Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

Fletcher is having a wonderful season by the way!

So many options this year!

ExiledGael

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 29, 2008, 10:47:18 AM

All of them mediocre. United will win nothing with Darren Fletcher as a first team regular. Really admire him as a squad player and he's a great option at times but no matter how hard he works ever he's simply short on quality.

corn02

I see old Stan Collymore was getting stuck into Ronaldo today  backing up Minder's assertion. Persoanlly I thought for someone who dives consistently he didn't make anything of it, but only had a quick glance.

ExiledGael

Seen that clown Collymore. That's Stan Collymore and Minder, the only two people who seem to think the whole incident was Ronaldo's doing.
Palacious' ridiculous dive yesterday was the winning goal against Wigan but Collymore just goes for the most publicity/easiest target and one that will maybe bring him to the attention of football people again. This is obviously not to say Ronaldo doesn't dive, because he does more than most, but you could spend weeks here losting examples of every player in the game to dive, an awful lot of which are lauded as clever play/experience.

corn02

Gael I don't think anyone in their right mind would take Collymore seriously. He has two targets Rafa and Ronaldo.

nifan

Ronaldo did nothing wrong -wasnt a peno either, but he cant be blamed on this one.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: corn02 on September 29, 2008, 07:43:59 PM
Gael I don't think anyone in their right mind would take Collymore seriously. He has two targets Rafa and Ronaldo.
Makes a change from beating women.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: ExiledGael on September 29, 2008, 04:11:07 PM
Quote from: Goats Do Shave on September 29, 2008, 10:47:18 AM

All of them mediocre. United will win nothing with Darren Fletcher as a first team regular. Really admire him as a squad player and he's a great option at times but no matter how hard he works ever he's simply short on quality.

Every team needs a "water carrier"!  ;)

EC Unique

Berb off the mark with 2 goals (second showed his class) and 3-0 victory. Nice nights work apart from the injuries :-[

full back

Good win against a poor team (how the fcuk did Celtic fail to beat that team) but as Fergie said the injuries could be costly.
Think Scholes is out for about 8 weeks, dont know about Rooney.
Again, impressed by Rafael going forward. His defending may not be up to scratch but hopefully that will come.

The GAA

Raphael looks good - where's the twin brother?

creativity in midfield is the major headache for fergie in scholes' absence and arguably has been for 5 years. i think the 30m spent on berbatov would have been better spent on a modric type player. giggs will be the stop gap but little more than that (fine pass for rooney's goal). anyone think rooney could flourish in the attacking / creative midfield role? i think that's where he'll end up later in his career

magpie seanie

To be honest I wasn't that impressed with United last night. I thought they were really sloppy but Aalborg were chronic. As someone said already I kept wondering how Celtic didn't beat them. The couple of goals will help Berbatov settle.

118cmal

Quote from: The GAA on October 01, 2008, 11:02:44 AM

Raphael looks good - where's the twin brother?

creativity in midfield is the major headache for fergie in scholes' absence and arguably has been for 5 years. i think the 30m spent on berbatov would have been better spent on a modric type player. giggs will be the stop gap but little more than that (fine pass for rooney's goal). anyone think rooney could flourish in the attacking / creative midfield role? i think that's where he'll end up later in his career
Fabio is out at the moment with a shoulder injury - I think he is expected back in around 6 weeks.

I think rooney could flourish if he had two sitting midfielders behind him, say carrick and hargreaves, but i wouldnt be happy with him playing a central midfield role in a 4-4-2.  I dont think he has the discipline to be honest.  Interestingly, anderson has always been perceived in brazil as being a really creative player, almost in the ronaldinho mode.  Perhaps if he gets a more advanced role in midfield while scholes is out we could see more of this side of his game.

Is anyone else starting to get cheesed off with Nani??  Yes we can see he has talent, but he constantly seems to choose the wrong option.  I also dont agree that ronaldo was just as bad in his first couple of seasons

The Real Laoislad

Thank God I have Sky Sports that I wasn't left with that shite on RTE last night as the only soccer I could watch.
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 01, 2008, 02:14:41 PM
Thank God I have Sky Sports that I wasn't left with that shite on RTE last night as the only soccer I could watch.

It's gettign harder & harder to listen to them muppetts on RTE right enough.

I'm sure it'll be pleasent on the eye tonight though, with those reknown 'entertainers' on the box!