Quote from: under the bar on June 27, 2010, 04:55:35 PM
Gerrard's England myth exposed more like

:D :D
is that the best you can come up with?

paco

muppet

MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

What are yous arguing about? They're all shit.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mountainboii

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 27, 2010, 05:08:06 PM
What are yous arguing about? They're all shit.

This.

If United weren't broke, Ozil would be top of my shopping list. Super footballer.

Dinny Breen

QuoteIf United weren't broke, Ozil would be top of my shopping list. Super footballer.

Seemingly Arsenal have him lined up as Fabregas's replacement.
#newbridgeornowhere

Carmen Stateside

under the bar

QuoteWhat are yous arguing about? They're all shit.

I wasn't arguing.  Carmen singled out WR, while I pointed out that the whole team led by Captain Comedy were a joke.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: under the bar on June 27, 2010, 05:37:34 PM

I wasn't arguing.  Carmen singled out WR, while I pointed out that the whole team led by Captain Comedy were a joke.

Check again mate.

Shrewdness

Even as a United fan ,nobody can deny that Rooney has had a very poor World Cup.To think that people were mentioning him last season in the same breath as Messi is laughable i'm afraid. 

under the bar

Check again mate.

Correct, it was Longrunsthefox posing as Carmen.

QuoteEven as a United fan ,nobody can deny that Rooney has had a very poor World Cup.To think that people were mentioning him last season in the same breath as Messi is laughable i'm afraid.

Yes he had a crap WC and I wouldn't have compared him to Messi since they are completely different players.   That said Messi hasn't lived up to his billing in this WC either.

paco

QuoteEven as a United fan ,nobody can deny that Rooney has had a very poor World Cup.To think that people were mentioning him last season in the same breath as Messi is laughable i'm afraid.

Yes he had a crap WC and I wouldn't have compared him to Messi since they are completely different players.   That said Messi hasn't lived up to his billing in this WC either.
[/quote]

Why do you think this? The only reason I can think is that he hasn't scored a goal yet, but he's been fantastic in every game and one of-if not the-best performers so far.

Geoff Tipps

You must have been watching a different World Cup. Messi's been excellent so far.

Boycey

Quote from: paco on June 27, 2010, 07:03:46 PM

Why do you think this? The only reason I can think is that he hasn't scored a goal yet, but he's been fantastic in every game and one of-if not the-best performers so far.
[/quote]

To be honest I don't remember too many people saying that Rooney was as good as Messi except maybe the odd one eyed Englander...

Messi has been really good in the tournament but I don't think he's come close to hitting the heights he can yet, saw a stat on SSN the other day Messi has had the most shots, 20 I think. There are two ways of looking at that either hes playing brilliant 7 shots per game, or no goals out of 20 efforts thats brutal ;D