Marty Clarke to make debut

Started by zoyler, June 22, 2007, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Uladh

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 13, 2007, 08:50:39 PM
Quote from: Uladh on September 13, 2007, 08:48:27 PM
watch this space know it all

From the man who knew all the details of the new Armagh manager, except that he had the wrong person  :D

i think you will find i accurately predicted the armagh manager a week before the interviews, having been told same by a county board member. the same member who told me the reasons for joe's unexpected departure.

obviously bcarrier has heard the whispers that i have. and once again you have not...

stephenite

Looks like Chris Judd is out for the game as well - set up nicely for Collingwood but 'tis very hard to get a win over the Eagles in Perth at the best of times, they're the reigning premiers so rest of the team are no slouches either. I'll tip Collingwood to take them but only just

Tiger Craig

Quote from: Uladh on September 13, 2007, 08:22:58 PM

What if the GAA were to set up their own AFL Franchise, stocked completely with irishmen, to compete in australia? they'd have the biggest roster to pick from and could reinvest the monies generated in player development back home.

Great idea

Would only need $10 million for a licence fee, $12 million a year revenue and another of the existing clubs to fold to create a spot.

Although given North Melbourne are doing it tough and talking about relocating to Queensland, maybe you could buy them.

Plus, player pool would be subject to draft by anyone  ;)

Tiger Craig

Quote from: Declan on September 13, 2007, 12:02:58 PM
Damn thuggish Aussies at it again- ;)

Great commentary tough- Eddie Fogarty eat your heart out.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ede_1189614495

Typical of amateur sport. Wouldn't happen in professional sport. Pros have to work next day.

Black and white

Uladh

Why would one sporting organisation invest money and effectively promote another sport? What you are proposing doesnt make sense. And your attitude of you guys just dont understand - is hard to listen to.

Declan

QuoteTypical of amateur sport. Wouldn't happen in professional sport. Pros have to work next day.

The amateurs have to work as well Tiger and an awful lot harder than the pros - they can't go for a massage/swim before gym work etc.

Had a good laugh at the commentary though

Uladh

Quote from: Black and white on September 14, 2007, 09:20:49 AM
Uladh

Why would one sporting organisation invest money and effectively promote another sport? What you are proposing doesnt make sense. And your attitude of you guys just dont understand - is hard to listen to.

it's not my proposal.

you must hve one of those new fangled text orators for the interweb so.

downredblack

lynchbhoy

full time
72 points each
gone into extra time period

redandblackjack

Setanta sounds like a great idea now! Keep the updates comming lads...cheers

heganboy

just got the end of that game- impressive stuff from Clarke all right
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

redandblackjack

Cheers 5ive! Fair play to Clarke.

Declan

Quotejust got the end of that game- impressive stuff from Clarke all right

did he score??

Tiger Craig

Quote from: Declan on September 14, 2007, 09:35:09 AM
QuoteTypical of amateur sport. Wouldn't happen in professional sport. Pros have to work next day.

The amateurs have to work as well Tiger and an awful lot harder than the pros - they can't go for a massage/swim before gym work etc.

Had a good laugh at the commentary though

It was a joke Decco. The boys in that punch up were amateurs.

Just remembering in the IR you blokes saying that violence and "thuggishness" doesn't happen in amateur sports - well in does in the NT  ;)