Football SF - Who'll it be so?

Started by The Stand Side, August 02, 2007, 02:07:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Stand Side

Tyrone
Sligo
Kerry
Derry

Think the Tyrone match could ebd in a draw but still think Tyrone will win through.
Sligo will catch Cork in the big field and win by point.

Kerry will squeeze past Monaghan in last 10 mins
Derry will beat Dublin with 40% possession due to Dubs lack of scores.

DUBSFORSAM1

Since when are Derry a high scoring team????

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 02, 2007, 08:25:56 AM
Since when are Derry a high scoring team????

on't know where you are getting this comment from but to answer, if you look at the last 2 games they have played they have racked up big scores against (supposed) stronger teams in the qualifiers and also saw of Armagh

screenexile

3-31 in 2 games???? Pretty high scoring in anyone's book I would reckon!

This cship season Dublin are leading 5-53 to 4-49 not exactly a massive difference.

DUBSFORSAM1

Deal me in....

Dublin scored more against a stronger Laois defence than Derry did
Against Mayo they were playing a poor team who were shown up by Galway...and were playing at home...

They scored 10 points against Armagh, 1-9 against Monaghan and 13 points against Antrim...not great scoring...

Screen -

5-53 in 4 games works out at an average of 17 points per game
5-63 in 5 games works out at an average of 15.6 points per game

So Dublin have a higher scoring rate and in the games where Derry struggled for possession they kicked low scores...

Tankie

this is a bit of a stupid thread when it starts off saying that Derry will beat Dublin. if your dat confident i'd say Paddy Power would love to see you!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Star Spangler

Dubsforsam, there you go trying to convince yourself again!  No matter how much oul chat there is before a game it's only when the game is over that we'll know the better team.  Sam isn't presented to the team with the winning argument!!

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 02, 2007, 09:46:20 AM
Deal me in....

Dublin scored more against a stronger Laois defence than Derry did
Against Mayo they were playing a poor team who were shown up by Galway...and were playing at home...

They scored 10 points against Armagh, 1-9 against Monaghan and 13 points against Antrim...not great scoring...

Screen -

5-53 in 4 games works out at an average of 17 points per game
5-63 in 5 games works out at an average of 15.6 points per game

So Dublin have a higher scoring rate and in the games where Derry struggled for possession they kicked low scores...

DFS even though Derry may have struggled for posession they still managed to win games (i.e against Armagh), albeit they were beaten by a strong Monaghan team who have since proved themselves by reaching the QF for the first time. I would also claim that in their low scoring games i.e against Armagh and Monaghan, the defences which they faced were of higher quality than that of Meath or Offaly (no Disrespect to either team)

By your assumption that they scored more as they were playing at home could also be said for Dublin (Im not getting into the Croke Vs Parnell for Dublins home ground debate by the way). Dublin play their games in the capital with a lot more support than any of the opposition teams, by your logic above of course Dublin should be scoring more. They are also the team most familiar with the surrounding and big match atmosphere, this may be intimidating to other teams.

ziggysego

Personally I think it's going to be

Tyrone, Sligo, Kerry and Dublin (which sort of lays my prediction of a Tyrone -v- Derry meeting to bed).
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

A Quinn Martin Production

For Sat I'm going with

Antrim ;)
Tyrone/Meath draw
Sligo to shock Cork
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

oakleaf stateside

Dont Do It

Tankie

The only two bankers are Kerry and Dublin, then i would say Tyrone and Cork! If Meath have a good day they could do one on Tyrone bu Meath have yet to beat a team better than them.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Hardy

That has to be the most bizarre post in a long time. I stumbled over the "Dublin are bankers" bit (I assumed it was a typo  ;D). But how do you beat a team that's better than you? What are the games for if we know in advance who's the better team?

Tankie

Quote from: Hardy on August 03, 2007, 10:25:18 AM
That has to be the most bizarre post in a long time. I stumbled over the "Dublin are bankers" bit (I assumed it was a typo  ;D). But how do you beat a team that's better than you? What are the games for if we know in advance who's the better team?

well if that the case hardy we know the results already:

Kerry
Dublin
Tyrone
Cork

Semi Final
Dublin v Kerry : Kerry
Tyrone v Cork: Tyrone

Final
Kerry v tyrone : Kerry

Maybe i should start placing some bets? ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!