Watch out on the road tonight. Wide Load on the way to Croker

Started by Barney, July 12, 2007, 09:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

any of ye see the programme last night it was from sarsfields in Kildare. Barry Owens from Fernanagh was on jesus i knew he was out of football with a heart condition but did not realise until last night than he had open heart surgery on a ruptured Aorta and that he was under the knife for a 9 hour operation  just shows you how much he loves the game and his strength that he was able to play championship football this year inspirational stuff
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

BerfArmagh

Fermanagh boys were very good on the programme last night. However I was very disappointed with the amount of time afforded to the Armagh v Wexford game in the programme, not to mention the 3 second quip on TV3

FermGael

Quote from: the Deel Rover on August 08, 2008, 09:57:52 AM
any of ye see the programme last night it was from sarsfields in Kildare. Barry Owens from Fernanagh was on jesus i knew he was out of football with a heart condition but did not realise until last night than he had open heart surgery on a ruptured Aorta and that he was under the knife for a 9 hour operation  just shows you how much he loves the game and his strength that he was able to play championship football this year inspirational stuff

And he now faces a further 6 months out with the knee injury he picked up in the Ulster final replay
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Uladh

Who is that lilting leprauchan wannabe they have hosting now?

was it possible to have his tongue further up micko's arse?

and apparently kerry are the only county in the country playing with a target man! did he never hear of ronan clarke? or michael cussen?

Yes I Would

Thats the chap who does the RTE racing. Agree he seemed a bit out of place.

All seems a bit rushed, and no need for the poxy shooting contest. Waste of time. A bit more anyalysis wouldnt go amiss on the actual upcoming games.

Fermexiled

I missed TRTC (Twice) this week, I thought RTE had some sort of replay/catch up service on their website but I don't see it listed. Anyone know if it gets added to RTE website?

paddypastit

QuoteI laughed when I read this

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/

in the features section "Louise Glass
Louise looks at the back-door system in Ladies' Gaelic football."

So what about this??

Glass Eye
Louise Glass examines the drinking culture that pervades in the Ladies game.

As part of this piece she says "What harm is two or three weeks without alcohol if it means that you realise that All-Ireland dream? Get that winner's medal in your back pocket and then you can make up for those three weeks of alcohol abstinence, if that's what you want to do."  Imagine saying that to the lads...
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word

magpie seanie

QuoteWho is that lilting leprauchan wannabe they have hosting now?

I thought he was actually too relaxed - it would have suited the show if he was a bit more serious.

Nearly puked up several times at the bit with Micko and John O'Mahony. Enjoyed Landers and Meyler and the Fermanagh lads. I think the snippet about the club is a good addition too.

Jinxy

To be honest, I've no interest in listening to Micko's oul guff anymore.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 09, 2008, 11:51:12 AM
Nearly puked up several times at the bit with Micko and John O'Mahony.

You must be a right soft aul hoor so if a television interview makes you puke,I'd say you be a right laugh to go have a few pints with ::)
The only thing that made me nearly puke was the colour of the great man's jumper :D
Sure do you not think Micko be great for Sligo? He could help ye win the Tommy Murphy next year as he already knows what it takes to win it with Wicklow  :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

bloody mary

first time i saw that presenter and hopefully the last. cringeworthy. he could at least know his stuff but he said to shane mccabe 'you play a bit of soccer?' mccabe had to explain that he played in the uefa cup recently and he plays for glentoran. after seeing the blank look, he explained that they are a team in belfast. he wasn't much better with landers for the hurling. how did he get to fill in for cahill, is it cos they're all in China?

magpie seanie

QuoteI'd say you be a right laugh to go have a few pints with

That's a privilege you'll never have sunshine.

As for you running down my county bad and all as we are we've won somethnig since ye have and the prospects for future success for both our counties are the same. Maybe you should have more respect for your countyman Tommy Murphy than to be making smart shite comments about the competition named after him. Still, if he played for Liverpool...

offtheground

Heard this on today FM this morning... as Paul Collins says, Des leaves big trousers to fill.....

http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2008/0811/theroadtocroker.html

Kerry Mike

I'm sure the O'Se brothers could do without talking shite to the corrupt Jackeen 3 days before the Semi Final, Paidi will do most of the talking I'm sure.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

orangeman

Quote from: Kerry Mike on August 12, 2008, 09:33:41 PM
I'm sure the O'Se brothers could do without talking shite to the corrupt Jackeen 3 days before the Semi Final, Paidi will do most of the talking I'm sure.
[/b]

Paidi usually does the talking alright and he's easy to listen to - very respectful to the animals !