best XV in the country

Started by Rav67, July 12, 2007, 08:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southderryman

Quote from: ExiledGael on July 16, 2007, 08:45:21 PM
Quote from: southderryman on July 16, 2007, 07:09:20 PM
surely fergal doherty has to be included, especially as everyone seems to be claimin no-one has stood out at midfield. he cleaned out armagh and superb again aginst mayo. also cant put a man out of the game (fairly, unlike whelan) with a shoulder.

No hope, he was cleaned out in Casement against Monaghan.
Midfield's between Whelan O'Se Cavanagh and O'Hara for the rest of the year and that goes for the All-Star awards as well I'd say

he was injured going into the monaghan game and was taken of shortly after half time. no coincidence that derry never won a single ball after he went of. a very under-rated midfielder and doesnt get the credit he deserves as RTE dont seem to ever televise derry games. those attending the matches im sure will agree.

Real Talk

The main reason RTE dosn't televise Derry games is because they do not attact large support

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: redhandluke on July 16, 2007, 10:56:57 PM
       Cluxton

McCloy   Owens    O'Se
Dunnion Gormley  Jordan

Whelan  Cavanagh

Dooher  Brogan   Doyle
Cooper  Mulligan  Freeman

Best 15 at the minute, will expect wholesale changes when the Q/F's are played.

Dunnion - being picked on 1 championship game????
Dooher - being picked on 1 good game and 2 average games???
Why Cavanagh in midfield - his best game was against Monaghan and according to Tyrone fans he played wing forward!!!!

Cluxton

McCloy   Owens    Canty
Cullen Gormley  Jordan

Whelan  McCabe
Bray  Brogan   Doyle
Cooper  Masters  Freeman

Uladh

Quote from: Real Talk on July 17, 2007, 10:34:53 AM
The main reason RTE dosn't televise Derry games is because they do not attact large support

What nonsense.

and while i'm a it, the best possible midfield pairing in the country imho wuld be dara and fergal doherty.

For a the hell of itI'd go for:

Cluxton

Lacey
McCloy
Canty

McKeever
Gormley
Cahill

O'Se
Doherty

Brogan
O'Hara
Quinn

Keaney
Donaghy
Gooch

Naming these teams has to be prefaced by not having seen the other parts of the country that extensively (esp sligo).

Springfield

Cluxton
Mc Goldrick   Owens   Canty
Cullen    Gormley   Jordan
Cavanagh      Whelan
Bray    Doyle    Masters
Cooper   Bradley   Freeman

Jinxy

Lads, if ye could only see more of Anthony Moyles you would all have him in your teams. I suppose we could say that about lots of players though. 5 games down and he's been excellent in all of them. Some work rate.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Uladh

I can't understand people picking jordan on these teams. he falls into the same bracket as harte (and kernan) and together they are Tyrone's achiles heel. mickey obviously likes his wing backs bombing forward, which they both do well, but they are inept defensively. in particular, they cannot cope in one on one situations. Invariably, when tyrone come under pressure around the middle third and the half back line is on the back foot, both wing backs are of no use to the team. they won't make a tackle to turn the tide, win a break ball or even have the presence of mind to foul intelligently. Players who are only good when their team is on top are a dubious asset. only Gormley fits that suit for tyrone.

Uladh

Quote from: Jinxy on July 17, 2007, 11:04:49 AM
Lads, if ye could only see more of Anthony Moyles you would all have him in your teams. I suppose we could say that about lots of players though. 5 games down and he's been excellent in all of them. Some work rate.

Never thought of moyles (or meath for that matter!)

King,faye and Bray are having good years too.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Uladh on July 17, 2007, 11:11:01 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 17, 2007, 11:04:49 AM

Never thought of moyles (or meath for that matter!)

King,faye and Bray are having good years too.

Not sure about King but on form in the championship so far, Bray would definately be in there.

I'm sure this will be ridiculed, but on this years games alone I'm surprised more people didnt stick Vaughan in there.
He has proved himself as much more than a free taker in the past few games.
Ask me holy bollix

tyroneman

QuoteCry baby comment of the day, dry yer eyes         
and a pathetic attempt to cover yer tracks too   

Cover what tracks? Dubs fall for it every time, but it IS basically true - Whelan gets away with Murder.

QuoteTyroneman has a tendancy to back up his points by saying I was only fishing e.t.c, wouldn,t take much notice of him.

Hmm.......used that line about twice all year............not what I would call a tendancy.

his holiness nb

To me thats the most annoying type of post.
Type something bad about someone, then if they call you up on it say you were "fishing"
Its a cop out of a reply and doesnt make you look as funny as you may think.

Stick yisser fishin rods up yer ****  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

supersarsfields

I'd have to agree with Uladh on the Jordan issue. I don't know how he is appearing in so many of these teams. Don't get me wrong I think he is a very good half back but he simply hasn't been on top form this year yet. Hopefully that is due to him coming back from a long lay of and the longer this year goes on for Tyrone hopefully the better he'll get. But for me he'd not be in my top 15 at the minute.

tyroneman

QuoteTo me thats the most annoying type of post.
Type something bad about someone, then if they call you up on it say you were "fishing"
Its a cop out of a reply and doesnt make you look as funny as you may think.

Stick yisser fishin rods up yer **** 

As I said before I believe 100% Whelan has a charmed life with the refs and gets away with urder. What amuses me is that all the Dubs rush on to defend him immediately.

Seriously though - despite being a good footballer - he's a thug

his holiness nb

I dont defend everything he does and even said last year on this site he should have seen red versus Mayo and in 2005 versus Meath, but 2 or 3 incidents over the years doesnt make him a thug.
Theres plenty of Tyronemen who could be described as "thugs" based on 2-3 incidents over a period of years.  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

nrico2006

QuoteTheres plenty of Tyronemen who could be described as "thugs" based on 2-3 incidents over a period of years

Like who and for what?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'