King Henry

Just watched a recording of match of the day Der. Bloody awful mistakes
I'll think of Molly while sun and moon shine
On the banks of the Suir that flows down by Mooncoin

muppet

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on October 16, 2010, 08:59:00 PM
Quote from: snoopdog on October 16, 2010, 08:52:28 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on October 16, 2010, 08:37:20 PM
This is the most pathetic thread i have seen. Over 1000 pages on an English football team while the Irish league is on the verge of bankruptcy.
you dont seem to be posting the same cr*p on the arsenal liverpool or chelsea threads.I reckon your just a bitter little ABU.

Funnily enough I don't have any rivalry with "Scouscers" or Londoners because I live in a different country. If it makes you feel any better they are equally pathetic especially the Chelsea fans who support a club who have notorious links with Linfield and Rangers.

You nearly had a point.

But you put it wide.
MWWSI 2017

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: ross4life on October 16, 2010, 07:59:11 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 16, 2010, 07:42:30 PM
Another shocking display by a United team more and more resembling the side of the mid 80's.

At least in the mid 80's United had leaders like Robson,Strachan & Moran! today was the most shocking result while Sunderland game was the most shocking display

P.S Peter other than trolling on a Man United thread what are trying to achieve?
Leaders all right-but they were light years away from winning a league title- watched the whole game yday- never looked a threat against a championship team- brutal stuff

The Real Laoislad

Just seen West Brom's second goal...
It has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen on a football pitch,Priceless!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 17, 2010, 11:43:47 AM
It has to be one of the funniest things I have ever seen on a football pitch,Priceless!
I have seen much funnier things- one involving a beach ball was hysterical

ross4life

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 17, 2010, 08:03:59 AM
Quote from: ross4life on October 16, 2010, 07:59:11 PM
Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 16, 2010, 07:42:30 PM
Another shocking display by a United team more and more resembling the side of the mid 80's.

At least in the mid 80's United had leaders like Robson,Strachan & Moran! today was the most shocking result while Sunderland game was the most shocking display

P.S Peter other than trolling on a Man United thread what are trying to achieve?
Leaders all right-but they were light years away from winning a league title- watched the whole game yday- never looked a threat against a championship team- brutal stuff

Giggs,Scholes,Nani,Vidic & Berbatov are the only player's that have played well for united this season if the form of other's don't improve united will struggle to make a Champions league place!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

magpie seanie

Quote from: Rocky Mc Guigan on October 17, 2010, 12:19:04 PM

Funny is a good word to use considering what's going on at Everton currently. We have a description for that kind of thing round here. Its known as a "Tony Fearon".

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 17, 2010, 03:32:25 PM

Looking back on it now the beachball was funny alright,but you can't blame Reina for that goal though.
The West Brom was far funnier..

Pepe Reina Own Goal v Arsenal, David James gift to Andy Cole & Dudek gift to Forlan to name a few...
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 17, 2010, 03:40:42 PM
Quote from: ross4life on October 17, 2010, 03:40:07 PM

Looking back on it now the beachball was funny alright,but you can't blame Reina for that goal though.

Pepe Reina Own Goal v Arsenal, David James gift to Andy Cole & Dudek gift to Forlan to name a few...

To name a few what?

Your so called funny mistake's by goalkeepers

norabeag

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 17, 2010, 03:44:27 PM
Quote from: ross4life on October 17, 2010, 03:42:00 PM

To name a few what?

I wasn't talking about funny mistakes by goalkeepers,I was talking about 1 funny mistake by 1 goalkeeper.
Don't see what it has to do with anything else?
Yesterday was funny,it made me laugh that is all.
You're certainly struggling for laughs mate after watching that shower
Now what is funny is the pwospect of next years Lancashire Derby
Pweston v Liverpool

118cmal

norabeag

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 17, 2010, 06:06:36 PM
Quote from: norabeag on October 17, 2010, 05:47:58 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 17, 2010, 03:44:27 PM
Quote from: ross4life on October 17, 2010, 03:42:00 PM

To name a few what?

I wasn't talking about funny mistakes by goalkeepers,I was talking about 1 funny mistake by 1 goalkeeper.
Don't see what it has to do with anything else?
Yesterday was funny,it made me laugh that is all.
You're certainly struggling for laughs mate after watching that shower
Now what is funny is the pwospect of next years Lancashire Derby
Pweston v Liverpool

Have you a lisp?
Its not a list its a lithp!!
;)

Bensars

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/oct/17/wayne-rooney-manchester-united

Wayne Rooney declares his intention to walk out on Manchester United

Wayne Rooney has thrown Manchester United's season into a state of turmoil after informing the club he has no plans to sign another contract and intends to find new employers. Rooney's decision is based on serious differences with Sir Alex Ferguson, the Guardian understands, and will be a devastating blow to the supporters who have come to regard him as a talismanic figure in this troubled era under Malcolm Glazer's ownership.

United may have no option now but to sell the England striker, possibly in the January transfer window, rather than risk his transfer valuation dramatically lowering now that he is only 20 months away from becoming a free agent.

Rooney has always said he has no desire to play abroad and would like to remain in Manchester for the rest of his career, but his mindset has changed and his availability will inevitably attract interest from major forces such as Real Madrid and Barcelona. Manchester City may feel they have an outside chance of capitalising on what has gone wrong for him at Old Trafford, although their chances are undermined by the fact they already have a huge task ahead of them bringing down their wages to prevent Uefa banning them from European competitions under financial fair-play rules.

The full details are not yet clear but the underlying fact is that Rooney now feels that his working relationship with Ferguson has suffered potentially irreparable damage in the fall-out from tabloid allegations about the striker's private life, coinciding with a dramatic loss of form and a growing sense that the most successful manager in the business has taken a hard-line approach with his player.

Rooney has lost his place in the team, with Ferguson citing a supposed ankle injury, and the 24-year-old felt sufficiently emboldened last week to contradict his manager's version of events and make it clear he has not missed a single training session – and was, in essence, dropped for other reasons.

What has not been established is whether these events have coincided with a disagreement about the amount of money he expected to earn in a new contract. United had been willing to make him the highest earner at the club, with a weekly salary of £150,000, and the club's chief executive, David Gill, had stated several times earlier in the year that the matter would be resolved as soon as Rooney was back from the World Cup.

That now appears to have backfired on Gill, with the message already conveyed to senior figures at Old Trafford that Rooney is now counting down his days at the club. There remains a suspicion it might be a part of the negotiating process, but the Guardian has been informed that, for now at least, Rooney's mind is made up and that he and his family are already contemplating where next to take his career.

If that remains the case, it threatens to be an even more devastating blow to the club than Cristiano Ronaldo's £80m transfer to Real Madrid last year given that it was widely known the Portuguese would eventually move to the Bernabéu. Rooney has always given the opposite impression, immersing himself in the fabric of the club, and now appears to be on the brink of being one of the few players to leave against their wishes. Ferguson has moved on some great footballers, including Ruud van Nistelrooy and David Beckham, but always prides himself on players not being sold unless he says so; in this case it seems clear that the decision was made by Rooney first.

With United desperately trying to keep the matter in-house, Ferguson's views on the subject are not clear, other than he is known to be alarmed and angry about the headlines that Rooney has attracted because of his alleged relationship with a prostitute, Jennifer Thompson and mostly his faltering performances on the pitch. Some United fans will be angry that Rooney seems to have portrayed himself as the victim when it could be argued that he has brought these troubles on himself, but a rift has clearly developed between player and manager.

Rooney has been in the worst form of his professional life for the last seven months, without a goal in open play since the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Bayern Munich in March. Most worryingly, he is showing few signs of emerging from his current slump. Nonetheless, he remains a hero to the United support and was regarded as the player who would help to ensure continuity and success once Ferguson, plus the likes of Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes, had retired.

ross4life

If true? Fergie should get on the phone to Silvio Berlusconi & ask for the possible swap of Pato with Rooney

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on October 16, 2010, 04:24:02 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on October 16, 2010, 04:20:08 PM
Quote from: Peter Solan the Great on October 16, 2010, 03:57:34 PM
What is the big attraction to supporting an English team? i never quite understood it. Back home in the local the barstool republicans would be chanting up the RA and booing the English international team yet are 100% devoted to Man U and Liverpool. Even worse is that the day tripper Irish fans are despised at Old Trafford and Anfield.

If you don't understand it don't let it bother you.

Why do you lot even live in Ireland if your that into English culture why dont you just move over there? Nothing worse then west Brits pretending to be other wise.

Great Article here about the barstoolers

http://www.football-corner.org/2010/04/18/irish-people-supporting-english-teams/

Ask 100 Irish people what football team they support and chances are, 99 of them will say they support an English team. Ask those 99 people who they want to win the World Cup this summer and chances are, 98 of them will say something along the lines of : "I just hope England don't fuckin' win it."
It is one thing I have never understood as someone who goes to watch his favourite team, Bohs, play every Friday night. Why barstoolers, as they are more commonly known, "support" an English team week in week out, yet when it comes to the English national team, all they want to do is see them fail.
An Irish Manchester United "fan" would simply adore a player like Wayne Rooney every weekend by wearing their replica jerseys with "Rooney 10″ on the back, however when it comes to Rooney lining up in the white of England, they want to see him lose.
It is a sad fact of life that as thousands upon thousands of "football fans" in Ireland sit in the pub every Saturday afternoon to "support" their favourite team from behind a TV screen, the majority of League of Ireland clubs continue to struggle to attract more than 3,000 people to a game every Friday night.
The majority of barstoolers will blame the quality of the league as the reason why they don't bother spending €15 to go and actually watch a game of football. "Ah, I watched a game on the telly last week and it was shite" is something I hear quite a lot. These people think they know everything about the club they "support" from behind a TV screen. They refer to the likes of Liverpool as "we" and they go on talking about why Rafa has to be sacked for weeks on end.
The large majority of Irish people have absolutely no connection with the English club they "support" and yet they still refer to the English club as "we". It really does sicken me when I scroll down through FaceBook on a Saturday evening looking at my friends status updates and I'll I can see is : "Rooney, you absolute legend" or "Come on Liverpool, we have these pricks."
I have no problem with an Irish person having a favourite English team but the thing that really gets to me is the fact they simply can't be bothered getting of their arse on a Friday night to go and support our domestic league. I don't understand how they call themselves football fans when the only time they ever actually watch a game of football is on the telly.
Barstoolers will never feel what a proper football fan feels. They will go over to Old Trafford or Anfield once a season and think they are great because they travelled so far to support their club but in actual fact they are just customers.
They will never feel the heartache of a real fan when his side concede in the last minute to be knocked out of the cup. They will never feel the jubilation of a real fan as he runs onto the pitch to celebrate with his heroes after his side have just won the league.
Even as a Bohs fan, I have far more respect for a Shamrock Rovers fan than I do for a barstooler.
The League of Ireland will survive for the simple reason that some people in this country actually enjoy going to watch live football and not just sit in a bar or sit at home, pretending to be a real fan.

would they not see more if they went around to the front it
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012