Motivational music for the team bus

Started by Lecale2, November 23, 2006, 12:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lecale2

Can anybody recommend some motivational music to play on a team bus.  Something to stir the young fellas without being patronising. Years ago one of my team managers was a big reggae fan, in particular a fan of Jimmy Cliff.
He used to play "You can get if you really want it" & " The harder they come the harder they fall" as we travelled to matches. It used to get us in the right frame of mind for a game.
Once on the way to Ballygalget he stuck on " Many rivers to cross" as we boarded the Strangford Ferry and we all sang along (even though we didn't know the words). The boys loved it then but I'm not sure it would work now.
Last year I tried the "Eye of the Tiger" but they didn't get it at all.
Any suggestions? All will be considered.

never kickt a ball

Micky Harte got the Tyrone team to pick their own songs and then played them when the team were travelling. Only works though if you are travelling on longish journeys lke to croker etc on a regular basis. I remember Cormac McAnallen picked the song "gold". The team didn't like it at the start but as they progressed it grew on them.

SouthArmaghBandit

Pete McGrath strated off as a Tina Turner fan and used to play " Simply the best" on the way to matches. Later he was more of a Tom Petty man. His favorite on match day was "Free Falling".
Depends on the group of player but I think Mickey Harte has it right getting the lads to pick music. Mind you I'm a bit of a reggae fan myself and it's hard to beat Jimmy Cliff so maybe your old boss wasn't too far off the mark.

downredblack

Something inside so strong ....Labi Saffre

el_cuervo_fc

I know of some teams that have played 'Eminem' 'lose yourself'. 

Hardy

Roddy McCorley - Tommy makem singing. If that doesn't get them fit to bull cattle, nothin will.

SlimShady

Go on the boy ye!!

legendary tune Hardy.

Spiritof98

I'll go back if Marsdens back

youbetterbelieveit

If the bus had a vidoe/DVD, then may i suggest you watch a film, while in college before a sigerson game, the management/captain got us to watch
the speeches in The Titans, and Every Given Sunday (Al Pacino's inches speech)

Jaysus it was powerful stuff,

GallBoss

The Sawdoctors "To win just once" is as powerful as it gets

Bacon

Days like this - Van Morrison. Played this on a way to junior final once. We won.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

laceer

it's hard to beat a bit of wolf tones/eire og etc. on the way to a big match...gets the blood up!!!

screenexile

Personally I like a bit of the old psyching up before a big game and tend to listen to a bit of the Prodigy, Marilyn Manson, Slipknot just to get the mind focussed!

I've heard some awful tripe played on buses like the eye of the tiger and simply the best... there is worse but I just can't remember it now.

Anyway music is the same as anything else. People are going to like different things and some people like to be psyched up during a game and some like to remain calm. I think it's up to the individual themselves to prepare for the game the best they can.

blueskinn

jonny cash- ring of fire
eminem- one chance

SlimShady