Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

This Tevez thing has gone beyond a joke. If they don't sign him up its simply because United do not have the money becasue they have to pay 50 odd million a year in loan interest for the gimps. There is no other reason.

thebigfella

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 12, 2009, 04:26:02 PM
This Tevez thing has gone beyond a joke. If they don't sign him up its simply because United do not have the money becasue they have to pay 50 odd million a year in loan interest for the gimps. There is no other reason.

Or maybe they want Benzema instead.

corn02

Quote from: thebigfella on May 12, 2009, 04:36:42 PM

If you believe that they don't want Tevez you are way out.

full back

Is he costing £30 million or is it £20 million?

Dont think he is worth £30 million, £20 perhaps, but not £30 million

thebigfella

Quote from: corn02 on May 12, 2009, 04:52:30 PM

Not what I said, in an ideal world they would have both but again that is not going to happen. Maybe Ferguson has decided Benzema (if they actually want him or someone else) will offer something different to the team. There isn't an unlimited pot of money unlike at some other clubs in the past. Is it prudent business to sign a striker at 30 odd million if he's not going to be 1st, 2nd or even 3rd choice?

StGallsGAA

Right lads, I've booked my trip to Rome & now just need the ticket.  Any helpers?

thebigfella

Quote from: corn02 on May 12, 2009, 04:52:30 PM

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/sunsport_columnists/article2425628.ece

Maybe they do want him but just don't want to pay. IMHO opinion this makes more sense that the financial nonsense being talked about.

118cmal

Bigfella, although this seems to be a reasonable argument by the Sun, I can't see Carlos walking away from his agreement with Joorbachian/MSI.  He has stated on many occasions that he is a good frien of Joorbachian and sees him as a father figure.  Judging by his comments at the weekend, he doesn't view fergie in the same way.

thebigfella

Quote from: 118cmal on May 13, 2009, 02:11:40 AM
Bigfella, although this seems to be a reasonable argument by the Sun, I can't see Carlos walking away from his agreement with Joorbachian/MSI.  He has stated on many occasions that he is a good frien of Joorbachian and sees him as a father figure.  Judging by his comments at the weekend, he doesn't view fergie in the same way.

Maybe so but if Utd waved a big bit of cash under his nose, I wonder how loyal he would be? He wouldn't be the first premier league footballer to be tempted by a big wad of cash. I would take all comments or articles in the tabloids with a pinch of salt personally, do you think if Ferguson thought he was having a go he would have played on Sunday? Paul Merson (on Sky Sports) reckons Ferguson would not cut his nose off by not using him (or getting rid) but i'm not so sure, Ferguson can be prone to some head staggers at times.

StGallsGAA

Tevez made his bed when he sold ownership of himself to Joorbachian who doesnt care if Tevez ends up playing football in Qatar provided the money is right.  Yes I'd love to see him stay but £30M is too much even tho we've already paid 10 of it.  Problem is Joorbachain already has pocketed £10M and knows he will probably get £15M-£20M elsewhere rather than take any cut on the £20M outstanding.   

The United fans love him and no doubt Fergie likes his work rate and commitment.   However his "owners" are saying that the £30M, agreed during a boom, is non-negotiable even tho we are in the worst recession in a lifetime.   Everything is negotiable.    Tevez and Joorbachain are holding out for the big shop window of the CL final, where a mighty performance will strenghten their position.  A player who has no control over his own future is not good for football.

Minder

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 13, 2009, 09:08:34 AM
Tevez made his bed when he sold ownership of himself to Joorbachian who doesnt care if Tevez ends up playing football in Qatar provided the money is right.  Yes I'd love to see him stay but £30M is too much even tho we've already paid 10 of it.  Problem is Joorbachain already has pocketed £10M and knows he will probably get £15M-£20M elsewhere rather than take any cut on the £20M outstanding.   

The United fans love him and no doubt Fergie likes his work rate and commitment.   However his "owners" are saying that the £30M, agreed during a boom, is non-negotiable even tho we are in the worst recession in a lifetime.   Everything is negotiable.    Tevez and Joorbachain are holding out for the big shop window of the CL final, where a mighty performance will strenghten their position.  A player who has no control over his own future is not good for football.

He has even less control if he was under contract and wanted to leave to go to Liverpool or Chelsea for example, there is no way United would sell to those clubs.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thebigfella

Quote from: Minder on May 13, 2009, 09:13:46 AM
Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 13, 2009, 09:08:34 AM

He has even less control if he was under contract and wanted to leave to go to Liverpool or Chelsea for example, there is no way United would sell to those clubs.

Hmmm, dunno he can leave for free or buy out the last year of his contract at a club, that doesn't seem to be the case with MSI. What is the deal with Joorbachain, does it not run for a defined period of time?

magpie seanie

Tevez strike me as a loyal sort of lad who is not motivated primarily by money so I think that Sun story in pie in the sky.

I just hope it gets sorted out and he stays. I wouldn't take Benzema over Tevez, especially if Tevez ends up at one of Uniteds main rivals.

thebigfella

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 13, 2009, 10:06:40 AM
Tevez strike me as a loyal sort of lad who is not motivated primarily by money so I think that Sun story in pie in the sky.

I just hope it gets sorted out and he stays. I wouldn't take Benzema over Tevez, especially if Tevez ends up at one of Uniteds main rivals.

Yeah because Joorbachian is a real nice guy and only interested in what's best for Tevez :D

Ping Pong Santa

Dave Whelan, Chairman and owner of Wigan football club:

"It is a shame if we lose and a shame if we beat United. Sir Alex is the maestro, probably the finest manager the world has ever seen. Sir Alex and Sir Bobby Charlton, who I served in the Army with, are the heart and soul of football".

It's all over, if it wasn't already that is.