Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 23, 2023, 12:12:27 PM
Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 23, 2023, 10:50:08 AM
Never mind Rachel, some lad who works a few weekend shifts on FM104 DECLARED he would no longer support Unuted...
What planet are some people on. I used to be obsessed with United but as an adult I treat it like light entertainment.

I've enough hardship being really emotionally invested in club and County.

Couldn't agree more Scarlet. How little I care now in comparison to club & county has never been a bigger gap. These boys are on 200k a week across the water, the 2 big teams are soon to be Manchester City & Newcastle who nobody in Ireland supports, what is the point?
The champions league and the World Cup are getting tinkered with all the time, the Saudi's are in kicking up a storm, you've got Chelsea firing money at everything - the game is totally gone. A United defeat would once have put me in bad form - I genuinely get over it immediately these days.
It's the man who grew up in England I feel sorry for - they don't know any better. If the highlight of my weekend was that sh*te rather than heading down to see the club play it would be a miserable existance.

There is an irony in the above that you'll will probably never realise.

ClubScene13

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 24, 2023, 11:28:33 AM
Never mind Rachel, some lad who works a few weekend shifts on FM104 DECLARED he would no longer support Unuted...
What planet are some people on. I used to be obsessed with United but as an adult I treat it like light entertainment.

Couldn't agree more Scarlet. How little I care now in comparison to club & county has never been a bigger gap. These boys are on 200k a week across the water, the 2 big teams are soon to be Manchester City & Newcastle who nobody in Ireland supports, what is the point?
The champions league and the World Cup are getting tinkered with all the time, the Saudi's are in kicking up a storm, you've got Chelsea firing money at everything - the game is totally gone. A United defeat would once have put me in bad form - I genuinely get over it immediately these days.
It's the man who grew up in England I feel sorry for - they don't know any better. If the highlight of my weekend was that sh*te rather than heading down to see the club play it would be a miserable existance.

Enlighten me

From the Bunker

Quote from: ClubScene13 on August 24, 2023, 12:42:56 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 24, 2023, 11:28:33 AM

Enlighten me

The GAA has it's own Financial doping bubble. Gaa fans constantly turn a blind eye to Dublin's home advantage. To the investment by the GAA in Dublin GAA. To how the Corporate Boxes influence our games. How Managers, Coaches, trainers and a whole entourage of people have full time jobs doing what they do in what is marketed as an AMATEUR game.

The time has gone where a county Like Offaly could think of winning a AI title.

I know Dublin GAA fans who have never seen Dublin play outside Croke Park. And have been asked f*** all times to do so.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 24, 2023, 09:23:01 AM
I don't think he'll get  the 2 windows . I think he will be gone  by this time next year.

You were saying similar this time last year. 

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 14, 2022, 12:10:19 AM
I always thought Ten Haag wouldn't be there long. Maybe gone  at  end of the season , or probably before then.

nrico2006

Ten hag has a lot to prove this season. Has spent a good bit but a few of them have been flops thus far. No real style of play either.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AustinPowers

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 24, 2023, 05:07:27 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on August 24, 2023, 09:23:01 AM
I don't think he'll get  the 2 windows . I think he will be gone  by this time next year.

You were saying similar this time last year. 

Quote from: AustinPowers on August 14, 2022, 12:10:19 AM
I always thought Ten Haag wouldn't be there long. Maybe gone  at  end of the season , or probably before then.

I'll probably  say the same next summer  too   ;)

Blowitupref

3rd in the league,reaching two domestic cup finals and winning one of those finals was a decent 1st year for Ten Hag. Unlikely to better that this season. 4th or 5th in the league and no final appearance is a more likely scenario I would think.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

trailer

Absolutely shite. How some of those players are still at the club never mind f**king starting is beyond me.

seafoid

There are 17 year olds who would not remember a decent Man Utd team.

Milltown Row2

Luckily for them today they are playing Forrest
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

clarshack

Relying on a red card and a penalty to dig them out of a hole.

Cunny Funt

Job done the hard way from 2-0 behind and winning against 10 men isn't easy as Arsenal found out this afternoon. Still needs to serious questions asked behind the scenes to how and why they found themselves 2-0 behind after 4 minutes if it was away match there was probably no way back.

Home form under Ten Hag is impressive 31 games in all competitions unbeaten in Old Trafford. He lost his first Premier league home match and since then 20 games in the league and 54 points out of a possible 60

jcpen

Quote from: clarshack on August 26, 2023, 04:36:36 PM
Relying on a red card and a penalty to dig them out of a hole.
Brutal stuff from them again. They won't be within an asses roar of the League title, top 4 will be a struggle for them also I think.
NEUTRAL
ALSO NOT FROM LAOIS!

Kidder81

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 26, 2023, 05:26:53 PM
Job done the hard way from 2-0 behind and winning against 10 men isn't easy as Arsenal found out this afternoon. Still needs to serious questions asked behind the scenes to how and why they found themselves 2-0 behind after 4 minutes if it was away match there was probably no way back.

Home form under Ten Hag is impressive 31 games in all competitions unbeaten in Old Trafford. He lost his first Premier league home match and since then 20 games in the league and 54 points out of a possible 60

The Fulham red card was in the 84th minute

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 26, 2023, 05:37:16 PM
The Fulham red card was in the 84th minute

And Fulham went on to score after that red card and earned a draw in a match that had 14 minutes of added time.