Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoYerJob Linesman

17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

Puckoon

could chelsea scupper uniteds silverware plans on two stages this year? not taking liverpool for granted - but the prospect of one team upsetting the united juggernaut on both fronts is too mouthwatering to not contemplate!

J70

Quote from: new devil on April 26, 2008, 03:11:58 PM
f**king sc**bag linesman trying to make a name for himself....never seen a linesman call a peno like that before, not even sure if it hit is hand

You can't have watched much football if you've never seen a linesman flag for a foul in the box before.

full back

Quote from: Puckoon on April 26, 2008, 03:22:58 PM
united juggernaut

The juggernaut is certainly showing signs of slowing down lately

tintin25

Gutting to lose than pen but if I'm being honest you couldn't really argue with it....Carrick did fcuk all the whole match as well. Still fancy us to win it as I we should be beating West Ham and Wigan...don't deserve to be champs if we can't. Thought Utd were too cautious in the first half, Chelsea winning the midfield battle but I thought Fletcher was decent along with Hargreaves. Nani was frustrating as hell though.......Ronaldo should have started this game. Anyways, here's hoping Utd do the biz on Tues!

Barney

If United scrape home on goal difference it will certainly be a tainted title.

If that was to happen and they were to lose to Chelsea in a champions league final it would be worthless.

Selection today set a poor attitude. We deserved to lose - why complicate things. Fergie's performance the last while should be criticised as much as Benitez.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Barney on April 26, 2008, 05:57:37 PM
If United scrape home on goal difference it will certainly be a tainted title.

If that was to happen and they were to lose to Chelsea in a champions league final it would be worthless.

Selection today set a poor attitude. We deserved to lose - why complicate things. Fergie's performance the last while should be criticised as much as Benitez.

Agree with that last paragraph Barney. Couldn't believe Tevez and Ronaldo were on the bench at the start.  League is all up in the air now as I fancy West Ham  to 'do' Utd again... :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gawa316

Rio kicking a female steward, utd players fighting with chelsea ground staff and oul whiskey nose whinging like an hoor.

Gracious in defeat as ever...

magickingdom

f**king sc**bag linesman trying to make a name for himself....never seen a linesman call a peno like that before, not even sure if it hit is hand

We always do things the hard way  :( :(

post no 666 for new devil and he's still ranting... could have been a peno 5 min earlier but that 'sc**bag' linesman missed it.

full back

Quote from: gawa316 on April 26, 2008, 07:21:51 PM
Rio kicking a female steward, utd players fighting with chelsea ground staff and oul whiskey nose whinging like an hoor.

Fcuk off to a thread where your opinion is wanted gawa
Rio went to kick a wall but connected with a steward accidentally. He apologised & also went back to see if she was ok. She has accepted it was an accident.
And of course it was the Utd players fault for wanting to warm down ::)
Utd are giving off about the penalty claim regarding Ballack & Ronaldo. It was a penalty but if referee's gave them in every game there would be 5/6 at least every time

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: full back on April 26, 2008, 07:49:19 PM

Rio went to kick a wall but connected with a steward accidentally.

:D

full back

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on April 26, 2008, 08:08:26 PM

Rio went to kick a wall but connected with a steward accidentally.

:D

Meanwhile, United's Rio Ferdinand apologised to a steward after accidently kicking her following Michael Ballack's late penalty winner.

Ferdinand lashed out at a brick wall as he walked off the pitch but also made contact with a female steward.

"Unfortunately, a lady was stood by and I accidentally brushed her with my foot. I apologised profusely and went back to make sure she was OK," he said.

We will be studying the relevant CCTV and camera footage

Chelsea spokesman

"I have arranged for a bouquet of flowers to be sent to her.

"Credit to her, she laughed it off and was very understanding. She said she wasn't hurt."

J70

Quote from: magickingdom on April 26, 2008, 07:43:42 PM

We always do things the hard way  :( :(

post no 666 for new devil and he's still ranting... could have been a peno 5 min earlier but that 'sc**bag' linesman missed it.

If its the Brown incident you're talking about, it looked to me like Drogba handled it first!

gawa316

Fcuk off to a thread where your opinion is wanted gawa
Rio went to kick a wall but connected with a steward accidentally. He apologised & also went back to see if she was ok. She has accepted it was an accident.
And of course it was the Utd players fault for wanting to warm down ::)
Utd are giving off about the penalty claim regarding Ballack & Ronaldo. It was a penalty but if referee's gave them in every game there would be 5/6 at least every time

;)

Minder

Alex Ferguson
"I think it's a disgraceful decision to get a penalty kick against you in a major game like that on the linesman's say-so."

So penalties should only be given by linesmen in meaningless games........? I suppose it is totally irrelevant that the linesman had a perfect view and was looking straight at Carrick. Interesting rationale from Ferguson.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"