Croke Park Admin Take Swipe at Touts.

Started by Bud Wiser, July 27, 2007, 10:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Selling a ticket is NOT touting. You have to sell it above face value to be a tout.

Datsun Donaghy

QuoteBut why should you offset your costs.  The tickets were designed to make a contributory donation above normal market value towards the new stadium costs.  If people are offsetting (understandable) then they shoulnt have bought in the first place.  I similarly star spangler am nearly 5 years on a waiting list for 2.  Why dont people who dont want the fuckin tickets 100% just give other a chance to buy them use them and contribute.

Quite right my good man,
Premium Level tickets should only go to us Gentry - look what happens when "any Tom Dick or Harry" can get their hands on them and make us rich folk wait for years - the Rabble only turn up on match days when their own team is playing and occasionally for another big game - who do they think they are!

Regarding tickets being auctioned on ebay etc - this goes on because some ticket holders are not genuine sports fans but parasites. One way of preventing this could be for GAA Board members to bid crazy prices for the tickets or better still - the going rate and refuse to cough up - hopefully the parasites will be left with some worthless pieces of paper - there'll be ways and means around this but it may become a deterent to using ebay to cash in on genuine fans.

With respect to offsetting costs there should be no problem if this is for the face value of the ticket - afterall, not everyone is loaded so good luck to you all with a spare10K and the freedom to get to every match in Croker.   Can't half tell I'm green with envy!!!
It's just a pity you can't get to spend that loose change today, it would probably burn a hole in my pocket as well - Thank God I don't have to live with that problem.   any odds mate?

Bud Wiser

Well the warnings to Premium Level holders have gone unnoticed and the leeches who got Premium Seats ahead of genuine GAA fans have not gone away.  See www.needaticket.ie and you can buy a Premium Seat for £125.00 or €125.00 each.

This is a disgrace, an absolute total disgrace and whoever gave them the tickest shout not be alone kicked out of their Premium Seats, they should have the word "TOUT" written on a big board and it put over their head while they are tied to a pole on Jone's Road for the entire day.

Magpie, you were complaining about not being able to get Hogan seats??  Someone else got them and gave them to these boyos as well.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Bud Wiser

Just rang them there now.  Their price has gone up - a lot !  You see to be a tout you have to be a good judge of the market!

Todays prices.   Hogan Stand.  €150.00 per seat.
Davin Stand €90.00 per seat.

Premium Level (Canal End) €300.00 per seat limited to 6 seats !!!!!

So there you have it lads, can you imagine the prices they will tout tickets for at the A.I.F's !

Edit:
Come on Croke Park, buy the Premium Tickets and kick the owners out of Croker, that would settle the matter.

magpie seanie

QuoteMagpie, you were complaining about not being able to get Hogan seats??  Someone else got them and gave them to these boyos as well.

That really gets my dander up.

I wonder are people seriously paying these prices? Its not going to be a sellout.

full back

Damn right Bud
If the Association were serious about stamping out this sort of sh1t, they would buy the tickets, find out who was at it & boot them out

Hound

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 01, 2007, 02:49:55 PM
QuoteMagpie, you were complaining about not being able to get Hogan seats??  Someone else got them and gave them to these boyos as well.

That really gets my dander up.

I wonder are people seriously paying these prices? Its not going to be a sellout.
Yeah, tickets still available for Saturday's double bill on ticketmaster, albeit in the gods of the Davin/Canal. Some people don't like those seats, but having been there before I think they're absolutely grand (so long as you don't have a genuine fear of heights). Personally I find that once the game starts the position I am in the ground becomes totally irrelevant. 

Bud Wiser

Hound, we are not talking about ticketmaster, its www.needaticket.ie.

The GAA should buy them. I forgot to ask were they all together in which case they would only have to buy one.

I assume if a Canal Premium is €125 then a Hogan or Cusack is €250 each going at their standard seat prices.

Anyway, this is what Croker should do.  They should buy the six tickets for €750. The cost of two tickets for a year is about €2,000 so if they sold a years tickets (2 seats) to a member of this board they would get 6,000 for the three pair and then give a member of this board an offer to buy them for five years! Thats if they are serious about getting rid of this blackmail.

armaghniac

I've said this before. Croke Park should introduce a class of long term ticket where you nominate a couple of counties and you get a ticket if that county is playing, then they could sell the same seat several times over and get more revenue. A genuine fan of the county concerned would use his ticket and would not be tempted to sell it because he was not interested in that particular game.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Bud Wiser

They are now selling Hogan tickets for the Dub's game for 150 euro for ordinary seats in the Hogan and Cusack and Premium for €300 per seat!

Considering that todays asking price on the phone was double what was displayed on the site this means 300 and 600 respectively.  I think we should not be asking Croke Park to give these boys a call, we should ring the fraud squad!   Tools. 

An absolute total disgrace. The gaa have got most things right and I have nothing but credit for them. I would suggest that their new bar code is no different to the one on any version of Windows Vista in PC World.  By that I mean, they should print on the tickets that it is an infringement of copyright (listening there Fear Rua) to copy, distribute or sell the product (ticket) without permission.

It's time to take these boys out of the game.

Bud Wiser

The leeches at www.needaticket.ie  are now giving notice that they will not be dispatching tickets for the All-Ireland Hurling Final until 7 days before it.  Probably because they are afraid they will fall into the hands of touts !!!!

Go get them lads, you can plank your ass on the corner of the top level back tier of the Hogan Stand for just 750 Euro !!

Later we must work out a scam to catch these guys out.

Jinxy

There was a notice in the programme last saturday asking people who had paid above face value for their tickets to report their seat/ticket number so it could be traced. Not sure if this is a new thing or what.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Bud Wiser

All Premium Seat holders got a letter two weeks ago telling us that there was a small minority of seat holders causing problems.  The letter issued a warning saying that while they thanked Premium Seat Holders for supporting the building of the stadium that they were given their seats subject to a contract.  That contract states that they can not sell them on, raffle them, auction them or (and they made it clear) the holder would effectively be in breach of contract and said contract would be terminated.

What to watch out for here is not to swap your tickets to someone you do not know.  For example an add appears saying @Will swap two All Ireland front row premium hurling tickets for two Davin or Cusack Stand Football Premium seats.  You now have two tickets that are exchanged and everything is fine until your Davin or Cusack ones appear on Ebay or with this other shower.  Have nothing to do with them, plain and simple.

john mcgill

Bud with all your experience of Premium Level tickets, do you not think there is an opening for a web site set up by Croke Park that would allow people to swap tickets?  I have two premium level, that I give to friends if I'm not going, but at times I would like to take a couple of nephews etc and would swap my hurling for football tickets.