to hospital.