Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: EC Unique on September 25, 2012, 09:06:02 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on September 25, 2012, 05:48:08 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 25, 2012, 05:45:58 PM
Jesus that game was some attrition for knee injuries. Vidic, Agger and Kelly.

And Vidic didn't even make the bench  ;)

He hurt it in training before the Liverpool game. That is why rio and Evans were the centre backs. He is having no luck with the knees.

Fergie said after the game Vidic was rested after playing a number of games in a row. You knew straight away he wouldn't be rested for that type game Fergie tried his best to cover it up and i wouldn't be surprised if he's out for longer than 2 months.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

AZOffaly

Quote from: EC Unique on September 25, 2012, 09:06:02 PM
Quote from: Mentalman on September 25, 2012, 05:48:08 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 25, 2012, 05:45:58 PM
Jesus that game was some attrition for knee injuries. Vidic, Agger and Kelly.

And Vidic didn't even make the bench  ;)

He hurt it in training before the Liverpool game. That is why rio and Evans were the centre backs. He is having no luck with the knees.

Shite :) I knew I saw him on the ground holding his knee at some stage, it must have been the Galatasaray game or something :) Sure that explains it, if Vidic was playing Liverpool would have won :)

stew

The way Rio was hobbling around he might be buggered as well, they said it was just cramp but with Ferguson you never know.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

GAA_Talk

https://apps.facebook.com/theguardian/football/2012/sep/26/ryan-tunnicliffe-manchester-united

• 19-year-old's father placed £100 bet when son was nine
• Midfielder played in United's win over Newcastle

Ryan Tunnicliffe's debut for Manchester United as a 77th-minute substitute in the 2-1 Capital One Cup win over Newcastle United won his father, Mick, a bet worth £10,000.

When the fledgling midfielder, now 19, was nine his father had placed the wager that his son would one day play for United, taking the odds of 100-1 with a £100 bet.

This was the same age Tunnicliffe had first been scouted by United and, though he had played league football while on loan at Peterborough United last season, his appearance at Old Trafford against Newcastle was his first for the Reds after progressing through the academy and then signing as a scholar.

His father was one of 46,358 at the game to see his bet come in.

Rumour has it that he has also bet on odds of 350-1 that he will represent England during his career.

magpie seanie

Thought Robbie Brady looked really composed in the few minutes he was involved. Looks a good prospect. He better hope he doesn't get too much game time for the first team though or the clown managing Ireland will not pick him.

laoislad

So Roberto Martinez gets fined by the FA for complaining about the Ref's decision to award this penalty.

::)

Any United fans care to tell me exactly why this was a penalty, I know yer always good for an excuse or ten......
Go on I'd love to hear...
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: laoislad on September 27, 2012, 08:51:15 PM
So Roberto Martinez gets fined by the FA for complaining about the Ref's decision to award this penalty.

Any United fans care to tell me exactly why this was a penalty, I know yer always good for an excuse or ten......

I don't make excuses. Never a penalty. Must say I haven't seen Utd too many times yet this season, ok I only saw one full game against Everton. But it just shows you the power refs have. I think it's shocking first of all it was a penalty and secondly that Martinez gets fined about criticising the ref.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

thebigfella

If it annoys scouser cnuts, then it was a penalty.........  8)

laoislad

Quote from: thebigfella on September 27, 2012, 09:12:39 PM

If it annoys scouser cnuts, then it was a penalty.........  8)

Martinez is Spanish

Lecale2

What is the point Laoislad?

ballinaman

Jesus, what shite. Any chance we can move the FBD league forward.

laoislad

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2012, 09:06:48 PM

I don't make excuses. Never a penalty. Must say I haven't seen Utd too many times yet this season, ok I only saw one full game against Everton. But it just shows you the power refs have. I think it's shocking first of all it was a penalty and secondly that Martinez gets fined about criticising the ref.

That's some collection of fine looking ladies you have on your Facebook.
Do they feel sorry for you or what is it?

magpie seanie

Always makes me laugh Liverpool fans complaining about highly dubious penalties being awarded to other teams!  ;D

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 28, 2012, 11:51:06 AM
Always makes me laugh Liverpool fans complaining about highly dubious penalties being awarded to other teams!  ;D

I'm not complaining, Martinez was.