Dublin v Kerry all ireland SF

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 12, 2007, 03:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

QuoteMissed the point there Mike

Story of your day eh ?

Gnevin

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 27, 2007, 12:14:07 AM
QuoteShane Ryan or Darren Magee are better midfielders than Ciaran Whelan know fook all about GAA

Its lads like you have this completely irrational belief in Ciaran Whelan that know fook all about football. Same thing over in reservoirdubs, they think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread..sweet jesus. He was only mediocre today. The best people to ask about Ciaran Whelans performance are the Kerry fans becasue your opponents always know which of your players have done the most damage as we are the ones that will be screaming at the TV telling our players to close him down. I hardly noticed Whelan was in the game till griffen went off and Dara O'Se came back on. He won a few balls then but thats hardly something to shout about given Dara was on one leg.

I dont have anything against Whelan. He gets a bad rap but it beggars belief how much you lads are blind to his true performances,
I have to agee with ya  Mike in my opinion the game was won and lose and won  n middle field, Kerry won it in the first 50 odd and Dublin lost it then. The damage was done in the first 50 , Mcgee came on and won the the midfield battle for Dublin in the last 20 but 6 points was just to much to over turn 
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Hound

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 27, 2007, 12:16:56 AM
QuoteMissed the point there Mike

Story of your day eh ?
FFS. Talking through yer hole now Mike. Did you actually go to the game? Go to bed. Good night and good luck.

Tyrones own

Don't mind them Gnevin, Dublin didn't leave much on the field today.
All the ball breaking is only to take their minds off Cork, the fear is obvious,
Had Vaughn(sp) showed up at all it could have been a very different game.
Next year man...............
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Hound

Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 12:20:16 AM
QuoteShane Ryan or Darren Magee are better midfielders than Ciaran Whelan know fook all about GAA

Its lads like you have this completely irrational belief in Ciaran Whelan that know fook all about football. Same thing over in reservoirdubs, they think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread..sweet jesus. He was only mediocre today. The best people to ask about Ciaran Whelans performance are the Kerry fans becasue your opponents always know which of your players have done the most damage as we are the ones that will be screaming at the TV telling our players to close him down. I hardly noticed Whelan was in the game till griffen went off and Dara O'Se came back on. He won a few balls then but thats hardly something to shout about given Dara was on one leg.

I dont have anything against Whelan. He gets a bad rap but it beggars belief how much you lads are blind to his true performances,
I have to agee with ya  Mike in my opinion the game was won and lose and won  n middle field, Kerry won it in the first 50 odd and Dublin lost it then. The damage was done in the first 50 , Mcgee came on and won the the midfield battle for Dublin in the last 20 but 6 points was just to much to over turn 
And the reason for that was Whelan was on his own.

Darren needs to get an injection of energy to make him a half decent player. And some ability when on the ball would be good too. We'll be depending on him next year. God help us.

Gnevin

Quote from: Hound on August 27, 2007, 12:25:41 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on August 27, 2007, 12:20:16 AM

True enought but if i was making the hard calls i would of had useless moran off the pitch and 3 men in the middle by the 10th /15 th minute
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteDon't mind them Gnevin, Dublin didn't leave much on the field today.
All the ball breaking is only to take their minds off Cork, the fear is obvious,
Had Vaughn(sp) showed up at all it could have been a very different game.
Next year man...............

yeah, we are really afraid...<yawn>..change the record Tyrones own

GalwayBayBoy

Have to say I spent a good proportion of the game today thinking to myself "where's Ciaran Whelan?" At least Shane Ryan was involved in play throughout and put himself about. I hardly even noticed Whelan was playing until he decided to catch a couple of balls in the last 10/15 minutes. Not saying that Ryan is a better midfielder but he was a lot better on the day. Even MaGee came on and and in the limited time he had caught a couple of balls and nearly set up a goal which is more than Whelan did.

Jell 0 Biafra

Congratulations to Kerry on your victory.  But could we cut out the "had to beat 16 men today" nonsense?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 26, 2007, 06:57:26 PM
Quote from: SuperSub on August 26, 2007, 06:40:38 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 26, 2007, 06:33:53 PM
Probably Cluxton's only mistake, but what a f**king clanger; game over for Dublin.

It was showboating...And only a Dub would do that when their losing

:D Only da jacks, only da fecking jacks!

Thought Cluxton made a massive error but in fairness he has kept Dublin in a lot of games too..Think a draw would have been the fairest result...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteHad Vaughn(sp) showed up at all it could have been a very different game.

What exactly were you expecting Vaughan to do "had he showed up".

All year Vaughan has offered little from play but has been an exceptionally brilliant freetaker. Now he missed 1 today but I really don't think he was the difference between Dublin winning and losing.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Hardy

Quote from: Hound on August 26, 2007, 10:55:33 PM
God help us all when so many mistake Hayes for a Dub.

Not that I dont wish he wasnt.........  :-\

Hardy, jinxy etc, what do you think of Hayes as a journo?

Hound - I'm still trying to work out "not that I dont wish he wasnt". ???  :D

I think Hayes is the journalism/sporting equivalent of the famous writer/surgeon Oliver St. John Gogarty. In the medical world he was a good writer; in the literary world he was a good doctor.

I've seldom come across anybody who can be wrong so often and still continue to get paid for his opinion.

Gnevin

Midfield is where Dublin could of won  or lose the game. And midfield is piller lost the game
Megee should of been of by the 15th and for sure by half time .

Mike Sheehy

QuoteFFS. Talking through yer hole now Mike. Did you actually go to the game? Go to bed. Good night and good luck.

You should listen to Gnevin Hound and stop talking through your own hole.

I seriously sont know what game you were watching. Maybe everytime Whelan gets a ball it it counts and 2 or 3 balls won by other players ..I dunno how you lads think..its irrational anyway, whatever the thought process is.

What I do know is that Ryan and Magee were giving us much much more "shit, we are losing midfield" moments in the game than Whelan. I'm not trying to knock Whelan, I have a lot of sympathy for him because he takes a lot of abuse but he just didnt do it today as far as I am concerned.

Maybe if you took more time to analyze the game instead of taking "fairy boy" cheap shots at players O'Sullivan and Gooch you might see that.

The Real Laoislad

Just back from pub so im a little full..But i think Dublin deserved a draw today.The taunting comments are a little OTT as it wasn't as bad as the Laois game but yes i think Dublin should stop it as it is turning everyone against them.There is no place for it in Gaa IMHO and they done themselves no favours today
Thought Vaughan was bad today,and i think Pillar fucked up by bringing on the likes of Cosgrove and leaving Quinn on the bench
Im sure its the end for Sherlock,Cosgrove and maybe a few others?
You'll Never Walk Alone.