Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

QuoteI hardly even noticed Whelan was playing until he decided to catch a couple of balls in the last 10/15 minutes.

Agreed, and a few of those "inspirational" balls were won when Griffen went off and a "one legged" Dara came back on.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2007, 12:49:44 AM
Just back from pub so im a little full..But i think Dublin deserved a draw today.The taunting comments are a little OTT as it wasn't as bad as the Laois game but yes i think Dublin should stop it as it is turning everyone against them.There is no place for it in Gaa IMHO and they done themselves no favours today
Thought Vaughan was bad today,and i think Pillar fucked up by bringing on the likes of Cosgrove and leaving Quinn on the bench
Im sure its the end for Sherlock,Cosgrove and maybe a few others?
Pray do tell what tautiing you are talking about
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 12:45:48 AM
Midfield is where Dublin could of won  or lose the game. And midfield is piller lost the game
Megee should of been of by the 15th and for sure by half time .

Do you think bringing on Cosgrove was a mistake? I was nearly expecting Vinny Murphy and Charlie Redmond to be brought on.
Surely there are better players in Dublin than resorting to bringing on Cosgrove and having Sherlock playing
Couldn't believe Quinn wasn't brought on till the last minute
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 12:52:29 AM
Just back from pub so im a little full..But i think Dublin deserved a draw today.The taunting comments are a little OTT as it wasn't as bad as the Laois game but yes i think Dublin should stop it as it is turning everyone against them.There is no place for it in Gaa IMHO and they done themselves no favours today
Thought Vaughan was bad today,and i think Pillar fucked up by bringing on the likes of Cosgrove and leaving Quinn on the bench

The taunting that there has been about 100 posts about if you read all the the threads
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Jell 0 Biafra

Fair play to Laois Lad for some very even handed comments on the game.  Given recent history between Dublin and Laois, it would have been easy for you to turn the knife.

Congrats on being an uncle too.  It's the best: you get to play with the young 'un till you're tired, and then you hand him/her back to the parents.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2007, 12:54:24 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 12:45:48 AM
Midfield is where Dublin could of won  or lose the game. And midfield is piller lost the game
Megee should of been of by the 15th and for sure by half time .

Do you think bringing on Cosgrove was a mistake? I was nearly expecting Vinny Murphy and Charlie Redmond to be brought on.
Surely there are better players in Dublin than resorting to bringing on Cosgrove and having Sherlock playing
Couldn't believe Quinn wasn't brought on till the last minute
I think Bonner had more match practice and bring on Cossi was a mistake as he was barely seen in the league of the championship. But the main problem with  Dublin now is not the team i think we matched Kerry in the forwards and the back . We only lost in the middle . Dublins main problem in the sideline the changes are too slow and quite often are not the right changes 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

SuperSub

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 26, 2007, 08:40:48 PM
Just back from match...I have to honestly say i think the Dubs deserved a draw.Thought they were great in the last 20mins
What the f**k was Cluxton at though the stupid fool..Also why did Pillar bring on Ray Cosgrove and not bring in Mossy Quinn until the 68thmin?
Haven't time to write more as my brother just rang me on way home from Croker to tell me i have become an Uncle for the first time..My new little niece was born at 7.25pm ;D ;D ;D
So it's off to the pub with me!!!!

Congrats LL,Would i be right in saying this is a little Dub baby?

Jell 0 Biafra

Bringing on Cossie was definitely a mistake.  He was terrific at one time, but it seems that his best days are behind him.
On the other hand, the Magee for Brogan substitution was good.  Brogan was quiet enough in the second half, and once Magee came on, the Dublin comeback started.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2007, 12:55:20 AM

The taunting that there has been about 100 posts about if you read all the the threads
Are you talking about the Leinster final again ? If so i've already discussed that
I didn't see anything in today game , so if their was tell me me and i might remember or will be on the look out for tomorrows whe i re watch it

Gnevin

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 27, 2007, 12:59:25 AM
Bringing on Cossie was definitely a mistake.  He was terrific at one time, but it seems that his best days are behind him.
On the other hand, the Magee for Brogan substitution was good.  Brogan was quiet enough in the second half, and once Magee came on, the Dublin comeback started.
Brogan should of stayed on the pitch , Moran did nothng all game and should of been called a shore mid way in the 1st half

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 01:01:30 AM

Are you talking about the Leinster final again ? If so i've already discussed that
I didn't see anything in today game , so if their was tell me me and i might remember or will be on the look out for tomorrows whe i re watch it

There was a bit Gnevin from Casey and Sherlock...The commentators even picked up on it,I saw match tonight in pub and there defo was some.But too be honest their was some from both sides
Look i really don't wanna get into all that again because you and I are never gonna agree on it.It happened today and im not the only one that saw it most of the posters here have commented on it if you have the time to read all the posts you'll see that
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2007, 01:05:55 AM

There was a bit Gnevin from Casey and Sherlock...The commentators even picked up on it,I saw match tonight in pub and there defo was some.But too be honest their was some from both sides
Look i really don't wanna get into all that again because you and I are never gonna agree on it.It happened today and im not the only one that saw it most of the posters here have commented on it if you have the time to read all the posts you'll see that

Can you link me to it ?
Im not denying it happened but i think its the lesser of two evils

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 27, 2007, 12:57:05 AM
Fair play to Laois Lad for some very even handed comments on the game.  Given recent history between Dublin and Laois, it would have been easy for you to turn the knife.

Congrats on being an uncle too.  It's the best: you get to play with the young 'un till you're tired, and then you hand him/her back to the parents.

I say it as i see it,If i think the Dubs deserved to win or draw i'll say it and the same if i thought they were shite..
They deserved to draw today in my opinion
Thanks for the Congrats too im over the moon
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 01:07:36 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2007, 01:05:55 AM

Can you link me to it ?
Im not denying it happened but i think its the lesser of two evils

If you read the latest scores thread and a few that were started after the match and go back a few pages on this thread you'll see the comments.I haven't made any but i did see it happen and im not the only one
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Gnevin

Since no has disagreed  i assume next may/june i wont have to listen to how  other counties aren't being given hill tickets ?